Hi,

I have transferred my videos files from my old Q10 to the new Keyone on the Keyone's SD additional media card successfully. The movies are mp4. Four films are playable using any of two or three "players" downloaded from Google Play App Store. The other dozen or so are not. In each case, an error message states that the file cannot be accessed. They are sitting in the SD media card. I do not know how to connect the files to the player. Is there some sort of indexing or file transfer process which needed doing? All the players I have tried are advertised as playing mp4 on Android. Thank you for your help. cheers, William
    10-09-17 03:57 AM
    Possible the files are corrupted (can you access them on another device), but more likely they were DRM protected. Where did the files come from?

I know I had a few movies that I had bought from BlackBerry World (when it had movies). Move on from BB10, you move on from being able to access those files.
    10-09-17 12:45 PM
    Thank you, DuntDuntDunt for your reply. The films are copied as mp4 files from my own DVD film library, as they are not copyright protected, being old films. The mp4 files play on my Mac computers, they play on my Q10, and I do not see how they could be corrupt, as when I say they play on the Q10, it is the same media card I am switching between the Keyone and the Q10 to test them. Somehow the Keyone "player" does not know where they are, as the error message states "files cannot be accessed." Other items on the media card, such as photos and Q10 documents, are being accessed. My only idea is to transfer everything via WeTransfer onto the Keyone, open them up, and hope that the phone knows what to do with the files. I tried, incidentally, to transfer all these films plus music from my iTunes account to the Keyone, by downloading the Android iTunes app. I found that it only is an app to sell you new films and music, and there is no link to your old Apple iTunes account of long-standing., as far as I can see. Great.
    cheers, billy8
    10-09-17 05:45 PM
    Hi,

I have transferred my videos files from my old Q10 to the new Keyone on the Keyone's SD additional media card successfully. The movies are mp4. Four films are playable using any of two or three "players" downloaded from Google Play App Store. The other dozen or so are not. In each case, an error message states that the file cannot be accessed. They are sitting in the SD media card. I do not know how to connect the files to the player. Is there some sort of indexing or file transfer process which needed doing? All the players I have tried are advertised as playing mp4 on Android. Thank you for your help. cheers, William
    Have you tried VLC? It usually plays pretty much any file format.
    10-09-17 06:43 PM
    Hello ray 689, Many thanks for your suggestion. I wiped my media card with the movies out and then did another transfer of the films from my Mac desktop via a USB media card reader, put the card into the Keyone, and then I downloaded VLC, and all the films came up in my Keyone! Not sure if it was the media card revamp (the old files played fine on my Q10) or the VLC, but more likely the VLC.... I appreciate your kind replay and help!!

My next challenge in moving off the Mac-friendly Q10 to the Keyone is the transfer of music. I guess I will engage Google Play and move the iTunes files to it via my Mac desktop. I have just printed off instructions how to do so. What I find perplexing is the fact that the Android iTunes app does not sync or have any relationship whatsoever with your existing Apple Mac iTunes account, and is just a pay-for-play download service which ignores existing iTunes account-holders.

Sincerely,
    billy8
    10-10-17 07:41 PM
    Hello ray 689, Many thanks for your suggestion. I wiped my media card with the movies out and then did another transfer of the films from my Mac desktop via a USB media card reader, put the card into the Keyone, and then I downloaded VLC, and all the films came up in my Keyone! Not sure if it was the media card revamp (the old files played fine on my Q10) or the VLC, but more likely the VLC.... I appreciate your kind replay and help!!

My next challenge in moving off the Mac-friendly Q10 to the Keyone is the transfer of music. I guess I will engage Google Play and move the iTunes files to it via my Mac desktop. I have just printed off instructions how to do so. What I find perplexing is the fact that the Android iTunes app does not sync or have any relationship whatsoever with your existing Apple Mac iTunes account, and is just a pay-for-play download service which ignores existing iTunes account-holders.

Sincerely,
    billy8
    Have you thought of maybe transferring the music over as you would onto a USB? Plug the KEYone into device (swipe down from the top to choose file transfer), find it in file explorer, create a file on your SD of where you want the music then find where all your music is saved on computer and drag and drop the files onto your device SD card?
    Last edited by ray689; 10-12-17 at 10:26 AM.
    10-11-17 09:34 AM
    Thanks again for your kind assistance and suggestions. I had exported my iTunes music off my Mac via Google Play, and downloaded them into my Keyone successfully before I had read your reply this morning my time. However, I had not noticed the file transfer option on the Keyone so I will learn more about this and hopefully use it to make such things easier in future. My last transfer challenge is my iCal calendar, which I shall attempt today. cheers, billy8
    10-11-17 09:52 PM
    Thanks again for your kind assistance and suggestions. I had exported my iTunes music off my Mac via Google Play, and downloaded them into my Keyone successfully before I had read your reply this morning my time. However, I had not noticed the file transfer option on the Keyone so I will learn more about this and hopefully use it to make such things easier in future. My last transfer challenge is my iCal calendar, which I shall attempt today. cheers, billy8
    Well glad you got the music tackled. As for ical, that one I don't know much about so may have to play around with it. A quick google search comes up with a few ways to do it so I would start there.
    10-12-17 10:27 AM