Currently I'm able to back up my Classic and restore it to my Q10 using LINK, that way I always have a back up phone, with all the same information, of course less the number of days since the last back up. Before I buy this KEYone I would like to know can I perform this same or similar function? I have a business and I cant afford to lose contacts.
    11-09-17 10:04 AM
    use BlackBerry content transfer it's avaliable on Google play and BlackBerry World once you sync the two phone with it all photos and contacts and calender and notes and BBM will transfer to the KEYone from any BlackBerry 10 smartphone it works but if you have any questions BBM me with PIN D87750F6
    11-09-17 10:49 AM
    Currently I'm able to back up my Classic and restore it to my Q10 using LINK, that way I always have a back up phone, with all the same information, of course less the number of days since the last back up. Before I buy this KEYone I would like to know can I perform this same or similar function? I have a business and I cant afford to lose contacts.
    I use Google for email and succumbed to "Google Knowing it All" or most of it so I also sync my Contacts and Calendar with them. With a NEW (backup) device, if you use the same Google ID (an android feature), it would restore those items as well as any apps.

Content transfer would also work but Android does not have a full-featured backup method like Link. There are a variety of apps that can backup STUFF but since the BB Android's can't be rooted, some backup is more limited.
    11-09-17 03:13 PM
    I've heard of nothing but lag and issues when using BlackBerry Content Transfer.

1) save all your contacts on to Google
    2) Save all your calendar entries on Google Calendar
    3) save all your pictures/videos/docs onto your SD Card

Transfer your SD Card to your new phone and Log in to your Google Account on your new phone = Voila! everything automatically populates (this works with any new phone)
    11-10-17 07:09 PM
    Thanks SuperTom, I was wondering if there was a way where I didn't have to put all my personal info out in cyberspace ("Google Knowing it all") ;-).

That's why I was comfortable with backing up my phone (Classic) on my computer and transferring it to my back up phone (Q10) the same way.

It looks like I'm going to try it the hard way first, (Content Transfer) and see how it goes. I wish there was a way to just save everything on your SD card, that way you just take everything with you when you want to! Maybe I should patent that thought, but knowing you guys somebody had to think about that already! :-) DMDJ
    FF22 likes this.
    11-15-17 10:39 AM
    I've heard of nothing but lag and issues when using BlackBerry Content Transfer.

1) save all your contacts on to Google
    2) Save all your calendar entries on Google Calendar
    3) save all your pictures/videos/docs onto your SD Card

Transfer your SD Card to your new phone and Log in to your Google Account on your new phone = Voila! everything automatically populates (this works with any new phone)
    It usually tries to transfer to BlackBerry Contacts and calender first before it tries to move to the Google one
    11-16-17 08:58 AM
    BlackBerry Content Transfer worked well, but not well enough.

My Contacts populated anyway, before using BlackBerry Content Transfer, because they were ATT, Outlook, LinkedIn, etc.
    I had most of my documents, photos, videos, etc. on my SD card.

I used BlackBerry Content Transfer to get SMS, Notes (from the Remember app) and a few remaining items and it worked great.

The only issue I have now is how to transfer the notes from my BB10 Noted app. I haven't found a way to do that, yet.
    11-22-17 07:31 AM
    Those are all some great points and thoughts ;-). However, I haven't heard any comments about the absolute best way to transfer data from the Classic to the Keyone, and how to back up my K1? I used that content transfer but it doesn't bring over everything. In fact one of the key things that I need badly is my password keeper! Am I going to have to re-type all of them into my K1? Also the number of texts I had on my Classic (40K) and the number transferred (3.5K) didn't even put a dent in the 40K :-(. I know people are probably thinking why do I need to keep so many text? Well it's simple I run a business and customers liked to be remembered, and I like to remember them as well, even if it was a conversations 3yrs ago! :-) DMDJ
    11-28-17 05:23 AM
    Those are all some great points and thoughts ;-). However, I haven't heard any comments about the absolute best way to transfer data from the Classic to the Keyone, and how to back up my K1? I used that content transfer but it doesn't bring over everything. In fact one of the key things that I need badly is my password keeper! Am I going to have to re-type all of them into my K1? Also the number of texts I had on my Classic (40K) and the number transferred (3.5K) didn't even put a dent in the 40K :-(. I know people are probably thinking why do I need to keep so many text? Well it's simple I run a business and customers liked to be remembered, and I like to remember them as well, even if it was a conversations 3yrs ago! :-) DMDJ
    No you wouldn't have to do that with password keeper. Simply go into password keeper on current device and export. Save the file and move it to PC by drag or drop or even emailing it to your self. Or if you have an SD card you are going to use in the KEYone, save it there. Then simply import the file into password keeper app on the KEYone.
    Oh and this whole process can be done with contacts as well by exporting a csv file then importing into contacts App on new device.
    11-28-17 06:40 AM
    LOL, Thanks Ray, It's not simple if you don't know! ;-) How do you export? I went to my password keeper on my Classic and I didn't see any options to export. Do I need to be connected to my PC, do I connect with Link......???? Scratching my head :-). Maybe I need to go to You Tube for a visual :-). DMDJ
    11-28-17 07:07 AM
    LOL, Thanks Ray, It's not simple if you don't know! ;-) How do you export? I went to my password keeper on my Classic and I didn't see any options to export. Do I need to be connected to my PC, do I connect with Link......???? Scratching my head :-). Maybe I need to go to You Tube for a visual :-). DMDJ
    Lol sorry didn't mean to make it sound like you should simply know but that the process is simple to do. Go into setting in password keeper and there should be an import/export option. Then just Export the file to storage. Find in it your file manager and either move it to PC so you can then drag and drop onto new device or email it to yourself or put it on you SD card if you have one you will be using on new device so you can then import it into password keeper there.
    11-28-17 08:30 AM
    Since I don't really do much texting, Content Transfer served my purpose. I know that folks have used a 3rd party app to transfer much larger numbers of texts but unfortunately I don't recall its name.
    11-28-17 09:20 AM
    Transferring Photos from Classic to Keyone with Content Transfer - my classic had 1300 photos, only 132 would transfer via content transfer
    12-18-17 10:56 PM
    Transferring Photos from Classic to Keyone with Content Transfer - my classic had 1300 photos, only 132 would transfer via content transfer
    I don't know why Content Transfer failed to move most of your photos. But moving files like Photos, music, videos and even pdf/docs, I just do it manually. I think it is quicker manually from some reports of how long it took Content Transfer to do it. I would either copy from the Classic to a computer and then to the KeyOne. Or move the sd-card if that's where they are stored.
    12-19-17 08:57 AM
    Just curious... Everything I've read about Content Transfer says it's used for transferring data from a BB10 device to a BB Android device. Will it also work to transfer TO a non-BB Android device? I can't see why not but I thought I'd ask.

