I have just switched from Passport/BB10 to KEYone/Android and so far, the ride is tough. To be expected, but there are a lot of little things here and there where the BB10 experiences really shines. For example:
    1. Why are contextual menus in the Hub on the top right of the screen? I am not a leftie, but that must be annoying to them. anyways, i have large hands, i'm a rightie, and it's still hard to reach. When i go through emails, it'd be nice to have a menu to "mark unread"/"delete"/"replyAll" or whatever a user finds useful on the bottom right/left as a configuration. I go through tons of emails a day, and being able to reply/unread/file/delete is pretty important to me. I need those at my fingertips.
    2. This may be an Android thing, but the font size used for email lists, vs Texts vs BBM varies. It's be nice if they were consistent, or better, if the user could chose the font size for each.
    3. The Hub UI out of the productivity tray for the list view seems superior in every way to that out of the Hub's main screen. Emails show title/sender/first line of text and does so in a more compact way (that's important as i want to see more emails, not fewer.. i get 100's of emails a day), and same comment for the calendar view.
    4. Why is the dark theme "grey" instead of being just black? It lowers the contract of anything you look at. Is there a setting i am missing? Because i see that in non BB apps too like Twitter.
    5. Not sure if this is BB or not, but the Clock app in screen-saver mode doesn't do landscape.
    6. Please bring back a shortcut for Bedside Mode. Maybe BB needs to include a clock app in its productivity suite?
    7. The conversation UI is not the greatest. When looking at an email, it's not immediately obvious to me what the thread looks like, and when i read an email, tracking which email i am looking at in a thread is not great: it just looks like one continuous email with little to dicern one from the next/previous.
    8. Sometimes, i can delete a message prematurely (email, BBM, Text, whatever). the Undo option flashes for just a moment, and then it's done forever! Couldn't the last 5 things deleted be kept around for a bit longer, like 5mn, so one has a bit more time to undo if necessary? This is something even BB10 did not do right imho.
    9. For emails, i like to see the subject first and then the sender's name. But for Texts and BBM, i prefer to see the sender's name first, and then the message. Right now, Hub only allows to you set this globally, and not for each message type. There are a few settings like that where once in a view with just BBM messages, or just Texts, overriding the global setting would make sense.

Etc.. Etc... Lots of little things that rob me of precious productivity seconds throughout the day and made BlackBerry indispensable to me.

Other than that, the device itself is very cool. I first missed the heft of the Passport and its keyboard and wide screen (i have large hands), but within 2-3 days, i feel ok now with the new form factor.

Thank you,
    LDH
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-06-17 07:33 PM
    Hey @ldhasson, Glad to see you managed to pick one up!

Why are contextual menus in the Hub on the top right of the screen? I am not a leftie, but that must be annoying to them. anyways, i have large hands, i'm a rightie, and it's still hard to reach. When i go through emails, it'd be nice to have a menu to "mark unread"/"delete"/"replyAll" or whatever a user finds useful on the bottom right/left as a configuration. I go through tons of emails a day, and being able to reply/unread/file/delete is pretty important to me. I need those at my fingertips.
    Good point. No reason they couldn't be in the bottom right under a menu.

This may be an Android thing, but the font size used for email lists, vs Texts vs BBM varies. It's be nice if they were consistent, or better, if the user could chose the font size for each.
    Yeah, Android thing AFAIK.

Why is the dark theme "grey" instead of being just black? It lowers the contract of anything you look at. Is there a setting i am missing? Because i see that in non BB apps too like Twitter.
    You and many others have wondered this. It was an option BlackBerry went with.

Not sure if this is BB or not, but the Clock app in screen-saver mode doesn't do landscape.
    It's the stock Android clock, not sure how much BlackBerry could change there unless of course they built their own as you suggest.

Sometimes, i can delete a message prematurely (email, BBM, Text, whatever). the Undo option flashes for just a moment, and then it's done forever! Couldn't the last 5 things deleted be kept around for a bit longer, like 5mn, so one has a bit more time to undo if necessary? This is something even BB10 did not do right imho.
    I've never really had an issue with this but I can understand where you're coming from. While perhaps not ideal, there a number of apps available that can act as like a Trash Can on Android, allowing you to catch items you deleted.
    06-06-17 08:14 PM
    Hey Mr. Bla1ze Should catch up one of those days in NYC.
    06-06-17 09:36 PM