Hi all, my keyone is becoming sluggish, extremely slow. Takes me 4 seconds to open wechat sometimes... same for 9gag APP. I have erased lots of apps and moved big files to SD card but it's still a pain. Am I the only one experiencing this ?
    09-20-17 09:12 PM
    The phone tells me he's OK though and still have free ram :@
    Attached Thumbnails Keyone is slow and sluggy-146578.jpg  
    09-20-17 09:13 PM
    I was gonna get the black keyone , but then looked at the lackluster specs...and my horrible experience with the silver keyone. so I made my choice and bought the one plus 5 with similar amount of money .

couldn't be happier since
    09-20-17 09:44 PM
    Hi all, my keyone is becoming sluggish, extremely slow. Takes me 4 seconds to open wechat sometimes... same for 9gag APP. I have erased lots of apps and moved big files to SD card but it's still a pain. Am I the only one experiencing this ?
    Clear your cached data and then reboot.

Settings, storage, internal, cached data.
    09-20-17 09:53 PM
    Also you probably need to clean up media/info within the Wechat app itself. Go into : Me/General/Manage Storage and clean it up a bit.
    09-20-17 10:12 PM
    thanks guys. will do now
    09-20-17 10:32 PM
    did all of the suggestions above and it is still sluggish. it comes by period. everything works fine for like 20 mins of usage and then.... I becomes like a PPT presentation
    09-21-17 05:12 AM
    did all of the suggestions above and it is still sluggish. it comes by period. everything works fine for like 20 mins of usage and then.... I becomes like a PPT presentation
    You may have a rogue app, or some sync loop with multiple cloud sources.

You could always resort to a factory reset.
    09-21-17 06:40 AM
    so far ive found the keyone to be faster than the priv in practical usage. google maps and waze are more responsive. those are the heaviest apps I use.
    09-21-17 06:52 AM
    Try booting to Safe Mode. It disables most apps other than the main stuff.

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    09-21-17 09:16 AM
    I sped mine up by "eject" SD card in Storage, and when I need it I will click on "mount" and it will be ready to go. It sped things up to me, and besides I cleaned some files out, now there are no issues so far for me..Worked for me
    FF22 and jms_sitez like this.
    12-30-17 06:54 PM
    Had the same issue and it turned out, that my SD card caused this issue. But didn't realized it, before my SD card was completely broken.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-31-17 06:11 AM
    Maybe you had an app stored on the SD card? I had that happen and my KeyOne ran like a pig..... I moved all my apps back to 'internal storage'.... SD is really slow...

And I reformatted the SD as 'portable storage" and not as 'extension of internal memory'. See if that helps.

E
    FF22 likes this.
    01-02-18 06:27 AM
    I was gonna get the black keyone , but then looked at the lackluster specs...and my horrible experience with the silver keyone. so I made my choice and bought the one plus 5 with similar amount of money .

couldn't be happier since
    Just wondering why you left a comment here. My KeyOne is great, no slow down, loving the keyboard and have no problems with the specs!
    psychofox13 likes this.
    01-02-18 07:01 AM
    I had a silver keyone that had some really insane slow downs and freezing. on top of inaudible speaker phone calls I ended up returning and going back to my Passport. I recently bought the Black Edition 4/64 about 2 months back. I don't experience any of the same issues.
    01-02-18 09:12 AM
    Try booting to Safe Mode. It disables most apps other than the main stuff.

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...aders-1065667/
    How is this different from reseting the phone to factory settings?
    04-10-18 10:29 AM
    How is this different from reseting the phone to factory settings?
    Resetting the phone wipes out all data and you have to reset a number of things like password and email accounts, etc.

Safe Mode is only temporary. For instance if the lag was caused by App X or App Y, in Safe Mode those apps would not be loaded. So your phone would run better and you might decide to eliminate those apps. Whereas, if you RESET, you might wind up reloading all of the apps you had before including possibly the app that was causing the lag - since you would not know that app was the problem.

If Safe Mode does not help figure it out, you can always to the complete Reset anyway.

Good luck
    04-10-18 11:40 AM
    Resetting the phone wipes out all data and you have to reset a number of things like password and email accounts, etc.

Safe Mode is only temporary. For instance if the lag was caused by App X or App Y, in Safe Mode those apps would not be loaded. So your phone would run better and you might decide to eliminate those apps. Whereas, if you RESET, you might wind up reloading all of the apps you had before including possibly the app that was causing the lag - since you would not know that app was the problem.

