Hello.

When i first got my Blackberry key one I noticed the convenience key started to annoy me, because of the way i hold the phone when typing I often tend to misclick it.
    I found a setting to unbind it so it was deactivated. (can't remember how i did this)

After the latest update the convenience key has been reworked/changed abit. And now i can't unbind it (or can 't find out how). It seems like it not possible anymore.

Do anyone know how to unbind it, or should i try to delete the latest update?

Regards
    Henrik
    02-05-18 12:13 AM
    key works still as before as you only use one app to choose instead of two or three apps. so no problem here after update. German BlackBerry KEYone black Edition
    02-05-18 06:32 AM
    Yup, I hit it by accident all the time. Very bad button placement IMO.

With the latest update, there seems to be no native way to turn off the Convenience key any more.
    02-05-18 06:57 AM
    This would be a funny request, but has anyone coded a dummy app that does nothing that one can bind the convenience key too?
    02-05-18 09:29 AM
    Geobueck: yes, but now it seems like it can't be disabled, so when clicked they want you to set it up. If accidentally clicked when performing other tasks it pops up over the program running.

Verybumpy: thats too bad. hope they bring back that option. With all the keybinds on keyboard it's not really neccesary with another shortcut button for me.

Datanr: would be awesome as long as it does not interfere with the program running
    02-07-18 12:24 AM
    I had the Convenience Key set up to start Notable (take a screenshot). I then went in and "cleared" the function/action I had selected. Now when I press the Convenience Key nothing happens. I'm not prompted to program it. I then rebooted the phone to see if I'm prompted to set up the Convenience Kay.... I'm not, so for those trying to unbind the Key to a function might try "clearing" any currently assigned function. At least this worked for me. Hope it works for others.
    The only way for me to assign a function to the key now, is through Settings.

Now.... back to assigning Notables as my quick function. I find this quicker than pressing the volume and power keys simultaneously to take a screenshot.

I'm on AAT498 in case that matters.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-07-18 05:53 AM