Until the OTA update this morning, I could start the FTP server that is part of File Manager + https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...or.filemanager and manage files from the file manager on my Linux PC using ftp protocol. "Manage" means I could navigate device and SD card storage, create/delete on the phone, copy/paste from phone to PC or vice-versa.

Now, I can navigate and copy files from the phone to PC but can't change anything on the phone. I've checked all the permissions.

Also, I've tried about 3 other Android file managers that have an ftp server but the behavior is the same. Bummer.
    12-23-17 06:33 PM
    When I updated the security patch today, I had to delete my clock widget and reestablish. Have you deleted the ftp server from the phone and add it back in?
    12-23-17 11:21 PM
    Yes, yes I did! As well, the two or three other apps with the same functionality that I installed for the first time fail with the "unable to write to" error.
    12-24-17 06:29 AM
    One new (to me) app, Ftp server, can write to device folders I have tried (Notifications, Alarms, Ringtones) and the SD card but I have to choose the phone or the card in the settings before starting the server. With File Manager +, the server allowed me to browse and write across both each time I fired it up. I'll keep hammering at it. :P
    12-24-17 07:29 AM
    Further testing shows I *can* write to the phone storage with File Manager+ but not to the SD card, which worked, before. App support is engaged via email.
    12-24-17 09:36 AM
    It seems to have been an app permission problem. I've noticed on my Keyone, before, that installing apps and using them does not always present me with the prompt for all or any of the permissions and I have to suss it out afterward. Following the instructions from app support, copied below, I saw an additional permissions pop-up that, when granted, seems to have gotten writing to SD card working.

HI,
    When I tried that, the phone popped up an "Allow permissions" to the SD card for the app. When I ok'ed that, writing to the card appears to be working, again. I can't imagine how that slipped through the cracks. Thanks very much for helping me.
    Rolf

On 12/24/2017 07:42 AM, team support wrote:
    > Could you try to copy files from main storage to SD card in the app not in the ftp client?
    >
    > If it does not work well, you need to re-configure sd card.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-24-17 10:00 AM