Hello,

when i turned my keyone this morning on, it shows some unusual behaviour. First things i noticed was that volume was turned up and Wifi and GPS were disabled. Then i noticed that the round and square buttons are not working anymore. They react when pushed, because there is a vibration as feedback, but don´t have a function anymore. Also the convenience key is not working. Next thing is, that notifications are not shown anymore. When i slide down from top, there is only a small bar with some settings and not the full screen as it usually was. And it doesn´t show any notifications, neither on the lock screen.
    I started DTEK, which said that data encryption and screen lock are disabled, but in settings they were enabled. After dis- and enabling again it is now shown correctly in DTEK.
    Next thing i noticed was, when i pressed the power button, there is a new option "Take bug report 7.1.1 (NMF26F)". When selecting it the phone vibrates short and the notification led is blinking for a while, but nothing more happens.
    I tried restarting the phone, and starting it in safe mode, did not help.

Phone model is BBB100-2, Android is 7.1.1, security patch level 5. February 2018, build number is AAV119.

Anything i can do or do i have to do a factory reset, which i would like to avoid.

Sorry if my english is not the best, i hope you could understand my problem.

Greetings
    Kaspar
    03-07-18 01:03 AM
    Hi. The first thing you can try is the 32+ reboot. Press and hold the power button for minimum 32 sec.
    03-07-18 06:28 AM
    Hello,

tried it, didn´t help.
    03-07-18 08:24 AM
    Hello,

tried it, didn´t help.
    I have a DTEK60 phone and have exactly the same problem - it just happened yesterday out of the blue
    (The only thing that works is my back button) but all other symptoms are exactly the same
    03-08-18 10:50 PM
    Hi Kasper,
    I'd like to stay connected to this thread.
    My phone model is also a BBB100-2, Android is 7.1.1, security patch level 5. February 2018.
    I activated and used this phone in February 2018 and have used it in Canada and the US without any problems until the evening of March 9th. At this time, I began to experience the exact details that you listed.
    Hopefully, together we can find a resolution!
    03-11-18 08:33 PM
    Same here as of today out of the blue - identical symptoms on K1 working fine until then - can someone please help?
    03-14-18 12:25 AM
    I tried the "32 second" restart and it doesn't fix the problems. Driving me insane! Is this some virus?
    03-14-18 12:26 AM
    Identical for me too, also, I cannot download Apps from the Google store any longer, they stall in download pending mode - this is a disaster
    03-14-18 02:41 PM
    Update: a hard reset did the trick - all back to working! I had everything backed up on googledrive so it wasn't that back
    03-16-18 03:18 PM
    Update: a hard reset did the trick - all back to working! I had everything backed up on googledrive so it wasn't that back
    When you say "HARD RESET" what did you do? a 32+ reboot or did you reload the OS?
    03-16-18 07:01 PM
    Reloaded the OS: Settings, Backup & Reset, Factory Data Reset
    Make sure you have everything backed up before you embark in this.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-16-18 08:05 PM
    I just got this issue a week ago, so by the looks of this post. The only way to fix this problem is to factory reset.
    06-20-18 07:10 AM
    I've just woken up to exactly the same problem.....has anyone come up with any other resolutions before I try and figure out how to do a factory reset?
    08-23-18 05:31 AM
    Getting the exact same problem! Feeling very exasperated as having come back to blackberry because of the keyboard and security benefits, they seem really insignificant when having to daily deal with new issues of locking up, halting mid-typing, screen locking mid-scrolling/reading and now this yesterday afternoon!!
    I'm using K1 Black 64GB too! Had the 32GB silver for two months and had same lock up problems so put it down to size/ram, but looks like it's a fundamental problem with the OS in general - which when 'patches' for fixes, causes other problems!
    Only had this new device for 3 weeks!!! So no having a great experience all round.
    The design and premise of the device is great but I'm afraid that it's not enough because of the continuous and daily reliability issues that I'm encountering.
    BlackBerry please FIX THESE RELIABILITY ISSUES SOON or I am going back to have to go back to using an alternative Brand.
    08-24-18 12:55 AM
    I have been having these exact issues, in escalating form, since August. Thank you for the insight. I signed up for this forum just so I could thank you all. I will do a hard reset once I back everything up tonight.
    10-25-18 03:28 PM
    Same issue started 2 nights ago. This thread has been here a while and there's still no fix?!?!
    01-23-19 09:28 PM
    Same issue started 2 nights ago. This thread has been here a while and there's still no fix?!?!
    One contributor advised that by doing a full factory reset seemed to have fix the issue
    01-25-19 12:14 AM