I have had the KeyOne since launch and it is amazing but the last few weeks it has become laggy and some app's like WAZE and FACEBOOK are just not responsive. What is happening?
    W6EOD likes this.
    11-27-17 07:06 AM
    I have had the KeyOne since launch and it is amazing but the last few weeks it has become laggy and some app's like WAZE and FACEBOOK are just not responsive. What is happening?
    Are you clearing your cashe regularly and rebooting your device?
    11-27-17 07:13 AM
    I have tried rebooting but not clearing my cashe. I will try that. thanks for your reply.
    11-27-17 07:18 AM
    If you don't absolutely need Facebook, uninstall it and get Lite Facebook. Uses much less resources and will not track you or device.

I have a Oneplus 3T and it's more than fast enough but I still won't install Facebook and never have since the good old BB10 days. 😭
    11-27-17 07:21 AM
    I have tried rebooting but not clearing my cashe. I will try that. thanks for your reply.
    I make a habit of clearing my cashe and rebooting every couple of days...it keeps the device running snappy
    11-27-17 02:16 PM
    If you don't absolutely need Facebook, uninstall it and get Lite Facebook. Uses much less resources and will not track you or device.

I have a Oneplus 3T and it's more than fast enough but I still won't install Facebook and never have since the good old BB10 days. 😭
    Facebook and Facebook messenger have been on my KEYone since launch day and I have had no lag issues. I also manage my cache fairly regularly. That really is the key in my opinion. As the cache builds up there is a much higher chance OS some corrupt files that could cause issues, not to mention it takes up a lot of memory.

OP, go to settings, storage, internal and clear cached data from there by clicking on it. Reboot the phone and that will likely help solve your problem.
    11-27-17 03:39 PM
    I am having the same issue....my phone is becoming pretty slow. I am rebooting regularly and don't have too many apps installed either...
    W6EOD likes this.
    11-27-17 03:41 PM
    I am having the same issue....my phone is becoming pretty slow. I am rebooting regularly and don't have too many apps installed either...
    Are you clearing cache as well?
    11-27-17 03:41 PM
    Are you clearing cache as well?
    Probably not as regularly. I should do that, you are right!

What bothers me mostly is Hub....opening an email is not snappy as I have to wait for the software to render the email on the screen; this is true even for emails that I already opened in the past and just want to re-open them...

I am not sure if that has anything to do with hardware performance or software coding; I lean towards the latter.
    11-27-17 03:45 PM
    Probably not as regularly. I should do that, you are right!

What bothers me mostly is Hub....opening an email is not snappy as I have to wait for the software to render the email on the screen; this is true even for emails that I already opened in the past and just want to re-open them...

I am not sure if that has anything to do with hardware performance or software coding; I lean towards the latter.
    Hmm interesting with the hub. I haven't had email render issues but I'm assuming cache clear may help.
    11-27-17 04:17 PM
    Hmm interesting with the hub. I haven't had email render issues but I'm assuming cache clear may help.
    It most probably will! I will try that but I believe that Hub has it's part as well; it's been like that from day one though not to the same degree which cache clearing might help to restore I believe.
    11-27-17 04:26 PM
    Clear your cashe then reboot
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-27-17 04:50 PM
    Clear your cashe then reboot
    That did it! Much better now....sometimes I forget to do that...
    11-27-17 05:37 PM
    Yes it's kind of a pain in the ***. Wish BlackBerry or Android in general would have a built in way (or some sort of notification) to clear cache when it hits a certain level. Most average users wouldn't really know to do that and would just blame their device for being crappy once it starts lagging.
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-27-17 06:07 PM
    Yes it's kind of a pain in the ***. Wish BlackBerry or Android in general would have a built in way (or some sort of notification) to clear cache when it hits a certain level. Most average users wouldn't really know to do that and would just blame their device for being crappy once it starts lagging.
    Yup, they will rightfully so blame the device / app whatever.

It's not only that cache reaches a certain level but it can also contain corrupt files which can be worse...

The same goes for PC's; they do too require a restart every now and again so I guess that this most likely falls under 'user education' and probably not such a bad problem for device manufacturers that wants to sell more devices....heck, I have an IBM ThinkPad with Core i7 and 4GM RAM that I bought in 2010 and it runs like Usain Bolt...maintenence is key!
    11-27-17 06:20 PM
    I was talking to Conite about this at the KEYone release party in Toronto. I kinda wish there was a setting that you could program to do it each morning or every couple of days.
    Rico4you likes this.
    11-27-17 07:26 PM
    This ^
    ray689 likes this.
    11-27-17 07:26 PM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback. worked like a charm.
    11-28-17 07:21 AM
    Facebook and Facebook messenger have been on my KEYone since launch day and I have had no lag issues. .
    I still swear by not having FB installed not just for lag issues but batter and resources. Everyone knows FB is the greatest offender when it comes to your phone, privacy and resources so I choose to keep it at arms length. Every little bit helps when trying to keep your phone churning like a well oiled machine.
    I know and realize many people cannot do that when the social network is tied to their work but for those who only need it as an option to pass the time I still recommend Lite Facebook.
    11-28-17 08:19 AM
    I still swear by not having FB installed not just for lag issues but batter and resources. Everyone knows FB is the greatest offender when it comes to your phone, privacy and resources so I choose to keep it at arms length. Every little bit helps when trying to keep your phone churning like a well oiled machine.
    I know and realize many people cannot do that when the social network is tied to their work but for those who only need it as an option to pass the time I still recommend Lite Facebook.
    Oh yes I agree with you regarding Facebook on all fronts as far as privacy, intrusion, resources etc. I just wanted to clarify that for me it hasn't lead to lag in my device which is agood thing even given how resource hungry it is. Shows that the KEYone can handle it.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    11-28-17 09:54 AM
    I was forced to delete them both
    11-30-17 11:54 AM
    Good point. I clear CACHE at 1gb level and right after reboot. Have been doing this in ALL Android devices. Maybe OREO has some setting / warning to handle this?!
    12-02-17 03:26 AM