As the native BB Calendar can t send meeting invitations if not using the gmail address - did anyone find a Calendar App that can?!

Via ACalendar it s possible to send the event as a MS Outlook compatible .ics file, but not as an invitation. The person who recieves the file, can just save the event, but not answer as participate yes/no/tentative.

Any other solutions are welcome...
    02-14-18 03:50 PM
    Personally I use Business Calendar 2
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ppgenix.bizcal

Sends invites like you described.
    02-15-18 12:58 PM
    thank you, I tried that App too. But my account problem is just the same. My local calendar is not connected to any gmail adress, the App doesn´t show the invitation/event button at all, if I use the local calendar account. Just sending via gmail/google acoount could be the solution - bug or feature...
    02-16-18 05:28 PM
    I use the Outlook App. Give it a shot. I really like it for calendaring and e-mails.
    02-16-18 06:17 PM
    thank you for the OUTLOOK tip. I installed it immediately, with the same result. When trying to create an entry or invitation in the calendar:
    "The calendar for this account is write-protected". The acoount I tried to use is my most used mail account I also use for my mails most of the time (imap)...what ´s wrong...
    02-21-18 04:07 PM
    thank you for the OUTLOOK tip. I installed it immediately, with the same result. When trying to create an entry or invitation in the calendar:
    "The calendar for this account is write-protected". The acoount I tried to use is my most used mail account I also use for my mails most of the time (imap)...what ´s wrong...
    That tells me that, no matter what app you use, your e-mail account is "write protected". This means that you can download and read e-mails, but you cannot send out new ones. Log into your e-mail account in a web browser, and check your security settings. If you can't find anything there regarding write protection, then contact the support line/system for your e-mail provider (ie Google, Yahoo, etc).
    02-22-18 10:33 AM
    ok, a new idea :-)
    I can send emails (and receive) from the BB Hub via this mailaccount, so in common the account is not write-protected. maybe the problem is connected to the calendar account I try to use?
    I try to explain, please excuse my bad words.. I am an English & IT-Dummy.. :
    In the "old" BB OS 10 world you could choose, via what mailadress you wanted to send invitations from your local calendar. The Android BB world builds by default just a gmail-Google-not-Local Calendar account, when you install everything in the beginning. I "built" my own local cal by using the app "Offline Calendar"...after a lot of research how to avoid that google stuff.
    So the problem starts maybe here - "offline Calendar" means : no way to send out anything then?! omg..
    Any idea how to connect my most used mail adress to any Calendar app avoiding Cloud or Google spy?
    02-28-18 03:58 PM
    I highlighted exactly what is wrong in the quote of your post above.

IMAP email accounts don't have calendar syncing, especially invite and response capabilities, at all.

It won't matter what email client you use, it ain't gonna work.

If you don't want Gmail (and I don't blame you), then you need an Exchange ActiveSync based email account.

Outlook.com would work. And you can link you IMAP account to it. That's what I do. Then, just add the Outlook account to the Hub, and sync emails, contacts and calendar. Invite responses work too.
    02-28-18 04:32 PM
    hey, a solution on the horizon... :-)
    the point I don t get is.. why was everthing working fine just 2 months ago, when I used BB 10 OS?!
    I used the same account (imap), same mail server, same mail adress, just the operating system of my mobile changed.. ..
    03-01-18 09:06 AM
    hey, a solution on the horizon... :-)
    the point I don t get is.. why was everthing working fine just 2 months ago, when I used BB 10 OS?!
    I used the same account (imap), same mail server, same mail adress, just the operating system of my mobile changed.. ..
    Don't know.

Without knowing your specific email setup details on BB10, it would be hard to say how it worked for you before.

I know my IMAP account did not have calendar syncing capabilities on my Z10, and there was no way to link a calendar on the phone (local or otherwise) to the email account.

I also had my work Exchange account on the Z10 and that had calendar syncing, along with contacts.

That's why I created the outlook.com account and linked the IMAP account to it. Worked great on the Z10, and carried that over to the S8 through the BlackBerry Hub+ suite.
    03-01-18 09:32 AM
    This is very frustrating for me as well. A local calendar on pre-android BlackBerry phones were able to send and receive calendar invites.

Not being able to do this on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ is a major setback.
    03-01-18 12:45 PM