I've just switched from a PRIV to the KEYone but I can't seem to change to a ringtone of my choice on the KEYone. No matter what file I choose, it still plays the default ringtone (which is not a good ringtone).

Does anyone know how to resolve this?
    10-27-17 10:07 PM
    I've just switched from a PRIV to the KEYone but I can't seem to change to a ringtone of my choice on the KEYone. No matter what file I choose, it still plays the default ringtone (which is not a good ringtone).

Does anyone know how to resolve this?
    The music file has to be in Internal Memory, in the ringtones, alarms or notifications folders. You have to select it using a File Manager, generally.
    10-27-17 10:48 PM
    The music file has to be in Internal Memory, in the ringtones, alarms or notifications folders. You have to select it using a File Manager, generally.
    Yes the file is there. I'm not sure what the issue is as I didn't have that problem with the PRIV.
    10-27-17 10:51 PM
    I had to put my custom ringtone in the ringtone folder on my internal storage, then choose it in settings->sounds, along with the phone app itself. Otherwise, like you, it kept reverting to the default tone.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-27-17 10:52 PM
    My ringtone is in the ringtone folder (originally in the notifications folder but I tried switching to see it would help). Mine didn't revert, maybe I shouldn't have titled the topic like this (but now I can't find a way to edit it...). The ringtone is listed as the file I chose. However when the phone actually rings, it uses the default tone.
    10-27-17 10:55 PM
    I think I got the title right this time

I just checked, and am in the same boat. First phone I didn't have the issue. I thought I had it licked, but alas. @LiamQ, any clue?

Edit - Sent a bugreport in. Here's how to send one too:

If you are experiencing false DTEK reports of poor security, please send a Bug Report to [email protected]. To send a bug report, you will need to enable Developer options (tap 7 times on Build Number in Settings -> About Phone). Then in Settings -> Developer options, you can tap “Take bug report” and share that with an email client. If the option is greyed out, toggle “Enable USB Debugging”, which should enable it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-27-17 11:11 PM
    I have spent the last 2 days trying to sort out exactly the same problem. The phone showed the ringtone (which is in the ringtone folder) I had chosen, but the phone played the default Ringtone. I tried 2 factory resets with no luck! I was going to settings, sounds, ringtone, and selecting the ringtone from my internal storage using file commander. In the end I tried going into settings in the phone dialer app and then going to sounds. Also, I used the storage card option instead of file commander, and hallelujah it worked!!!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-28-17 06:49 AM
    I have spent the last 2 days trying to sort out exactly the same problem. The phone showed the ringtone (which is in the ringtone folder) I had chosen, but the phone played the default Ringtone. I tried 2 factory resets with no luck! I was going to settings, sounds, ringtone, and selecting the ringtone from my internal storage using file commander. In the end I tried going into settings in the phone dialer app and then going to sounds. Also, I used the storage card option instead of file commander, and hallelujah it worked!!!
    Unfortunately I did try changing from the phone dialer app before posting so that did not work for me

Will submit a bug report too.
    10-28-17 06:52 AM

I just checked, and am in the same boat. First phone I didn't have the issue. I thought I had it licked, but alas. @LiamQ, any clue?

The take bug report is greyed out for me though.
    Attached Thumbnails Ringtone set to different tone, but plays default sound-30716.jpg  
    10-28-17 06:56 AM
    Thanks, that did work! So the issue is with using a file manager to set the tone. Great find

The take bug report is greyed out for me though.
    As in the post I quoted, you need to enable USB debugging if bugreport is grayed out.

Try setting your tone using media storage first.
    Attached Thumbnails Ringtone set to different tone, but plays default sound-screenshot_20171028-072638.jpg  
    10-28-17 07:28 AM
    Thanks, that did work! So the issue is with using a file manager to set the tone. Great find
    Ah I understand now and used the device storage instead of my default file manager and it works now. Thank you!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-28-17 08:53 AM

The case number I got was ALC-1182284 which is not the 10-digit incident number that I need to input in the bug report. I submitted the report at: https://www.blackberrymobile.com/support/contact-us/. Is it the wrong place?...
    10-29-17 10:43 PM
    The case number I got was ALC-1182284 which is not the 10-digit incident number that I need to input in the bug report. I submitted the report at: https://www.blackberrymobile.com/support/contact-us/. Is it the wrong place?...
    please send a Bug Report to [email protected]
    10-29-17 11:11 PM
    Thank you. I realise I am so bad at following instructions...
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-29-17 11:22 PM
    Thank you. I realise I am so bad at following instructions...
    10-29-17 11:31 PM
    I never see the custom ringtones I placed on my KeyOne. Regardless of where I place it (internal or Micro SD). none of them ever appear as an option to select in any app I try to use them for. I didn't have this issue on my first KeyOne, this is a replacement.
    10-31-17 08:46 PM