I've seen a few posts about similar issues lately, so I wanted to follow up and see if anyone has dug up a solution. I just got a K1 from Sprint yesterday, and my data service is very... weird. I get an LTE signal, but certain services work whilst others don't. For example, Google Maps, Twitter, and Facebook, and even the CNN app, all seem to work fine and pull down mobile data just fine. But the Chrome browser, the Play Store, and Play Music (and several others) don't get any data, and report that there is "no connection".

Has anyone dealt with this successfully? I tried changing the APN information based on some suggestions on this forum, but the device always defaults back to its original APN. I can change it manually, but it doesn't stick (even after I hit save). Plus, when changing the APN - I lose ALL data service completely, so it looks like the changed one never takes effect. And then it bounces back to the default.

Any ideas? I've also tried a factory reset, the update voice and data settings, and countless reboots. Thanks!
    07-30-17 02:19 PM
    Sounds like your having a data saver issue? Is that the data saver coming on by itself? Check for a semicircle icon at top status bar.

What signal did you have when doing your factory reset? Did you update through a WiFi network or thru data?

I did a factory seset while in a native lte network area and used data not WiFi for the update, this forced all info and settings to come directly from sprint, and poof! Nearly all issues are resolved!

I have 1 issue still, when I go off network to roaming for extended period of time, like 3 hours or more, then I must reboot to get data back
    07-31-17 01:55 PM
    Strangely enough, data saver actually helped my issue, not hurt it. Without data saver enabled, no websites would load at all. Just "connection timed out" after awhile. When I switched data saver on, most websites that I visited through a google search would work properly, and browsing was possible again. But other apps like the Play Store, music streaming, or even the Weather Channel app, still pull down no data. While other apps, like Facebook, Twitter, CNN, and even YouTube, work normally and pull data normally. It's really odd... its like certain apps access the data signal whilst others can't.
    07-31-17 02:34 PM
    FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys I found a fix!

Simply delete all the APIs except x.ispsn

But since there are two under that name, make sure you keep the one that has LTE as bearer.

See the second pic for the Bearer: LTE section to look for.

Automatic preferred network is selected and so far everything works fine.

Let me know if this works for you!
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint data issues-screenshot_20170801-222544.jpg   Sprint data issues-screenshot_20170801-222602.jpg  
    Smart-Tech likes this.
    08-02-17 12:39 AM
    I also switched to CDMA as preferred network and my phone works like a charm. Sprint also had to pull via OMA when they activated it. See if any of these solutions work for you. Sprint needs to work on a definite fix for this. It's annoying.
    08-02-17 12:43 AM
    Btw, are you allowed to send MMS? That was my issue before as well.
    08-02-17 12:43 AM
    08-03-17 01:33 AM
    The fix didn't work for me, and neither did switching to CDMA. It does switch over to CDMA properly and the 3G lights up, but then no data gets pulled down either. No dice - I called Sprint customer service and they couldn't figure it out, but told me they were "escalating" the problem and would do some research and get back to me.
    08-03-17 02:03 PM
    Fix for me was setting the preferred network type as CDMA and using the other APN x.ispsn that has the bearer eHRPD
    Last edited by J0176; 08-05-17 at 06:28 PM.
    08-04-17 11:20 PM
    You're the master. ..thanks ! Works great now
    08-08-17 11:05 AM
    They are stupid, they made me change phones like 3 times
    08-08-17 11:07 AM
    I just can't believe Sprint couldn't fix it after swapping 3 phones! Thank you fcrisantos
    08-08-17 11:16 AM
    I've seen a few posts about similar issues lately, so I wanted to follow up and see if anyone has dug up a solution. I just got a K1 from Sprint yesterday, and my data service is very... weird. I get an LTE signal, but certain services work whilst others don't. For example, Google Maps, Twitter, and Facebook, and even the CNN app, all seem to work fine and pull down mobile data just fine. But the Chrome browser, the Play Store, and Play Music (and several others) don't get any data, and report that there is "no connection".

Has anyone dealt with this successfully? I tried changing the APN information based on some suggestions on this forum, but the device always defaults back to its original APN. I can change it manually, but it doesn't stick (even after I hit save). Plus, when changing the APN - I lose ALL data service completely, so it looks like the changed one never takes effect. And then it bounces back to the default.

Any ideas? I've also tried a factory reset, the update voice and data settings, and countless reboots. Thanks!
    08-08-17 10:41 PM
    I experiences the same issues where the data works on 3g or Wi-Fi but when attempting to search websites on LTE CNN would work but Google, msm.com or yahoo.com would not work. I took it back to the Sprint corporate store and they found the same issue with my replacement k1 as well as the store demo phone. They surmised that is was a design flaw in the 4G antenna and advised that I switch to another phone. They said that they would notify Sprint HQ and pull the phone from the display.
    08-08-17 10:46 PM
    So I just got the KEY1 and noticed a similar deal. 3G off WiFi and nothing opened and connection errors. Well I went into my phones settings.
    On wireless networks part I clicked more. Then cellular networks...changed preferred network type to LTE/CDMA.
    Also clicked under it on access point names. Chose x.ispsn. There are 2 of those. Click one and scroll down till you see bearer: LTE.

Choose that one AND delete the other one. Wait just a minute. Maybe restart(i didn't need to) and bam!
    I'm on LTE and it hasn't messed up since.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-13-17 01:21 PM