I'm having the same issue as well. my battery life was great, only at 50 percent by the end of the day when I went to bed. Now it's at 10 percent when I go to bed... does the 32+ reset the whole phone at all or no? I just need to know so if I need to back up my stuff I will.
    02-28-18 10:34 PM
    I'm having the same issue as well. my battery life was great, only at 50 percent by the end of the day when I went to bed. Now it's at 10 percent when I go to bed... does the 32+ reset the whole phone at all or no? I just need to know so if I need to back up my stuff I will.
    While it is always a good idea to have backups, the 32+ Second reboot will not disturb and of your data. Nothing lost except 32+ seconds of trial.
    03-01-18 09:01 AM
    Hi, please advise in case anyone has figured out what app has been killing the battery lately... this sudden development has happened exactly a week ago and continues till date... I have not downloaded any new app in this period; all old which has got updated few times which android has a habit to do! Looking for much needed help here to save my draining battery !! Thanks.
    03-03-18 11:56 AM
    Hi, please advise in case anyone has figured out what app has been killing the battery lately... this sudden development has happened exactly a week ago and continues till date... I have not downloaded any new app in this period; all old which has got updated few times which android has a habit to do! Looking for much needed help here to save my draining battery !! Thanks.
    You can either look at the Battery App or in Main Settings, Battery and see what is using the battery.

Also, to avoid unexpected UPDATES, I have turned off GooglePlay's Automatic updates. I check for updates myself and update if/when I want. I do tend to fall behind but I would rather remain in control.
    03-03-18 01:30 PM
    Mine acted up just a wee bit right after last update but after three days is back to normal, also wierd was after update it changed my screen backbround to a stock background, but anyway battery not holding up like past is resolved. FWIW
    03-03-18 02:35 PM
    Glad to know your battery is back to best. Mine is still struggling. Checked battery in settings and it shows android system at highest 17%, chrome 12% and blackberry hub at 10%. Few more after it are between 5 to 9 where android OS and core apps show 7%! So really confused what has caught my healthy phone and made it drain...
    03-19-18 04:00 AM
    You can either look at the Battery App or in Main Settings, Battery and see what is using the battery.

Also, to avoid unexpected UPDATES, I have turned off GooglePlay's Automatic updates. I check for updates myself and update if/when I want. I do tend to fall behind but I would rather remain in control.
    Something is wrong...something has changed....I also don't allow automatic updates, but today I notice the battery draining quicker than normal....when I woke up it was at 95%...within 30 minutes it was at 88%....with only checking my mail. Only have one active email account. Checked my battery....here's what I show.. Checked developer...all animation settings were at 1x. Changed back to .5. Did the 32 second reboot. Monitoring to see how the battery behaves. What am I missing as to why the battery data usage is not available. I'm on Bell and have the latest AAVxxx. WTF (What's The Fix)...not the other meaning....lol. Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone battery draining too fast. Hardware issue?-battery-usage.jpg  
    03-19-18 07:16 AM
    Something is wrong...something has changed....I also don't allow automatic updates, but today I notice the battery draining quicker than normal....when I woke up it was at 95%...within 30 minutes it was at 88%....with only checking my mail. Only have one active email account. Checked my battery....here's what I show.. Checked developer...all animation settings were at 1x. Changed back to .5. Did the 32 second reboot. Monitoring to see how the battery behaves. What am I missing as to why the battery data usage is not available. I'm on Bell and have the latest AAVxxx. WTF (What's The Fix)...not the other meaning....lol. Thanks.
    Battery usage data can only be displayed after a reasonable amount of time since the last charge. That is, the system needs time to perform a variety of functions, run apps in order to show what's using the data. 12 minutes is not enough to gather any reasonable usage pattern. Now in your case, that actually means you can't really find out what has used 12% so quickly.

But there are times, just something goes wonky and there may not be a reason. Usually a reboot will get things running normally again. I've had occasions where the battery really was dropping faster than I'm use to. I don't necessarily understand why but will reboot and it generally runs fine afterward.

So, now you should monitor after your restart. And then run it for a few hours to see if the info is revealing in the Battery Monitor.
    03-19-18 09:36 AM
    Battery usage data can only be displayed after a reasonable amount of time since the last charge. That is, the system needs time to perform a variety of functions, run apps in order to show what's using the data. 12 minutes is not enough to gather any reasonable usage pattern. Now in your case, that actually means you can't really find out what has used 12% so quickly.

But there are times, just something goes wonky and there may not be a reason. Usually a reboot will get things running normally again. I've had occasions where the battery really was dropping faster than I'm use to. I don't necessarily understand why but will reboot and it generally runs fine afterward.

