I am experiencing an annoying “feature” on the BB hub on Android that still seems to persist notwithstanding all updates.

When I am forwarding an email, and wish to select the headers of the forwarded message in order to delete them, I am unable to do so. Hitting the backspace button (delete) does not do anything. Instead, I have to manually go in every header subject line and delete character-by-character manually...

This is of course a major productivity headache. That is not the case on the BB10 hub where everything works like a charm.

Anyone else experiencing this? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.
    03-23-18 01:04 PM
    I have mine set to delete when I swipe the message to the right or left. Seems to work fine for me.
    03-23-18 02:46 PM
    I have mine set to delete when I swipe the message to the right or left. Seems to work fine for me.
    Looks like there is two topic on this ( multiple posts) I'll ask the mods to delete the other ....

Question, are you set up to print from your device to your printer ?

I'm thinking this might be a bug. I currently am having an issue trying to print from the hub

Open email / click 3 dots in the top right / select print/ print preview comes up via hp plug in but only header is shown and not the body of the email
    03-23-18 04:05 PM
    That’s not what I meant. I do not want to delete the entire email. I just want to delete its header (from, to, etc).
    03-23-18 04:27 PM
    That’s not what I meant. I do not want to delete the entire email. I just want to delete its header (from, to, etc).
    I see, you can't get the select box by long pressing it?
    03-23-18 04:45 PM
    It's convoluted, but if you "long press" in the header area, (as suggested by the other user) which starts to highlight the text. Highlight all of the header fields, one of the options is to "cut". That wipes out the header section. The interesting part of this...at least in my tests....it only works with the first " forward". In other words, if you try to "forward" the same email, the "cut" option is not available. I tried "forwarding" another email and the "cut" option was available. Hope this works for your needs. Good luck.
    03-23-18 08:51 PM
    Looks like there is two topic on this ( multiple posts) I'll ask the mods to delete the other ....

Question, are you set up to print from your device to your printer ?

I'm thinking this might be a bug. I currently am having an issue trying to print from the hub

Open email / click 3 dots in the top right / select print/ print preview comes up via hp plug in but only header is shown and not the body of the email
    Wow, I guess I never printed an email. Just other documents and pictures. But you're absolutely right, just t the header prints. This is a huge bug...
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-23-18 09:18 PM
    Wow, I guess I never printed an email. Just other documents and pictures. But you're absolutely right, just t the header prints. This is a huge bug...
    I actually went to the point of calling hp, they trouble shooted it down to the app.

I never call support but I never assumed it was app related
    03-23-18 10:51 PM
    Just to add it's related to the last hub update a few days ago
    03-23-18 10:53 PM
    Just to add it's related to the last hub update a few days ago
    So it may have worked before, good, I thought I've printed an email and never noticed this problem.
    03-24-18 10:00 PM
    So it may have worked before, good, I thought I've printed an email and never noticed this problem.
    Well, we can't completely rule out your inadequacies
    03-24-18 10:06 PM
    Selecting the content of the header is possible. But when I then apply "cut" nothing happens. The option is always visible, but it does nothing. This is an awful bug and something which limits the practical use of the hub. The hub on BB10 worked like a charm in this respect.
    03-27-18 04:07 PM
    My issue is not related to the printer issue. That said, the printer bug is also on my phone (Brother printer). Only the headers show, and not the body of the email.
    03-27-18 04:09 PM
    Well, we can't completely rule out your inadequacies
    I'm adequate, just not overly intrusive...
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-27-18 06:01 PM
    Update: have removed the Brother printing app from the phone to see if that makes any difference but must say it does not. The impossibility to copy/paste and cut headers of forwarded emails persists. This is incredible.
    03-29-18 03:15 AM
    does anyone know how to notify BB Mobile developers team on this bug?
    04-09-18 04:13 AM