I had that with my first Passport. I sent it back and they replaced it. Basically it is caused by a diagonal torque on the unit (i.e. top left and bottom right corners are further forward than top right and bottom left - or vice versa). You can confirm this by putting it face up on a very flat surface - you will see some wobble. The aluminum frame typically prevents bending along X or Y axis, but not diagonal. Most likely caused by putting in a pocket or an over-tight car mount or something. Unfortunate it is happening, but they should replace it for you.
    06-01-17 10:29 PM
    Have been wondering how manufacturers would cope with qwertys now that all touch devices are the norm. Suspect they'd be slower to produce, have more quality control issues and the only way to really nail the process is to sell enough to keep the production line in full swing.

That said: the keyone has features very important to me (that other devices don't have) so i'd probably just be patient with the warranty process or fix the problem myself.
    06-02-17 12:41 AM
    I had that with my first Passport. I sent it back and they replaced it. Basically it is caused by a diagonal torque on the unit (i.e. top left and bottom right corners are further forward than top right and bottom left - or vice versa). You can confirm this by putting it face up on a very flat surface - you will see some wobble. The aluminum frame typically prevents bending along X or Y axis, but not diagonal. Most likely caused by putting in a pocket or an over-tight car mount or something. Unfortunate it is happening, but they should replace it for you.
    This is 100% correct.

In the meantime I'm canceling my orders to see how this all works out. With the failed US launch, up to 2 months delivery time frame and apparent #MadeInMexico6 issues from the get go...*grabs popcorn
    stefan_ and hoytbowhunter like this.
    06-02-17 08:58 AM
    I'm starting to notice my keyone's screen is slightly lifted on the upper left. I can press on the corner and hear it click and rub against the sides.
    Mine is the same. Just barely higher. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't look for it. I hope it don't become a problem.
    06-02-17 09:22 AM
    Mine is the same. Just barely higher. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't look for it. I hope it don't become a problem.
    What are your thoughts on it? You planning to return or replace it?
    06-02-17 09:26 AM
    What are your thoughts on it? You planning to return or replace it?
    If they were readily available I'd probably return it. Since they aren't, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I don't know how bad your's is, but mine will just barely move down when pressed. It almost makes me wish mine was a little higher up so I could try super gluing it back down.
    06-02-17 09:30 AM
    This shouldn't happen. The frame itself is aluminium and shouldn't be bent in a way that lifts the screen. Your screen is probably a diagonal flex away from falling out if there's no adhesive in there which is my suspicion right now with this phone.
    06-02-17 09:35 AM
    If they were readily available I'd probably return it. Since they aren't, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I don't know how bad your's is, but mine will just barely move down when pressed. It almost makes me wish mine was a little higher up so I could try super gluing it back down.
    Our issue is very similar. Mine moves about 2-3 millimeters. With my luck the screen will get worse the day after my return period. I've already gotten a return shipping label from Amazon, so I'm planning to return it after the weekend.

This is unfortunate, I'm really having fun with this phone and typing on a physical keyboard again feels great.
    06-02-17 09:39 AM
    Our issue is very similar. Mine moves about 2-3 millimeters. With my luck the screen will get worse the day after my return period. I've already gotten a return shipping label from Amazon, so I'm planning to return it after the weekend.

This is unfortunate, I'm really having fun with this phone and typing on a physical keyboard again feels great.
    Rest the phone on one of its bottom corners and push down from the opposite corner. I believe this diagonal pressure should expose any build issues with lack of adhesive.
    06-02-17 09:40 AM
    Rest the phone on one of its bottom corners and push down from the opposite corner. I believe this diagonal pressure should expose any build issues with lack of adhesive.
    I believe it's an issue with the adhesive. My assumption is that the glue/adhesive didn't get enough time to cure to solidly attach the screen to the body, or they just didn't use enough of it.
    06-02-17 09:46 AM
    I believe it's an issue with the adhesive. My assumption is that the glue/adhesive didn't get enough time to cure to solidly attach the screen to the body, or they just didn't use enough of it.
    That's what I'm hoping for as well. Adhesion is easy enough to address. If there were any tear down videos of this phone out I'd probably attempt gluing the corner down myself.

