Hi All,

I've had an issue occur today where my KeyOne is behaving as if no battery is present. It began whilst at the gym. I was using my phone for music and it randomly switched off, it had around 80% battery but would not switch back on. Holding down the power button just made the LED light flash blue for as long as you held it.

I put it on charge as soon as I got home and was able to switch it on, but as soon as I removed the cable it would die. No shutdown process etc, it will just immediately switch off kind of like pulling the cord out of a PC.

I've since tried a number of different restart methods, and even tried a factory reset, but still it is behaving the same way. It registers that it is plugged in but doesn't say charging, and the battery has stayed on 80% for a few hours now.

I downloaded an APP called AIDA64 which I'd seen mentioned on here somewhere, but on battery health is says Good.

Really stumped as to where to go from here, any advice much appreciated.

Many thanks.
    01-14-18 12:00 PM
    Hi All,

I've had an issue occur today where my KeyOne is behaving as if no battery is present. It began whilst at the gym. I was using my phone for music and it randomly switched off, it had around 80% battery but would not switch back on. Holding down the power button just made the LED light flash blue for as long as you held it.

I put it on charge as soon as I got home and was able to switch it on, but as soon as I removed the cable it would die. No shutdown process etc, it will just immediately switch off kind of like pulling the cord out of a PC.

I've since tried a number of different restart methods, and even tried a factory reset, but still it is behaving the same way. It registers that it is plugged in but doesn't say charging, and the battery has stayed on 80% for a few hours now.

I downloaded an APP called AIDA64 which I'd seen mentioned on here somewhere, but on battery health is says Good.

Many thanks.
    Try a different charger and/or a different cable.

There are numbers and contact info:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12942492
    01-14-18 06:32 PM
    Hi All,

Many thanks.
    Same issue here - except my flashing LED is white (at least I think it is)...

And oddly similar scenario... listening to music, battery around 80%, music stopped, phone went black, wouldn't turn back on. No matter what buttons I hold for however long, nothing but flashing LED...

After speaking with BBMo support they said its b/c the battery got too low and so I've got it on the charger now for a few hours to see if that makes any difference. I'm suspect of the rationale, but let's see...

Would love to get an update from you on what ended up happening in your case.
    04-06-18 07:36 PM
    Same issue here - except my flashing LED is white (at least I think it is)...

And oddly similar scenario... listening to music, battery around 80%, music stopped, phone went black, wouldn't turn back on. No matter what buttons I hold for however long, nothing but flashing LED...

After speaking with BBMo support they said its b/c the battery got too low and so I've got it on the charger now for a few hours to see if that makes any difference. I'm suspect of the rationale, but let's see...

Would love to get an update from you on what ended up happening in your case.
    Quick update in case someone comes by here in the future - seems something broke somehow between the battery and motherboard in my K1 - sent it in and they exchanged the unit for free under warranty. I'm assuming its a refurb unit, but hey, I can dump this temp iCrap I've been using and get back to a real phone...
    FF22 likes this.
    04-13-18 09:45 AM