Hi All,

I am new to Android - have been on the iPhone since 2007 - but love my new black edition KeyONE. I have a question that may seem very basic to those familiar with Android...

I use a Google Voice phone number attached to my work Google account to make/receive calls on a work number. I want to sign in to Google Voice on my KeyONE with my work Google account just for this purpose.

This worked fine on iPhone, but on Android, when I sign in to Google Voice with my work Google account, that account gets added EVERYWHERE on the phone. Even if I go into the account settings and turn OFF the sync for other apps/services on my work account, those apps (like Calendar, Contacts, and so on) still see my work account and give me messages about how since I've disabled sync, my data for that account won't be backed up...

Is there really no way to sign into a work Google account for Google Voice and NOT have that account show up everywhere on my KeyONE?

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by s7345565; 09-09-18 at 11:06 PM.
    03-14-18 12:34 PM
    Install the Google Voice app.
    03-14-18 01:00 PM
    Hi All,

I am new to Android - have been on the iPhone since 2007 - but love my new black edition KeyONE. I have a question that may seem very basic to those familiar with Android...

I use a Google Voice phone number attached to my work Google account to make/receive calls on a work number. I want to sign in to Google Voice on my KeyONE with my work Google account just for this purpose.

This worked fine on iPhone, but on Android, when I sign in to Google Voice with my work Google account, that account gets added EVERYWHERE on the phone. Even if I go into the account settings and turn OFF the sync for other apps/services on my work account, those apps (like Calendar, Contacts, and so on) still see my work account and give me messages about how since I've disabled sync, my data for that account won't be backed up...

Is there really no way to sign into a work Google account for Google Voice and NOT have that account show up everywhere on my KeyONE?

Thanks for your help!
    -Stephen
    I don’t think so. It seems the phone recognizes and logs into everything google at the OS level.
    anon(10429275) likes this.
    03-14-18 01:28 PM
    Install the Google Voice app.
    I already did - the issue I am describing happens when you log in to Google Voice on android using the app ✌
    03-14-18 09:23 PM
    I don’t think so. It seems the phone recognizes and logs into everything google at the OS level.
    Darn - was hoping I was overlooking something. Thanks for your reply
    03-14-18 09:24 PM
    I can't believe there aren't more complaints around this. iOS is much better at letting you add just an email account, or just photos, etc. Yet Android immediately wants to sick down every Google service. I mean, who uses 4 different accounts for, e.g., Play Books?
    03-24-18 01:18 AM
    I agree - seems like a weird system to me. Thanks all for your help.
    03-24-18 05:57 PM
    I can't believe there aren't more complaints around this. iOS is much better at letting you add just an email account, or just photos, etc. Yet Android immediately wants to sick down every Google service. I mean, who uses 4 different accounts for, e.g., Play Books?
    Apple also requires you to have an iCloud account.
    03-27-18 05:49 PM
    Yes, but Apple isn't the backbone for multiple companies. Google often is, so adding, e.g., a couple of corporate accounts for GMail shouldn't mean that that many extra "Goole Fit" data sets are suddenly synced to your device. It basically creates a whole extra "Google ID" on your phone every time you just want to add another GMail account.
    03-29-18 06:03 AM