Could this be the 4th? Please read....
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-drop-1109491/
    No, at least 5 so far.
    See the other thread in support section
    06-02-17 01:16 PM
    I just dropped my Keyone off at the UPS store. I was going to wait till after the weekend, but I figured I didn't want to get too attached to it. I opted to get a full refund and wait this out. I need to get new tires for my wife's car, so my cellphone upgrade funds can go towards it.

Other than this screen detaching issue the phone was great. I hope this doesn't deter others from getting it.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-02-17 02:35 PM
    This is the THIRD report of this issue: Please read

Q yours was the first report. This thread started about 24 hours ago. NA model release.
    06-02-17 02:44 PM
    Could this be the 4th? Please read....
    If I recall correctly, you posted 11 points in another thread about why you didn't like the KEYone. Did you resolve those 11 complaints before your small drop screen issue?

Posted via CB10
    06-02-17 03:04 PM
    Too all the people upset about the keyone screen lift, the same exact thing happend to two of my passports. The issue is the phone gets hot and TCL must have used an adhesive that is not meant to contrast andexpand with excess heat.

The solution is to get some gorilla glue, a card or thin piece of paper and put the glue between the glass and the body, let it sit for a bit.

I ordered mine a few days ago and I figured they haven't changed this issue, I can understand why you all are upset but it's an easy fix. The battery is clearly the issue but I'd rather have a screen lift issue as opposed to ****ty battery life.
    06-02-17 03:30 PM
    If that's the issue, then absolutely every K1 sold so far will eventually exhibit the issue until they fix it. I hope that's not the case, otherwise I will wait until batch v2.0 comes out!
    06-02-17 03:42 PM
    Too all the people upset about the keyone screen lift, the same exact thing happend to two of my passports. The issue is the phone gets hot and TCL must have used an adhesive that is not meant to contrast andexpand with excess heat.

I think this a different issue than mere screen lift over time. 2 reports are about screens completely falling out on new devices. No adhesive applied during assembly. These devices qualify for full exchange on warranty.
    06-02-17 03:42 PM
    @daytrade is there a date on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ box? Production date, or some other date?

And you got your device from the US did you?
    I got mine from the Handtec.co.uk in England. I'll check for ya and see if there's a production date on that one. I also go lucky and got an American keyone coming today from Amazon in the pre sale or whatever that was the 30th. I'll use it the same way as the U.K. One And see what happens. I was hoping maybe it was just because possibly a U.K. Phone but now I see hnguyens was an Amazon phone that was pulling up too. I'm hoping it doesn't happen a second time and I don't think it will honestly but if it does it will probably sour me on the whole keyone journey, from wait, to anticipation, the difficulty to get phone. Etc etc. But I'm a loyal blackberry user so I need a phone this good. Nothing else compares at the moment.
    Last edited by daytrade; 06-02-17 at 04:47 PM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-02-17 04:32 PM

The solution is to get some gorilla glue, a card or thin piece of paper and put the glue between the glass and the body, let it sit for a bit.

I ordered mine a few days ago and I figured they haven't changed this issue, I can understand why you all are upset but it's an easy fix. The battery is clearly the issue but I'd rather have a screen lift issue as opposed to ****ty battery life.
    I believe your explanation explains better than I could what happened to my screen. There is a white adhesive it looks like surrounding the inner portions of the screen all the way around and on mine at least it's a weak adhesive. Sometimes when an adhesive comes lose you can push or press it down and it might stick for a little bit then come detach again but on mine once it came undone there is no stickiness left.
    Last edited by daytrade; 06-02-17 at 05:04 PM.
    06-02-17 04:36 PM
    I was not attacking you. I want to understand why some of these smartphones are literally falling apart at the seams. You should not have had to endure a defective device; this is an issue TCL must rectify. A few defects are normal but given the apparently low number of units produced and shipped it is odd these defective devices were not caught at the factory. BlackBerry has their logo on these smartphones so they should be more involved to ensure satisfied customers.
    Edit / Delete #60

Thanks man. No worries. Understandable. Sorry for my snarky reply. After such a long wait for the phone and the excitement and the screen literally coming up by itself after 48 hours I probably just didn't want to see that kind of reply about which way I had the phone in my pocket. All good. Thanks for the explanation.
    06-02-17 04:52 PM
    If I recall correctly, you posted 11 points in another thread about why you didn't like the KEYone. Did you resolve those 11 complaints before your small drop screen issue?

Posted via CB10
    Your recollection is nearly right. I posted about frustrations. I'm a first time Andrioid user, last phone was a classic.

And no I didn't get all my issues resolved, just put it down to not all apps will work with PKB and a touch sensitive scroller.
    06-02-17 06:14 PM
    Hey, KEYone users; it's not just for BB10 devices...

