Hi,

I have for the past year used my company iPhone in my car to play music via. streaming.

However, i have not been able to use my k1, as it will only play music stored locally, and not from apps.

The Pioneer has support for both android and iOS.

It is quite a big issue, as im a lot in my car in relation to my work.

DO you guys have any clue of what might be the issue here?

Best regards,
    Henrik
    07-24-17 06:22 AM
    Compatible with Android - connect and listen to music stored on your device without the need for an app
    It's only going to access internal through the USB, and has no bluetooth. Try using an AUX cable instead.
    07-24-17 06:39 AM
    so what you are saying is, that i cannot stream to the radio? what an epic fail /:
    07-24-17 10:18 AM
    According to the head unit documentation, yes. If it was Bluetooth capable you could.
    07-24-17 11:55 AM
    My Pioneer AVIC5100NEX is bluetooth capable and connects to the Keyone SOMETIMES, and the features available for Android are not all available on the Keyone. For example, the Pioneer cannot read the Keyone files, I think there is something in the Keyone used for phone security that is screwing up the connection to the Pioneer.
    I really detest when devices decide they know better than me what they should connect to.
    02-08-18 11:57 AM
    I stream from my K1 to car radio ever day driving Toyota Rav4 2013 model. Radio station out of the UK to Canada.
    02-08-18 05:41 PM
    I stream from my K1 to car radio ever day driving Toyota Rav4 2013 model. Radio station out of the UK to Canada.
    I can stream too, but I am concerned with the navigation have a connection and most of the time it cannot connect to the K1. Get the phone not available message and it is not consistent, sometimes it works just fine and other it does not. If I go to the USB2 input (the USB1 is for iPhone) it says either "incompatible USB" or it says it is "reading format" and when it says reading format I have given it over a half hour and it never stops reading format. I get the feeling something in the BBK1 is screwing with the connection.
    02-12-18 03:57 PM
    I can stream too, but I am concerned with the navigation have a connection and most of the time it cannot connect to the K1. Get the phone not available message and it is not consistent, sometimes it works just fine and other it does not. If I go to the USB2 input (the USB1 is for iPhone) it says either "incompatible USB" or it says it is "reading format" and when it says reading format I have given it over a half hour and it never stops reading format. I get the feeling something in the BBK1 is screwing with the connection.
    I don't use mine for navigation, either built in Toyota Nav system which sucks needs to be updated but refuse to pay them $180 they are wanting. I mostly use Garmin, I am traveling tomorrow will try out K1 maps to see how it performs.
    02-13-18 08:54 PM
    I recently got the Pioneer AVIC5100NEX in my '04 Lincoln LS, previously used the K1 and Google Maps, which, to be honest, works better than the Pioneer. Thought having the in-dash nav would be better. On the times Pioneer nav connects with the K1 it is great as the phone downloads the realtime traffic for the Pioneer. Apparently the Pioneer units that are more dedicated to Android are higher in price, but I still think there is something to the security system in the phone that is fritzing the connection, and I would like to be able to get them to work together more consistently.
    Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
    02-14-18 07:17 AM
    How did it work?
    02-16-18 10:33 AM
    My Rav4 doesn't allow my to stream Gmaps onto screen, I am not very tech savy like that so it might be me.
    02-18-18 11:56 AM