Also, data is not erased from the source device is it, i.e. is it a copy or a move that gets done?
    12-21-17 02:25 PM
    Just curious... Everything I've read about Content Transfer says it's used for transferring data from a BB10 device to a BB Android device. Will it also work to transfer TO a non-BB Android device? I can't see why not but I thought I'd ask.

Also, data is not erased from the source device is it, i.e. is it a copy or a move that gets done?
    Data is COPIED (moved would delete from original).

It can be used between BB Android devices. I don't know if it is available in general from the Playstore or limited to BB devices? Someone with another brand can check.
    12-21-17 05:56 PM
    It is available in the Playstore and I've installed it on a non-BB Android. It runs but I haven't yet used it to do an actual transfer. I wasn't sure if there might be some gotcha with a non-BB Android.
    12-21-17 06:12 PM
    What if your old device is dead?!?!? I've always waited for my old phone to die before getting a new phone and have never had a problem transferring my last backup data file from my old BB to my new BB without the old device--until now!

My Q10 died (drowned in a flash flood) and both ATT and BB support say there's no way to transfer my backup data file from my Q10 to my KeyOne without the Q10 working?!?!? What's the point of backing up my data? I can't believe BB didn't think of a work-around for this very common situation of users moving from BB OS to BB Android OS!?!
    08-16-18 04:58 PM
    What's the point of backing up my data? I can't believe BB didn't think of a work-around for this very common situation of users moving from BB OS to BB Android OS!?!
    Well, you have a point about the work-around..but the reason for backup is to have a backup to reload, but of course, when they included that option in BBOS/BB10, they didn't already know people would be moving to Android. Doesn't negate the reasoning for having a backup.
    08-16-18 09:46 PM
    Well, you have a point about the work-around..but the reason for backup is to have a backup to reload, but of course, when they included that option in BBOS/BB10, they didn't already know people would be moving to Android. Doesn't negate the reasoning for having a backup.
    Can a cheap used backup allow needed access to damaged AT&T Q10 backup and then be moved over to KEYone?
    08-16-18 11:18 PM
    Can a cheap used backup allow needed access to damaged AT&T Q10 backup and then be moved over to KEYone?
    Sure, any beat up but still working BB10 device would allow for the backup to be loaded and moved to Android. Provided you can get BlackBerry Link to work, that is, which is another caveat. Doesn't play so nice these days on Windows 10 or Mac, but it's still possible.
    08-16-18 11:19 PM
    What if your old device is dead?!?!? I've always waited for my old phone to die before getting a new phone and have never had a problem transferring my last backup data file from my old BB to my new BB without the old device--until now!

My Q10 died (drowned in a flash flood) and both ATT and BB support say there's no way to transfer my backup data file from my Q10 to my KeyOne without the Q10 working?!?!? What's the point of backing up my data? I can't believe BB didn't think of a work-around for this very common situation of users moving from BB OS to BB Android OS!?!
    If that important, one solution, get another used BB10 device to access your last backup...and Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!
    08-16-18 11:22 PM
    If that important, one solution, get another used BB10 device to access your last backup...and Welcome to CrackBerry!!!!!
    Thanks for the welcome, Chuck.

As for whether my passwords/contacts/calendar/etc are important: um, yea, they're important. I figured this proprietary data would be safe--and accessible--if I continued to use BB as I have since 2003. I guess I was wrong. Buying two devices should not be the only option--or even an option.
    08-17-18 10:25 AM
    Perhaps, but when BB developed an Android phone they knew people would be moving from BB OS to BB Android. Should have developed a work around then, right?
    08-17-18 10:29 AM
    Perhaps, but when BB developed an Android phone they knew people would be moving from BB OS to BB Android. Should have developed a work around then, right?
    Yes. But for content transfer, your BB10 device needs to be functioning since the content transfer itself could be considered roundabout solution. Most BB10 users have more than one device or buy a cheap temp, access backup, wipe device and resell on eBay.
    08-17-18 05:25 PM