Not sure if this is an Android issue or Blackberry but it is INFURIATING.

1. Start up a call
    2. Look at phone
    3. Screen goes black and I can't press speakerphone or mute
    4. Have to lay the phone down flat to get the screen to appear again

Another scenario:
    1. On a call
    2. Need to press a number mid call such as on telephone support or dialing an extension
    3. Nothing works to bring the screen back when the phone is upright, have to lay flat to get screen to pop back up and press the buttons

Same thing when:
    1. You want to end a call
    2. Phone when upright turns black/sleeps and can't end the call unless placing the phone flat

Why is this happening? How do I disable it?
    07-10-17 03:26 AM
    Your proximity sensor is not working properly. Clean the screen throughly, if you recently installed a screen protector, remove it. Could even be that you are holding phone with finger over or in close proximity to sensor.

I'm not familiar with the KeyOne, so can't tell you exactly where the sensor is, other than near top of phone in general area of speaker.
    It's a cell phone thing, all brands, all OS's.
    If BlackBerry Virtual Expert, (play store) works with KeyOne, download and run it.
    07-10-17 08:15 AM
    try to use the finger scanner; I do that and works fine.

try and let us know the outcome.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-10-17 08:43 AM
    I had the same issue today. My phone was laying flat when I made a call and the screen went black pretty quickly. I couldn't get the screen to come back until the person hung up. How do I fix this? I don't want it going to sleep while on a call in case I need to put them on speaker or hang up.
    Last edited by 14444; 07-12-17 at 08:25 PM.
    07-12-17 08:12 PM
    What about double tapping the screen!?
    07-16-17 02:19 AM
    I want to disable this sensor somehow. This shouldn't be happening. I shouldn't have to press anything to keep my screen on when I'm holding it in my hand and looking at the keypad to dial a number.

Not using any cases and cleaned all sensors and parts of the phone. Not sure where the proximity sensor is, but phone just automatically goes to black unless it's laying down. Can't type a number or hang up the call or mute/unmute.

Please help!!!
    07-21-17 04:39 PM
    Try to install sensor box to check your proximity sensor. Normally the screen will go off while calling once you put your phone to your ear to prevent accidentall touch to the screen. It uses proximity sensor right on the top of the screen. If you find it (your proximity) normal, then it might be software issue.
    07-22-17 05:27 AM
    Has anyone figured out a solution here, as my Keyone is muting my phone calls randomly as well?
    11-21-17 11:18 PM
    Has anyone figured out a solution here, as my Keyone is muting my phone calls randomly as well?
    Make sure your not hitting the convince key - that will trigger the mute option. Used to happen to me all the time until I got a rubber/plastic case which made the convince key less susceptible to accidently being hit.

Cheers,
    Greg
    FF22 likes this.
    11-27-17 01:47 PM
    I am having the same issue screen goes black instantly when I make a call. I checked my sensor it is working correctly. I just want my phone to stay on when I am on the phone. Anyone have a solution. I dug around on the Internet but no solutions there.
    11-29-17 10:46 AM
    I am having the same issue screen goes black instantly when I make a call. I checked my sensor it is working correctly. I just want my phone to stay on when I am on the phone. Anyone have a solution. I dug around on the Internet but no solutions there.
    You want the screen to stay on all the time when on a call?
    11-29-17 11:41 AM
    Yes I want to be able to have the screen on through the entire call ,I can hit the power button if I want the screen off.
    12-01-17 01:26 AM