Has anyone else here ran into any issues with the headphone jack on the KEYone? I'm having a reoccurring issue where often headphones are not recognized and sounds will continue to come out of the phone's speakers. Usually after a restart, it corrects itself and headphones are able to be plugged in and recognized.

I've also noticed that when you get a call while headphones are plugged in and remove the headphones, the sound doesn't start coming from the phone's speakers. Instead the phone thinks that headphones are still connected. Again, a restart fixes the issue.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips? Or is it worth just trying to get a replacement from Blackberry? I've had the phone for about a month and have had this issue since day one. Otherwise, the KEYone is excellent.
    08-10-17 11:02 AM
    Does anyone know how to make the phone ring through the speakers and not the headset when the headset is plugged in?
    08-10-17 01:16 PM
    Has anyone else here ran into any issues with the headphone jack on the KEYone? I'm having a reoccurring issue where often headphones are not recognized and sounds will continue to come out of the phone's speakers. Usually after a restart, it corrects itself and headphones are able to be plugged in and recognized.

I've also noticed that when you get a call while headphones are plugged in and remove the headphones, the sound doesn't start coming from the phone's speakers. Instead the phone thinks that headphones are still connected. Again, a restart fixes the issue.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips? Or is it worth just trying to get a replacement from Blackberry? I've had the phone for about a month and have had this issue since day one. Otherwise, the KEYone is excellent.
    There is a version of Blackberry Virtual Expert which may or may not work on the KeyOne. I found one online but supposedly a newer OS might actually contain it.

It has headphone tests. I'm not sure how the headphone works. I think it may be a combination of physical switch triggered by the plug and software that then reacts to it????

edited to correct reference to wrong device
    Last edited by FF22; 08-11-17 at 08:21 AM.
    08-10-17 03:11 PM
    OP, are you sure the wired earbuds are fully inserted into the 3.5mm jack?
    08-11-17 01:25 AM
    There is a version of Blackberry Virtual Expert which may or may not work on the Priv. I found one online but supposedly a newer OS might actually contain it.

It has headphone tests. I'm not sure how the headphone works. I think it may be a combination of physical switch triggered by the plug and software that then reacts to it????
    Couldn't find it on the Play Store and seeing that I have the KEYone, not the Priv, I'm not too sure it'll apply or work.

OP, are you sure the wired earbuds are fully inserted into the 3.5mm jack?
    Yes, I've verified. I've even tried with a few different headphones, same result. Also made sure the jack is clear of debris.
    08-11-17 07:26 AM
    Couldn't find it on the Play Store and seeing that I have the KEYone, not the Priv, I'm not too sure it'll apply or work.
    Sorry, I did mean the KeyOne (corrected above). And it was found on a 3rd party site, not Google. I can't seem to find the link right now.

And I just ran the test. I showed the Keyone did detect the headphones being plugged in and then played LEFT and Right as an audio test. Mine did pass.
    08-11-17 08:37 AM
    And I just ran the test. I showed the Keyone did detect the headphones being plugged in and then played LEFT and Right as an audio test. Mine did pass.
    Found the apk for Virtual Expert. Unfortunately my phone currently thinks the headphones are plugged in, even though they aren't (kept saying Disconnect Headphones)., so the test failed. Likely a reboot will fix it.

Seems to me like I have botched hardware. Will likely contact Blackberry for a replacement. What's the turn around time for warranty replacements?
    08-11-17 08:48 AM
    Found the apk for Virtual Expert. Unfortunately my phone currently thinks the headphones are plugged in, even though they aren't (kept saying Disconnect Headphones)., so the test failed. Likely a reboot will fix it.

Seems to me like I have botched hardware. Will likely contact Blackberry for a replacement. What's the turn around time for warranty replacements?
    Depends on where you are located apparently! UK seems to require the device to be sent in for inspection, repair or replace. In the US and Canada you can get advanced replacement - you give credit card and they ship a replacement and you ship back bad one. EXCEPT someone with a cdma (Verizon/sprint) device was just asked to return their unit! So from 4 days or so to a week in US and possibly more in UK and other places?
    08-11-17 08:53 AM
    Depends on where you are located apparently! UK seems to require the device to be sent in for inspection, repair or replace. In the US and Canada you can get advanced replacement - you give credit card and they ship a replacement and you ship back bad one. EXCEPT someone with a cdma (Verizon/sprint) device was just asked to return their unit! So from 4 days or so to a week in US and possibly more in UK and other places?
    Thanks for the insight. I'm in the States, so hopefully the advanced replacement is an option.
    08-11-17 08:59 AM

Yes, I've verified. I've even tried with a few different headphones, same result. Also made sure the jack is clear of debris.
    Your smartphone might be defective and should be returned for warranty repair or replacement.
    08-11-17 09:37 PM
    Sounds like the tiny coccnector that connects the mm 3.5mm port to the mother board is defective! Warranty advance exchange!
    08-15-17 01:10 PM
    I am having the same issue. Was this resolved?
    11-30-17 04:46 PM
    Same here. just started about a week ago. Would also like to know if there was a fix.
    12-06-17 08:59 PM
    I just recently got the Black Edition and having that same issue
    12-07-17 02:23 AM
    I just recently got the Black Edition and having that same issue
    I also recently got the blackberry black addition, too. I called Blackberry and they troubleshot the issue with me and ended up sending me a new one. The new one arrived today and the same issue exists on the new phone too! I will call blackberry again and see what to do now. maybe the black edition is somehow defective...
    12-07-17 03:37 PM
    ...edition
    12-07-17 03:39 PM
    After the latest security patch I have not had any problems so far.
    12-07-17 04:45 PM