Is it possible to install a Bulgarian language on the hardware keyboard?
    I try, but the Bulgarian language appears only on the virtual keyboard.

KEYonе hardware keyboard and Bulgarian language?-screenshot_20170527-090124.jpg
    05-27-17 01:07 AM
    This can help, at least it does on Priv, should be the same on KEYone: AnySoftKeyboard.

However, you lose the typing gestures as those only work with BB Keyboard app.

If you buy a region-specific version of the phone (one that would have cyrillic letters printed on the physical keys) it would work normally, I guess. Hopefully BB will make it possible to use it regardless of version, I don't really understand why are they making it difficult.
    05-27-17 04:26 AM
    The answer from BlackBerry Mobile Care:
    "We thank you for communicating with our BlackBerry® Mobile Care and for your interest in our products.
    Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the physical keyboard to Bulgarian it is only available for the virtual keyboard.
    Thank you for choosing BlackBerry Mobile as your daily communication device. "
    05-27-17 08:47 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170527-090124.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	424003
    Yes it's possible! See the screen shot.
    Go to the settings, then language and input then to keyboard settings then click on blackberry keyboard then to input languages.
    Attached Thumbnails KEYonе hardware keyboard and Bulgarian language?-4913.jpg  
    05-27-17 03:25 PM
    Yes it's possible! See the screen shot.
    Go to the settings, then language and input then to keyboard settings then click on blackberry keyboard then to input languages.
    I did this, but when I switch to Bulgarian, the virtual keyboard appears.
    05-27-17 03:38 PM
    I did this, but when I switch to Bulgarian, the virtual keyboard appears.
    Disable completely the virtual keyboard to see what happens.
    05-27-17 03:41 PM
    Disable completely the virtual keyboard to see what happens.
    How to disable completely the virtual keyboard?
    05-27-17 03:45 PM
    How to disable completely the virtual keyboard?
    languages and input then current keyboard , it pops up a window where you can switch off the function to show on screen the virtual keyboard.
    05-27-17 03:53 PM
    languages and input then current keyboard , it pops up a window where you can switch off the function to show on screen the virtual keyboard.
    And that's what I did, but the result is the same.
    05-27-17 03:59 PM
    And that's what I did, but the result is the same.
    You are right ! I just enable it on my device and when you switch to Bulgarian then it pops up obligatory a virtual keyboard with the Bulgarian language.
    I think it has to do with the keyboard space available, the standard keyboard has 26 keys available for letters and the Bulgarian alphabet has 30 ! So there are no enough keys available to run it through the PKB.
    I am sorry for this but seems that there is nothing you can do about.
    05-27-17 04:06 PM
    I am sorry for this but seems that there is nothing you can do about.
    There is. AnySoftKeyboard which I suggested earlier. I tried it with Macedonian a while ago so I see no reason for it not to work with Bulgarian.

Btw, Croatian alphabet also has 30 letters and it works just fine with the 26-key keyboard.
    versus13 likes this.
    05-27-17 04:41 PM
    There is. AnySoftKeyboard which I suggested earlier. I tried it with Macedonian a while ago so I see no reason for it not to work with Bulgarian.

Btw, Croatian alphabet also has 30 letters and it works just fine with the 26-key keyboard.
    I tried AnySoftKeyboard, but after the installation there are 4 letters missing (ч, ш, щ, ю).
    And I can not use the gestures of the hardware keyboard.
    05-28-17 01:51 AM
    I tried AnySoftKeyboard, but after the installation there are 4 letters missing (ч, ш, щ, ю).
    And I can not use the gestures of the hardware keyboard.
    Are those letters maybe mapped to long-press of some others? Try looking through the app's settings, maybe it can be done.
    The gestures... Yes, unfortunately they can't work.

I really hope BB won't leave it at this... "Unfortunately there isn't a way to change the physical keyboard to Bulgarian it is only available for the virtual keyboard. "

Of course there's a way, they just need to type out the several lines of code required for it. IIRC people say it was possible on BB10. If they're willing to do it now or not, that's the real question.
    versus13 likes this.
    05-28-17 02:04 AM
    The Russian translit option works fine for the pkb, but the suggestions are Russian... I hope BB will make the Bulgarian language available for the pkb soon.
    Another bug that I noticed is that you can't switch between languages while quick replying on the Facebook messenger, not from the app itself
    versus13, Mirko935 and marti8711 like this.
    05-28-17 10:01 AM
    I have found two solutions the Bulgarian hardware keyboard:
    1. With AnySoftKeyboard, unfortunately without the gestures of the PKB;
    2. With BlackBerry keyboard + installed Russian transl (miss a one letter, miss Bulgarian dictionary), but I have all features on PKB.

Thanks Mirko935 and Mochho for the advice and suggestions.
    Mirko935 and marti8711 like this.
    05-29-17 01:03 AM
    Long hold the £ symbol and you'll find the missing letter.
    versus13 and Mirko935 like this.
    05-29-17 05:06 AM
    Long hold the £ symbol and you'll find the missing letter.
    Thanks again!
    05-29-17 05:17 AM
    I am typing on physical keyboard with home UK.
    О ам тъпото жортуаш леъбпард вотх хпме ИЛ.
    I am typing on virtual keyboard with home UK - language mode Bulgarian xact key mapping.
    As you can see mapped key for key it does not work you would need a local variant with Bulgarian print physical keyboard or just use the first virtual keyboard which can be set to alternate languages
    08-19-17 05:04 AM
    Thanks again!
    Hello

Did anybody tried this?
    I installed AnySoftKeyboard and add additional package for Bulgarian Phonetic.
    But, similar to the comments above the letters "ч,щ,ш,ю" are missing.

I tried long-pressing all keys on the physical keyboard but w/o success.
    Or maybe it is possible to change/ swipe for additional symbols/ characters?

This is really annoying - I tried the variant with using the build-in Russian Phonetics, but there are too different letters and I started confusing while e.g. writing on my laptop.

Also another thing for AnySoftKeyboard - there is no additional bar with suggestions, emoji etc.
    I checked the settings, but everything seems fine.
    Last edited by ibbbo; 02-21-18 at 09:48 AM.
    02-21-18 08:01 AM
    Hi,

On AnySoftKeyboard the missing letters can be found as follow:

ч - press "c" then "h" ti will change on screen
    ш - press "s" + "h"
    щ - press "s " + "h" + "t"
    ю - press " y" + "u "

Hope that helps. Unfortunately there isn't a word suggestion line on the physical keyboard.
    05-10-18 03:14 PM
    How did you manage to hide the virtual keyboard when using AnySoftKeyboard?
    When I switch to AnySoftKeyboard, I get a VKB with Bulgarian, and the physical keyboard types in English, just like when using the regular Blackberry Bulgarian keyboard.
    Is there some tweak or setting to hide the VKB for AnySoftKeyboard and have the PKB type in Bulgarian?
    01-28-21 02:58 AM