If Safe Mode does not help figure it out, you can always to the complete Reset anyway.

Good luck
    Sorry, but I was referring to "If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:"
    04-10-18 12:13 PM
    Sorry, but I was referring to "If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloader:"
    Oh, RESET to factory should be similar to using an Autoloader. But if for some reason, the OS got messed up an Autoloader would start with a clean version of the OS. Also, some use the Autoloader to avoid waiting for the official version to be released by their carrier.
    04-10-18 01:15 PM
    My keyone was very slow too. I deleted twitter and a few other google apps such as pages and numbers and now it is fine.
    The device is just generally underpowered. The processor is slow and you really can’t have too many apps on it. Especially social media.

I still have LinkedIn on it and no slowdowns.

Delete or disable every last app that you don’t need and hopefully your phone will work properly.
    04-13-18 09:58 PM
    I've heard from others on the KEYone that their ram is being/ used up since the latest security patch . May be released to the last update
    04-13-18 10:21 PM
    RAM is purely used for multitasking. The more being used, the better. It's how Android works. It does not manage RAM like Windows does.

As for slowness, that is standard after months of use for any Android device. Every few months, when my phone is getting slow, I backup my data and do a factory reset. As a matter of fact, I just did one the other day. Feels like brand new.
    04-15-18 01:02 AM
    RAM is purely used for multitasking. The more being used, the better. It's how Android works. It does not manage RAM like Windows does.

As for slowness, that is standard after months of use for any Android device. Every few months, when my phone is getting slow, I backup my data and do a factory reset. As a matter of fact, I just did one the other day. Feels like brand new.
    That cannot be the most convenient process. How long does that take? What methods do you use to backup/restore everything or most things? Just restoring the BB Launcher is tedious if one uses that. Unless I don't remember, I've had to individually restore email and twitter accounts and passwords. I have had to select the syncing of contacts, calendar when restoring gmail???? And on the otherhand, NOT sycning yahoo and/or other email/contacts/calendar.
    04-15-18 09:48 AM
    That cannot be the most convenient process. How long does that take? What methods do you use to backup/restore everything or most things? Just restoring the BB Launcher is tedious if one uses that. Unless I don't remember, I've had to individually restore email and twitter accounts and passwords. I have had to select the syncing of contacts, calendar when restoring gmail???? And on the otherhand, NOT sycning yahoo and/or other email/contacts/calendar.
    It took me, maybe, 20 minutes to complete everything. My phone automatically backs up to my Google account. I use Nova Launcher, so I was able to backup my launcher settings and layout to my SD Card. I moved any hard files (like downloads, logs, etc) to my SD Card. Then I reset the phone. When completed, the setup process asks if you'd like to start as new, or from a backup. I selected from a backup and selected the most recent BBB100-1 backup. Then my phone downloaded all of my previously installed apps, some with saved settings some not. I did have to sign back into my 3 e-mail accounts (which takes seconds), and that automatically syncs everything. Contacts were saved to Google Contacts, so those synced automatically. When everything was complete I set Nova Launcher as default, then restored that from its own backup file. The only tedious thing that took me seconds to do was to disable the pre-installed apps I don't use.

Super simple. Super easy.

PS: I let all of the downloading and syncing happen over night while I slept.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-16-18 12:39 PM
    It took me, maybe, 20 minutes to complete everything. My phone automatically backs up to my Google account. I use Nova Launcher, so I was able to backup my launcher settings and layout to my SD Card. I moved any hard files (like downloads, logs, etc) to my SD Card. Then I reset the phone. When completed, the setup process asks if you'd like to start as new, or from a backup. I selected from a backup and selected the most recent BBB100-1 backup. Then my phone downloaded all of my previously installed apps, some with saved settings some not. I did have to sign back into my 3 e-mail accounts (which takes seconds), and that automatically syncs everything. Contacts were saved to Google Contacts, so those synced automatically. When everything was complete I set Nova Launcher as default, then restored that from its own backup file. The only tedious thing that took me seconds to do was to disable the pre-installed apps I don't use.

Super simple. Super easy.

PS: I let all of the downloading and syncing happen over night while I slept.
    A good review of your process.

The fact that the BB Launcher does not have backup/restore is a major pain in the rump!
    04-16-18 01:55 PM
28 12