I get this everytime I try to tether on a mintsim.
    Mintsim has no idea why this happens.
    I am able to tether using a t-mobile Sim and a Ting Sim but not the mintsim.
    In other phones I can tether no problem with the mintsim.
    12-10-17 09:16 PM
    Hi I have this issue on ting on a Keyone. Could you please share your APN settings with me?

I am using the settings recommended by Ting.
    01-30-18 09:00 AM
    Looks like t-mobile only allow ting to use 3g for hotspot. Ting helped me change the cell preference to 4g/3g/2g. Now works. Unfortunately I have to go into settings to toggle this and the hotspot to get it working. My other thing I can do is just get a t mobile sim instead.
    Dave Liao likes this.
    01-30-18 11:46 AM
    Looks like t-mobile only allow ting to use 3g for hotspot. Ting helped me change the cell preference to 4g/3g/2g. Now works. Unfortunately I have to go into settings to toggle this and the hotspot to get it working. My other thing I can do is just get a t mobile sim instead.
    I agree with this.

I have a BlackBerry KEYone with the MintSIM service and also saw the OEM_DCFAILCAUSE_5 error message when I tried using my phone as a mobile hotspot.

To fix this, I went to the Settings app > More (under Wireless & networks) > Cellular networks > Preferred network type

...then choose "4G&3G&2G".

After that I was able to tether my laptop to my phone.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-02-18 02:38 PM
    I agree with this.

I have a BlackBerry KEYone with the MintSIM service and also saw the OEM_DCFAILCAUSE_5 error message when I tried using my phone as a mobile hotspot.

To fix this, I went to the Settings app > More (under Wireless & networks) > Cellular networks > Preferred network type

...then choose "4G&3G&2G".

After that I was able to tether my laptop to my phone.
    On a side note, how is MintSIM for you? I've been thinking about getting a year of their service for the special deal they have for new sign-ups. How is their data speeds/coverage? Their trial 100MB wasn't enough for me to really try it out, haha.
    04-03-18 03:13 PM