Keyone screen coming apart after only light use.-bb-duck-tape.jpg

Disclaimer: Red Green and/or Duck Tape™ have no association to red/green lines on the KEYone display and do not make any claim or warranty that Duck Tape™ can solve the red/green line issue for all devices.
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 06-02-17 at 08:40 PM.
    06-02-17 08:24 PM
    I had that with my first Passport. I sent it back and they replaced it. Basically it is caused by a diagonal torque on the unit (i.e. top left and bottom right corners are further forward than top right and bottom left - or vice versa). You can confirm this by putting it face up on a very flat surface - you will see some wobble. The aluminum frame typically prevents bending along X or Y axis, but not diagonal. Most likely caused by putting in a pocket or an over-tight car mount or something. Unfortunate it is happening, but they should replace it for you.
    How does putting it in your pocket cause that? I'm curious cause I always keep mine in my pocket, maybe I better stop..
    06-02-17 08:45 PM
    How does putting it in your pocket cause that? I'm curious cause I always keep mine in my pocket, maybe I better stop..
    So that's about 5 confirmed, possible defects. I mean if the numbers are 5 out of 5,000 that's not so bad, all phones have defects, problems and a few hundred at least that need to be replaced. No device is perfect.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-02-17 09:37 PM
    I agree man, but I did forward this to Steve and Alex. Well I mean on Twitter that is. Lol
    06-02-17 09:39 PM
    I believe your explanation explains better than I could what happened to my screen. There is a white adhesive it looks like surrounding the inner portions of the screen all the way around and on mine at least it's a weak adhesive. Sometimes when an adhesive comes lose you can push or press it down and it might stick for a little bit then come detach again but on mine once it came undone there is no stickiness left.
    So yours does have adhesive. Some at least. Did the phone get hot before?
    06-03-17 12:26 AM
    So that's about 5 confirmed, possible defects. I mean if the numbers are 5 out of 5,000 that's not so bad, all phones have defects, problems and a few hundred at least that need to be replaced. No device is perfect.
    5 posted here on CB. Many people read the forums but never post. Also K1 owners out there that don't do CB at all.
    06-03-17 12:36 AM
    Also K1 owners out there that don't do CB at all.
    In all honesty I doubt there's much of those.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-03-17 01:34 AM
    In all honesty I doubt there's much of those.
    I doubt that. Surely the majority of BlackBerry users aren't lunatics
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-03-17 02:35 AM
    5 posted here on CB. Many people read the forums but never post. Also K1 owners out there that don't do CB at all.
    Not saying there isn't more I'm just saying they're is a ratio to it. And all phone models have defective u it's that get returned. No phone is released perfect, not one I've heard of has had a 100% success rate.
    06-03-17 07:52 AM
    How do you check the day code?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 08:45 AM
    How do you check the day code?

Posted via CB10
    There's a date code on the box but most think it is the date it was BOXED and not assembled. It is dd/mm/yy

There may be a date inside the device but it is not accessible.
    06-03-17 08:55 AM
    I have two KEYones, one from the UK and one from North America. On the box it says that they were both made in China. For the UK version (BBB100-2), the date syas 230417 which I presume is April 23, 2017. Oddly enough, the North American version (BBB100-1) doesn't seem to have a date on it.

I should note that the NOAM version was given to me by BlackBerry (I won it at the Toronto Launch Party) and came packed with the TUMI case with all the black crinkle paper that all of the tech reviewers got. I would hope that this particular batch of review units would have gone through a super duper round of QC, otherwise the embargo lift date on KEYone reviews would have been an ugly scene! So far, there hasn't been a single reviewer that has commented on screens lifting (at least not that I have seen or read).

This is the first thread that I've read re: the screen lift issue so apologies if this has already been addressed, but do we have a confirmation on the manufacturing country for these faulty units (I saw a hashtag Mexico comment upthread somehwere)?
    06-03-17 09:11 AM
    I have two KEYones, one from the UK and one from North America. On the box it says that they were both made in China. For the UK version (BBB100-2), the date syas 230417 which I presume is April 23, 2017. Oddly enough, the North American version (BBB100-1) doesn't seem to have a date on it.

I should note that the NOAM version was given to me by BlackBerry (I won it at the Toronto Launch Party) and came packed with the TUMI case with all the black crinkle paper that all of the tech reviewers got. I would hope that this particular batch of review units would have gone through a super duper round of QC, otherwise the embargo lift date on KEYone reviews would have been ugly scene! So far, there hasn't been a single reviewer that has commented on lifting screens (at least not that I have seen or read).

This is the first thread that I've read re: the screen lift issue so apologies if this has already been addressed, but do we have a confirmation on the manufacturing country for these faulty units (I saw a hashtag Mexico comment upthread somehwere)?
    All made in china lol
    06-03-17 09:12 AM
    My US version does not have date code. Only got bt.mac.cc.fd.17.e6.20.c2...(so far no problem of any kind. )
    06-03-17 09:15 AM
141 12345 ...