Having used a passport and a priv, the scrolling on the keyone keyboard does not seem as smooth, particularly in portrait mode. It seems only the top two rows of keys are activated for scrolling, which could be why it's a little jumpy. It stutters, it's not very smooth in general. I guess if someone never used a passport or priv before they may not notice. I can scroll and then lift my finger ever so slightly off the keyboard and it will still register slightly, which I believe leads to it being jumpy. Anyone else think portrait keyboard scrolling is a little wonky at times? For what it's worth, landscape mode works much better.
    06-04-17 01:23 PM
    Not having this issue. I'm able to scroll from the sym key up to the "k" key. I am on the June patch so maybe that was fixed in a software update. Or maybe check Google play to see if there is a BlackBerry keyboard update?
    06-04-17 01:28 PM
    I have two key1's, neither one lets me scroll up and down using just the bottom two rows. I guess it could be a software issue then, no updates showing for me at the moment.
    06-04-17 01:43 PM
    Actually now that I test it again you might be right. It just felt like the M and K keys were both scrolling as I swipe over them but looks like it might be only th k key and not m as well.
    06-04-17 01:47 PM
    It's very strange, and one of the reasons why I probably hit the on screen buttons on the screen by mistake so often. I'm used to scrolling lower down near the space bar, it works perfectly on the priv. No jitter, really smooth on passport and priv. Strange why they changed it.
    06-04-17 02:01 PM
    I just tested the scrolling on my KEYone. I was wondering why it felt off. You are correct, gloommerchant. Only my top two rows are responding.

I just got mine 3 days ago, and sadly, the list of annoyances is slowly growing.

*Edit* New discovery. When selecting through available home screens, all 4 rows on the keyboard respond to touch scrolling. I can only conclude that it is a software issue for those cases where only 2 rows respond.
    Last edited by DingleberrryDan; 06-04-17 at 05:58 PM.
    06-04-17 03:06 PM
    I just tested mine and I can scroll from the bottom of my keyboard to the top.

Sorry you're having problems.
    06-04-17 08:53 PM
    I just tested mine and I can scroll from the bottom of my keyboard to the top.

Sorry you're having problems.
    Try scrolling with just the space bar/v/b keys, without hitting the top two rows of keys.
    06-04-17 09:00 PM
    *Edit* New discovery. When selecting through available home screens, all 4 rows on the keyboard respond to touch scrolling. I can only conclude that it is a software issue for those cases where only 2 rows respond.
    Correct. All 4 rows work in landscape mode as well. It's just when scrolling up and down in portrait mode. Hopefully it is software related and it gets fixed.
    06-04-17 09:06 PM
    It looks like after further testing, only 3 rows are touch-sensitive. The full bottom row (left shift, 0, space bar, symbol key, and right shift) does not respond to touch on its own.

I would have to play around with this more to see if there are scenarios where the full bottom row does respond to touch. For now, there is definitely an issue with portrait scrolling.
    06-05-17 01:40 AM
    It looks like after further testing, only 3 rows are touch-sensitive. The full bottom row (left shift, 0, space bar, symbol key, and right shift) does not respond to touch on its own.

I would have to play around with this more to see if there are scenarios where the full bottom row does respond to touch. For now, there is definitely an issue with portrait scrolling.
    Yes, it's like that on mine, thus it makes scrolling a bit more difficult.
    06-05-17 07:00 PM

Same for me.
    06-07-17 03:25 AM
    Same issue with mine. SE spoils you, the Priv was better, but this KEYone is NOT good at all. Hopefully BBMo can patch this.
    Luv everything else on the phone (albeit I do miss my swipe gestures) but this is pretty lacking.
    duckbites likes this.
    06-13-17 01:50 PM
    Scrolling is slightly more reactive on BlackBerry 10 and the PRIV, but the scrolling (for me) still works very well on the KEYone with only negligible differences.

Being fully used to every BlackBerry touch enabled physical keyboard since the Passport; if I start trying to scroll in a website, for example, and the scrolling doesn't work, all I do is touch the web page on the screen and then it initiates the scrolling functionality again. Rarely occurs, but sometimes.

The only place I've noticed the scrolling fails (thus far, could happen in other apps that I don't use) is inside the CrackBerry app itself when I try to scroll through say, CBK's "drop testing" video article (or inside the first page of any article).

Also, when reading an article and the back light of the keyboard goes out, I have to touch it again to regain scrolling capability.

With all that being said, the one thing I think BlackBerry Mobile should incorporate is the pinch to zoom gesture. As well as a way to launch a pointer arrow with a triple tap of the keyboard. Double tapping inside a body of text brings up the cursor and a triple tap could bring up a pointer arrow so that a user can "mouse" around whatever with it. Or it could be initiated with a long press of the key assigned to be CTRL.

Scrolling down is also faster than scrolling up on the KEYone; where it takes more swipes in one direction versus the other direction.
    Last edited by AwkwardUnkleHug; 06-13-17 at 07:03 PM.
    06-13-17 06:45 PM
    Yup, coming from a Classic thumbpad, it's an eye opening experience trying to navigate with the inaccurate keypad.
    06-13-17 09:54 PM
    Me too
    06-13-17 10:48 PM