Hi.

I bought KeyOne from UK carphone werehouse in UK in May. It was holding strong until today. The screen came off. I'm not even mad. Was waiting for it to happen.
    I'm going back to the store tomorrow to check with them if they can replace it or I need to call Blackberry. Is there a way to tell if the models they have won't have this problem?
    08-16-17 12:03 PM
    Model means nothing, nor the boxing date. Is a way to find the production date in the software, but thats after opening the box and setting it up... which you'd only do after you bought it. *#2886#

Supposedly they fix it early in July... so one would think that most stock now is "good".
    08-16-17 01:16 PM
    So how do I check and determine the new one will be fine?
    08-16-17 01:30 PM
    So how do I check and determine the new one will be fine?
    We HOPE that phones from kind of mid-July are the fixed version. Once you have it you can follow this:

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1 - Dial *#2886#
    2 - Hit "MANU"
    3 - Then "Traceability" on top
    4 - Hit "Pass"
    5 - On the bottom should be your build date
    6 - Hit "Pass" again
    7 - Scroll to bottom and hit "exit"

You should get a date code like in:

08-16-17 06:51 PM
    ......I don't think Blackberry Mobile themselves know which batch is affected.....it's pure luck
    08-17-17 08:12 PM
    wow, my replacement for teh screen crap is 1st August, sweet!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    08-18-17 03:20 PM
    wow, my replacement for teh screen crap is 1st August, sweet!
    TCL themselves started talking about "new adhesive measures" (i.e. glue) in mid July, so anything built August or later should have the glue in place no matter what.
    08-18-17 03:25 PM
    Would be useful if all 'Lifters' were to post their codes here in this thread to see if there's a pattern at least......
    08-19-17 12:17 AM
    TCL themselves started talking about "new adhesive measures" (i.e. glue) in mid July, so anything built August or later should have the glue in place no matter what.
    So my 14th July keyone might be vunerable?
    08-19-17 12:48 AM
    Would be useful if all 'Lifters' were to post their codes here in this thread to see if there's a pattern at least......
    The last 3 or so pages in this thread start to identify production dates and screen off relative to the date:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12993370
    08-19-17 04:21 AM
    I was more thinking specific codes that are obtained from the traceability check as given above. That way at least blackberry nerds can correlate only the codes submitted and maybe see a batch or manufacturing pattern. That way it removes the 'circumstantial' data such as the person had dropped it 10 times before the screen lift for example. Lets assume they are already doing it for the returned units, but I would think a crackberry list would be helpful and immediate in terms of data.
    08-19-17 07:06 AM
    I'm not sure why, but dialing *#2886# isn't working on my phone. Any clue why?
    08-19-17 08:47 AM
    There is no code, if your looking for one. There is nothing to show that the device is fixed. August builds are said to be good. there is a new video of #Jerryrigeverything . Hope it helps.
    08-21-17 03:00 AM
    Bought mine from Carphonewarehouse in May, has a production date of 29 April. So far screen is intact but I'm getting concerned how long it will last, what if it pops in a year's time. I'm thinking Blackberry should offer an exchange on all early models.
    08-21-17 03:36 AM
    Bought mine from Carphonewarehouse in May, has a production date of 29 April. So far screen is intact but I'm getting concerned how long it will last, what if it pops in a year's time. I'm thinking Blackberry should offer an exchange on all early models.
    I am sorry to say No. I have given my phone to Axiom. The details are posted in the megathread today. Axiom center called me sometime back and said they will only repair. They said they have received a new display which they will glue. My phone screen was loose at right lower corner only. Why would they replace the screen?? When blackberry has emailed me that I would get a replacement why would they give me a new screen? I am not sure if I will still be a BB fan.
    08-21-17 05:04 AM
    I am sorry to say No. I have given my phone to Axiom. The details are posted in the megathread today. Axiom center called me sometime back and said they will only repair. They said they have received a new display which they will glue. My phone screen was loose at right lower corner only. Why would they replace the screen?? When blackberry has emailed me that I would get a replacement why would they give me a new screen? I am not sure if I will still be a BB fan.
    Sounds more like a problem with your carrier. BlackBerry Mobile is sending out brand new phones as replacements.
    08-21-17 12:45 PM
    Sounds more like a problem with your carrier. BlackBerry Mobile is sending out brand new phones as replacements.
    Blackberry is not sending out brand new phones. They are refurbished ones. You can find in the megathread that those who have got the phones replaced have build date in the month of MAY. Which means those are the devices that have screen lifting problems. Also they either get their device in a white box or give them away in the same box that customers have submitted. Some are getting replacement new box for those who have purchased via amazon.

So please dont spread the word that New devices are given. They are providing refurbished devices. Please go through Keyone Megathread.
    08-25-17 11:51 PM
    Is there a way to tell if the models they have won't have this problem?
    Yes, they are all black, cost 50 quid more and are available very soon.

Personally, wouldn't trust an original silver version as far as Kevin could throw it.
    09-02-17 03:24 PM
    Yes, they are all black, cost 50 quid more and are available very soon.

Personally, wouldn't trust an original silver version as far as Kevin could throw it.
    Ummm, as with any new phone, perhaps it would be best to wait out a month or two after the black KEYone has been released to see if there are any obvious issues ....
    09-02-17 03:56 PM
    Ummm, as with any new phone, perhaps it would be best to wait out a month or two after the black KEYone has been released to see if there are any obvious issues ....
    Absolutely, I would never advocate being an early adopter.
    But this isn't really a new phones is it?
    And as for the OP's question, I'd think the last fault with the black version will be screen detachment!
    09-02-17 04:03 PM
    Update on mine. They sent me back my phone. Same phone just replaced the screen completely. Hope their glue will hold. Keep away from buying KeyOne's in UK :/
    09-07-17 06:54 PM