It is BS that I have to consider doing that with a brand new phone but it is what it is. I have until July first to return the phone so I'll give it a while before contacting Amazon.
    06-02-17 09:55 AM
    @daytrade is there a date on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ box? Production date, or some other date?

And you got your device from the US did you?
    06-02-17 09:57 AM
    That's what I'm hoping for as well. Adhesion is easy enough to address. If there were any tear down videos of this phone out I'd probably attempt gluing the corner down myself.

It is BS that I have to consider doing that with a brand new phone but it is what it is. I have until July first to return the phone so I'll give it a while before contacting Amazon.
    Just a thought. If you pressed down on the screen and hold a heat gun over it for a bit to re-activate the adhesive would you think it would fix it?
    06-02-17 10:02 AM
    One is an accident, two is a coincidence, but three?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-02-17 10:09 AM
    5 now including witmen and hyungen
    06-02-17 10:14 AM
    5 now including witmen and hyungen
    Oh, even better. BB Mobile might want to include a tube of superglue with future orders.
    06-02-17 10:16 AM
    It seems 4, if we count also Witmen and hnguyen members?

We need a way to test if our K1 are defective... and also trying to understand if the superglue is a viable fix, I'd say.
    Expecting some help from BBM is useless I fear.
    But maybe the superglue way works ok.

Edit: maybe the resting on corner test is ok!
    06-02-17 10:18 AM
    It seems 4, if we count also Witmen and hnguyen members?

We need a way to test if our K1 are defective... and also trying to understand if the superglue is a viable fix, I'd say.
    Expecting some help from BBM is useless I fear.
    But maybe the superglue way works ok.

Edit: maybe the resting on corner test is ok!
    There's another two person on another thread

/blackberry-keyone-f445/keyone-screen-has-come-off-after-small-drop-1109491/
    06-02-17 10:21 AM
    Just a thought. If you pressed down on the screen and hold a heat gun over it for a bit to re-activate the adhesive would you think it would fix it?
    That's a good thought.
    06-02-17 10:26 AM
    Ugh! Hope TCL quickly resolves this. Otherwise, they might as well just rename the phone as Passport 2.
    06-02-17 10:39 AM
    In this thread, both instances were in UK after they had them a few weeks. The theory is no adhesive/sealant was applied during assembly. This is a factory defect and the effected devices need to be replaced.

DO NOT super glue. Might void the warranty and it will be a MF'er to replace if you break your screen in the future.
    FF22, PantherBlitz and BigBadWulf like this.
    06-02-17 10:51 AM
    Personally, I'd just dab some superglue in there and call it a day.
    I'd rather this screen lift than dead keys or screen lines. At least you can do something about this

Still unacceptable, though.
    Something about that just doesn't seem right, especially for an expensive and premium device like this. I would return it for proper repair or a replacement.
    06-02-17 11:20 AM
    I'm confused. The keyone looks and feels like a tank, however my screen is pulling up on the bottom after only after about two days of light use. My phone has no wear, damage or problems other than the screen and has just been essentially in my pocket and babied outside it.

I can't even figure out how it happened. The only thing I can think of is the weather was hot over here and maybe it came loose that way but I see no adhesive, glue or anything. Inspecting the screen it almost seems like the manufacturing process is just sliding the screen into the slot and hoping because it's a tight squeeze it just stays there. Anyhow, included a couple of pictures and hoping I got a faulty phone. Disappointed though. I'll begrudgingly send it back as it was a brilliant phone but makes me feel uneasy about a second keyone because this phone took no abuse.

This is the THIRD report of this issue: Please read

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-drop-1109491/
    06-02-17 12:08 PM
    I'm starting to notice my keyone's screen is slightly lifted on the upper left. I can press on the corner and hear it click and rub against the sides.
    Could this be the 4th? Please read....
    06-02-17 12:09 PM
    The BlackBerry KEYone is not meant to be carried in the pockets of skinny jeans. Wow! The damage looks serious to the point your story seems lacking in details. How did you position the smartphone in your pocket? Was there anything else in the same pocket? Did you sit down or squat while carrying it in your pocket? Between the screen separating and now your screen lifting, there must be defective manufacturing by TCL.

And I suppose my phone was not designed to fall less than 2ft onto a car console?
    06-02-17 12:10 PM
141 1234 ...