Have had my KEYone for almost 2 weeks now. My LED on my finger print space bar (right side) only lights up 10% of the time. Anyone else having an issue?
    Fuhrernando likes this.
    05-23-17 08:27 PM
    Does restarting the device rectify the LED issue?
    05-23-17 09:36 PM
    Hi,
    No it doesn't seem to matter.
    I had it on the charger this morning while on Twitter and tested several times.
    It worked 9 times of 10 then.
    Off the charger not so often.
    I'll monitor it today to see if there is any pattern.

Todd
    05-24-17 08:39 AM
    Thanks for your feedback Todd. Adding this observation to our monitoring log. Continue to check for any patterns to help further reporting - this helps tremendously.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-24-17 05:51 PM
    Hi,

Still no pattern. I did note that when it was on the charger during the day (not that it needed it 😂) it worked more often than off the charger. Could be a bad LED but not ruling out software yet. I'll get a 100-1 next week when available as well and compare.
    Might be some app conflicting.
    I'll wipe this one then and see what happens with a fresh start.

Todd
    05-24-17 05:58 PM
    My led in the spacebar never works. German qwertz model bought at saturn end april
    05-25-17 03:08 AM
    My led in the spacebar never works. German qwertz model bought at saturn end april
    Mine works (bought from MediaMarkt) but it is very faint. In showcase videos it looks very bright.
    05-25-17 06:24 AM
    In which situations should it be active.?
    05-25-17 04:08 PM
    No problems here...I'll keep an eye on when it activates on/off. Build date of 4/17
    05-25-17 10:48 PM
    When you have a password and finger print set up, when you wake the device with the power button, the LEDs will light up. If you have an application that uses the finger prints to open (authenticate) it will light up then as well. My banking app, Amazon app, Password Keeper app and more do this. It's a notification letting you know that you can use the finger print scanner instead of a password.

Todd
    05-26-17 01:46 PM
    Can reproduce on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ too. I have done a reboot and still it's there. It's 100% left side led that blinks on locked screen.
    06-11-17 12:24 PM
    When you have a password and finger print set up, when you wake the device with the power button, the LEDs will light up. If you have an application that uses the finger prints to open (authenticate) it will light up then as well. My banking app, Amazon app, Password Keeper app and more do this. It's a notification letting you know that you can use the finger print scanner instead of a password.

Todd
    My space bar led seems to work the opposite way around; the led only comes on when the fingerprint sensor won't unlock the phone, this is when I have used the locked screen shortcut and therefore need to enter a pin. If I lock the screen by double tapping the screen, then the spacebar sensor wakes the phone, but the led lights don't activate.
    06-17-17 01:00 AM
    I have exactly the same problem.
    06-30-17 06:40 PM
    Has there been a fix for this or is this a hardware issue?

I have an unlocked CDMA version and my LED lights on the space bar work half the time. It's either both working only about 20% of the time, then the rest of the time, it is either just the left LED light or none of them.

Thanks for any help.
    09-13-17 08:51 PM
    Has there been a fix for this or is this a hardware issue?

I have an unlocked CDMA version and my LED lights on the space bar work half the time. It's either both working only about 20% of the time, then the rest of the time, it is either just the left LED light or none of them.

Thanks for any help.
    You can try this test. Be aware that it might result in the Dtek app showing the OS was compromised - not always.

------------

Finger Print test (will this affect the Dtek readings - unknown)

"In order to trouble shoot this issue, please performs the following steps:

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Select MANU
    3. Select FingerPrint and perform the test. If it displays "Pass" on all (Self Test, Reset Pixel, Checker Board), your fingerprint is OK
    4. Select FingerPrintEnroll. Put your finger on your fingerprint and check if it displays your fingerprint on the screen."
    09-14-17 10:00 AM
    Yeah mine was faulty through that test. It might trip the software. But BlackBerry never said anything about it when I got an exchange.
    09-14-17 12:51 PM
    mine was faulty through the led testing
    09-14-17 04:34 PM
    I have the same issue. It's only the left LED that works 100% of the time. Is this a hardware issue? I have tried all the resets and a fresh wipe without success.
    09-14-17 06:13 PM
    I noticed this fairly recently too. Disabling fingerprint and then re-enabling it fixed it briefly, but now it's back to showing just one light. Restarts don't seem to affect it.
    09-16-17 11:55 AM
    I sent my keyone to repair for the same problem only left led is working, even after a reset the problem comes back.
    09-16-17 12:19 PM
    Can't seem to discern any pattern to this behavior. Noticed both LEDs on after a full charge, and one LED slowly flashing (not pulsing like usual) when connected to charger. After unplugging though it was back to one LED pulsing. And just now, back to two. Really weird. There may be some method to the madness but I'm not seeing it.
    09-18-17 10:49 AM
    Finally got a replacement and 3 days after the screen went black with a clicking sound every 5 second, try everything possible to reset it and nothing! call them again and will have to send this one to. Good thing i have a perfect dtek60 as a backup..
    09-26-17 08:02 PM
    Were there other issues with your phone besides this? Kinda baffled as to why you'd send it in over just this. I still think there's some inscrutable method to this madness though.
    09-27-17 07:25 AM
    basically the phone is dead, can't see anything
    09-27-17 08:16 AM
    Can't seem to discern any pattern to this behavior. Noticed both LEDs on after a full charge, and one LED slowly flashing (not pulsing like usual) when connected to charger. After unplugging though it was back to one LED pulsing. And just now, back to two. Really weird. There may be some method to the madness but I'm not seeing it.
    Yeah, your phone is broken. Get a new one.
    09-27-17 09:22 AM
36 12