This is a repeated problem I'm having with my KeyOne: again and again when I temporarily lose network coverage, such as when a train goes through a tunnel, and then recover it (such as when the train comes out again), the data signal does not come back on.

That is: I have a perfectly good network connection and signal strength, but it will not connect me to the data network - the "4G, 3G, H, E" or whatever signal is greyed out and so no data will be transmitted.

Unlike a "proper" BlackBerry phone, there does seem to be an easy way to reset the network connection (very easy to turn network connection as a whole off and on again in BB OS10!) - and the only way I have so far found to cure this problem is to reboot the entire phone.

Has anybody else encountered this, and does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going wrong and how I can deal with it?

Many thanks in anticipation!
    11-17-17 02:37 AM
    This is a repeated problem I'm having with my KeyOne: again and again when I temporarily lose network coverage, such as when a train goes through a tunnel, and then recover it (such as when the train comes out again), the data signal does not come back on.

That is: I have a perfectly good network connection and signal strength, but it will not connect me to the data network - the "4G, 3G, H, E" or whatever signal is greyed out and so no data will be transmitted.

Unlike a "proper" BlackBerry phone, there does seem to be an easy way to reset the network connection (very easy to turn network connection as a whole off and on again in BB OS10!) - and the only way I have so far found to cure this problem is to reboot the entire phone.

Has anybody else encountered this, and does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going wrong and how I can deal with it?

Many thanks in anticipation!
    I will ask what carrier? Not that it should make a difference but Silver or Black and if Black which model? And have you tried changing your connection protocol to something else - maybe that would be more robust in these tunnel situations or have you experimented?
    11-17-17 04:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm on EE, and my phone is a Silver one - the Black didn't exist when I bought mine! Truthfully I'm not sure how to change my connection protocol...
    11-18-17 12:48 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm on EE, and my phone is a Silver one - the Black didn't exist when I bought mine! Truthfully I'm not sure how to change my connection protocol...
    I'm not really well versed on connection protocol and it may vary by carrier. Since I'm with Verizon (cdma) in the US, options might definitely be different. On mine I can tweak - Main Settings, (top options wifi, etc) MORE, Cellular Networks, Preferred network type and there I can change. Again, now sure on gsm phones.
    11-18-17 09:24 AM
    Thanks, FF22 - I'll have a play with those settings and see what happens; and if no joy, I'll have a chat with my network.

Appreciate your thoughts!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-19-17 02:25 AM
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but this is still happening, and indeed it's getting worse, to the extent I'm having to restart my phone at least daily now, often more frequently, to get my data signal back. This is a royal pain in the proverbial.

The phone has had a full factory reset, and of course being Android you can't manually fully disconnect from the network entirely and then reconnect, without rebooting the phone altogether - unlike with a proper OS!!!

Should I raise this with BB as a warranty matter, or can anybody think of anything I could do to address the problem myself?

Once again, sincere thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    03-12-18 12:52 PM
    Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but this is still happening, and indeed it's getting worse, to the extent I'm having to restart my phone at least daily now, often more frequently, to get my data signal back. This is a royal pain in the proverbial.

The phone has had a full factory reset, and of course being Android you can't manually fully disconnect from the network entirely and then reconnect, without rebooting the phone altogether - unlike with a proper OS!!!

Should I raise this with BB as a warranty matter, or can anybody think of anything I could do to address the problem myself?

Once again, sincere thanks for any help anyone can offer.
    Sometimes with my different Android phones I use Airplane Mode to reset the connection. This is good enough mostly.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-12-18 12:57 PM
    Thanks, but that doesn't seem to be sufficient for me.

EDIT: It's now happening several times a day, and placing the phone for a while into 'aeroplane mode' does not help. Evidently it's a fault, so I'll take it up with BB's warranty people. Interesting that I'm not finding evidence on here of anybody else reporting the problem.
    Last edited by 37201xoIM; 03-13-18 at 03:27 AM.
    03-12-18 01:46 PM
    I have started to experience this problem in the past couple of months. (Rogers in Canada)

I got a new SIM card but it didn't help.

Like OP said, only a reboot gets it working again.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-18 04:30 PM
    I've taken this up now with BB and will let you know what progress I make...
    03-17-18 03:51 AM
    I just noticed the problem happening again after the phone was trying to come out of Meeting Mode in BlackBerry calendar. When I think about this, it seems to correlate with my testing out Meeting Mode over the past few weeks.

I've turned off Meeting Mode for now to see if it fixes for problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-18 04:22 PM
    That's interesting. I've not used Meeting Mode myself. I've also not yet been able to make much progress yet because, on the face of it reasonably, BlackBerry have asked me to submit a bug report, but the way bug reporting is carried out in Android makes that task extremely difficult when the bug is one that causes you not to have a network connection.

I am managing to hate Android just a little bit more every day............
    03-22-18 02:51 PM
    I've been having a similar problem. I find it's mainly after train journeys, where the signal has dropped a few times as you'd expect; then for the rest of the day I'll maintain a full signal, but the 4g keeps dropping in and out.

I've found airplane mode didn't work. Connecting and disconnecting the wifi a couple of times gets the 4g back, but then it will drop out again after a few minutes.

I'm also on EE, although I've been with my wife when it happens (also on EE) and her signal's been fine, so it's not the network itself, but may be a BB/EE compatibility issue.

Did you get anywhere with the bug report?
    04-05-18 09:52 AM
    That sounds very similar to my issue. I finally managed after a lot of hassle to submit a bug report, and in short they're still working on it. They've advised me to try restarting the phone in Safe Mode when this next happens, but I've so far not been able to invoke safe mode at any time.

Must admit I find this phone exceptionally irritating and am thinking of going back, at least for some non-work usage, to my BB Classic, and just stomaching the small number of apps that don't work as well (I assume Snap is still going?).

I would however strongly recommend you do contact (by phone) BB's tech service people, as they are surprisingly easy to reach and do try to help - also because it would make them aware my problem is not unique, so we're both likely to benefit!

Good luck.......
    04-05-18 11:25 AM
    Have you tried getting a replacement Sim card?
    04-05-18 12:21 PM
    No, I haven't - and had not thought of that. That's a potentially interesting idea and could well be worth a try. Thanks!
    04-05-18 12:28 PM
    No, I haven't - and had not thought of that. That's a potentially interesting idea and could well be worth a try. Thanks!
    I remember I had this issue with an old HTC M8 phone I bought. It would drop signal and say "No SIM Card". Rebooting would work for a little while, then it would lose it again. It was a bad SIM reader, and needed to be replaced.
    04-05-18 01:49 PM
    A new SIM card did NOT resolve my problem.

And I still have the same problem despite turning off Meeting Mode and WiFi.

I'm seriously considering trying a BlackBerry Motion instead.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-18 08:41 PM
    A new SIM card did NOT resolve my problem.

And I still have the same problem despite turning off Meeting Mode and WiFi.

I'm seriously considering trying a BlackBerry Motion instead.

Posted via CB10
    BBMotion is pretty much a K1 without a keyboard.
    04-06-18 01:17 AM