So, now you should monitor after your restart. And then run it for a few hours to see if the info is revealing in the Battery Monitor.
    Yes, I discovered it started reporting battery Usage after some time....I guess the only thing I was "missing" was patience...lol. Thanks for your response.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYone battery draining too fast. Hardware issue?-notable-00052.jpg  
    FF22 likes this.
    03-19-18 10:02 AM
    I too now have this battery ������ drain issues. Phone was updated to AAV119. I've been trying to find a solution to this but nothing seems to work. Do any one know when the next update is?
    03-21-18 09:32 AM
    Sad; me too waiting for a fix for my lovely Key One!!
    03-21-18 10:42 PM
    Disabled power center after last update to it and battery life seemed to improve by a bunch.
    something wrong with the power center after Feb update.. if I turn on the battery saver at 15%, it will turn on the battery saver immediately even if the battery is not at 15%.. and it sure drains quicker after Feb update AAV119.
    03-22-18 05:09 AM
    I can't help but wonder if this is related to Meltdown/Spectre mitigation. One fix for this is a lot of randomising address space after usage - this takes clock cycles, and thus battery.

I suspect the issue is in the OS not the apps. I've disabled power manager, hub, etc. but the phone is still hot and the OS comes out as the culprit on all analysis apps.

This needs sorting BlackBerry... not good at all on a production device, although I will confess it made a great hand warmer in the snow!
    03-24-18 10:04 AM
    Oh, to add to my last post (and this is what points me towards mitigation for Meltdown/Spectre), WhatsApp becomes totally unresponsive when sending video. As it's compressing in the background, and that process is very memory intensive, it makes me think that there is a lot more going on now in software than there used to be.
    03-24-18 10:09 AM
    Oh, to add to my last post (and this is what points me towards mitigation for Meltdown/Spectre), WhatsApp becomes totally unresponsive when sending video. As it's compressing in the background, and that process is very memory intensive, it makes me think that there is a lot more going on now in software than there used to be.
    It may be something with Whatsapp and the latest OS version, but it's not the OS update itself. There have been many threads regarding higher battery consumption, and a lot of responses including mine that haven't experienced any noticeable increase. This thread is trending currently, as an example.
    03-24-18 10:34 AM
    It may be something with Whatsapp and the latest OS version, but it's not the OS update itself. There have been many threads regarding higher battery consumption, and a lot of responses including mine that haven't experienced any noticeable increase. This thread is trending currently, as an example.
    I'm going to activate additional debugging to see if that reveals anything else. The only other thing that's changed on my phone in the past couple of weeks is migrating email from Exchange to O365 and that should use less power as proper push services are now available.
    03-24-18 11:10 AM
    I'm going to activate additional debugging to see if that reveals anything else. The only other thing that's changed on my phone in the past couple of weeks is migrating email from Exchange to O365 and that should use less power as proper push services are now available.
    My office switched to 0365 a couple months ago. I didn't notice any change in battery consumption then either.
    03-24-18 11:14 AM
    I've just realised that I am running AAV222... even more bizarre as to why the battery life is so terrible.
    03-24-18 02:49 PM
    I've just realised that I am running AAV222... even more bizarre as to why the battery life is so terrible.

03-24-18 03:03 PM

The mind does boggle as to why this is quite so bad though. It's taking at least twice as much power as it previously has been and seems to not be ever throttling back the processors.

Looking at battery usage, Samsung Health may well have taken 16%, but as for "Media"... I haven't watched a single video or listened to anything all day!
    03-24-18 03:08 PM
    The mind does boggle as to why this is quite so bad though. It's taking at least twice as much power as it previously has been and seems to not be ever throttling back the processors.

Looking at battery usage, Samsung Health may well have taken 16%, but as for "Media"... I haven't watched a single video or listened to anything all day!
    Bizarrely the Crackberry app is moaning about the screenshot taken on this KEYone! Android System took 65% of the available power in the last 12 hours. The screen only took 4%. Very very sick phone as am down to 3% in 12 hours.
    03-24-18 03:10 PM

Samsung health?!?

I know there's an issue, cause too many have reported it. I know it's not the OS, cause too many have reported that too.
    03-24-18 03:17 PM
    Bizarrely the Crackberry app is moaning about the screenshot taken on this KEYone! Android System took 65% of the available power in the last 12 hours. The screen only took 4%. Very very sick phone as am down to 3% in 12 hours.
    Try the browser.KEYone battery draining too fast. Hardware issue?-screenshot_20180324-151818.jpg

No problem here at all.
    03-24-18 03:19 PM
    Samsung health?!?

I know there's an issue, cause too many have reported it. I know it's not the OS, cause too many have reported that too.
    "Samsung Health"... a side effect of the Gear S3 - which works flawlessly with the KEYone, as has Samsung Health! Even I have been surprised as to how well it's behaved and virtually no battery change at all.
    03-24-18 03:21 PM
    I specifically tracked a walk today with my Gear S3. It was an hour and a half and 4 miles and Samsung Health with its other processes and the walk has used only 2% since 6am this morning (now 12 hours later).
    wavemobile likes this.
    03-24-18 08:04 PM
76 1234