Hello Crackberries!

I have a new KeyOne, and in the course of setting it up, I attempted to put a Microsoft Office email address on, using google exchange, and stopped at the list of warning messages about how Microsoft was now going to control my phone.
    HOWEVER - I can't seem to remove the address from my phone. That address claims to be the default directory when I search for contacts, (and I just find that annoying, especially since the address doesn't work!) I have yet to discover what else it thinks it's in control of.

I found instructions to delete a Google account - but when I follow them for exchange, "delete" is not an available option.

Any help or guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and kindest regards.

PS: Comments on Microsoft Office's warning message also welcomed!
    11-10-17 11:42 AM
    Gates is interested in what your typing about him is why
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    11-10-17 11:56 AM
    LOL
    ...funny I thought about typing: m*i*c*r*o*s*o*f*t to see if I could get around him.

I think I have it removed now, i'm embarrassed I can't say exactly HOW i did it.

for interest - i'll attach screen shots of the message from Bill:
    Attached Thumbnails Remove an Exchange email account from my KEYone?-screenshot_20171109-100643.jpg   Remove an Exchange email account from my KEYone?-screenshot_20171109-100649.jpg  
    11-10-17 12:21 PM
    Hello Crackberries!

I have a new KeyOne, and in the course of setting it up, I attempted to put a Microsoft Office email address on, using google exchange, and stopped at the list of warning messages about how Microsoft was now going to control my phone.
    HOWEVER - I can't seem to remove the address from my phone. That address claims to be the default directory when I search for contacts, (and I just find that annoying, especially since the address doesn't work!) I have yet to discover what else it thinks it's in control of.

I found instructions to delete a Google account - but when I follow them for exchange, "delete" is not an available option.

Any help or guidance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and kindest regards.

PS: Comments on Microsoft Office's warning message also welcomed!
    I had the same messages--this is coming from your IT department through their server. Have you talked to them?
    11-10-17 12:32 PM
    Yes, Thank you Emanderton, I forwarded the screen shot to my employer, who tells me he'll look into it.
    I'm just a small contractor to him, so I doubt there is too much concern.
    I do find the strong arm of Microsoft interesting though!
    11-10-17 02:28 PM
    Yes, Thank you Emanderton, I forwarded the screen shot to my employer, who tells me he'll look into it.
    I'm just a small contractor to him, so I doubt there is too much concern.
    I do find the strong arm of Microsoft interesting though!
    It's not really Microsoft taking control but rather your employer.
    11-10-17 02:32 PM
    Ahhh I see - Their microsoft account is configured in that way? Thank you Again.
    He also told me they no longer have a tech person on-staff, so he's planning to put this question "on the list" of tech questions they have for the next time they consult with a tech person. (fortunately I only get a dozen emails a year)
    11-10-17 02:53 PM
    That's just typical Exchange capabilities. It's not Microsoft doing this. It's the administrative capabilities that Exchange gives to whoever is controlling the Exchange email server for whatever company is using it. It's basically telling you everything that can be done through Exchange. It doesn't mean that everyone one of those capabilities will be used in every case.

My work used an on-site Exchange server for years, but switched it over to office365 just over a year ago. I also use outlook.com for my own email. If you dig around the settings for outlook.com, you can find the setting to wipe the phone remotely just like an employer could through their back-end access.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-10-17 04:21 PM