I've been a long time BB user (8220-9700-9800-Classic-Z30) and I have just got the KEYone. It takes a little getting used to but it's a very nice sleek phone.

I have used the BB Content Transfer app to move the normal data over but my apps data hasn't moved. I don't use FB or anything else like that so don't really want to sign up for them to move app data from one phone to another.

I have also tried plugging my Z30 and KEYone into my pc at the same time to see if I could move the data over that way but the KEYone doesn't show anything up on my pc.

When I say apps I generally mean games. The apps were either downloaded via Amazon or GPS if this makes any difference. I just don't want to lose years worth of gaming :-)

If anyone has any suggestions it will be appreciated.
    05-12-17 06:03 AM
    Go to the Amazon and Google stores on your K1 and see if your apps shows up under My Apps.

I doubt you're going to be able to transfer your games data, which I suspect is actually what you want.

In order to transfer data when connected to a PC, your K1 needs to be unlocked and you need to use the pop-up menu or swipe down from the top to change from Charging mode to Data Transfer mode.

Hi,

Thanks for the help with the data and charge option when plugged in as I didn't know about it.

I have managed to transfer the data between the phones but when I download the apps the data isn't being read for some reason.

So I've had to join Facebook to transfer some game data which has worked for some games but not all.

Thanks again for the help
    Combined for best answer!
    They don't transfer; you have to start over
    05-12-17 06:23 AM
    Go to the Amazon and Google stores on your K1 and see if your apps shows up under My Apps.

I doubt you're going to be able to transfer your games data, which I suspect is actually what you want.

In order to transfer data when connected to a PC, your K1 needs to be unlocked and you need to use the pop-up menu or swipe down from the top to change from Charging mode to Data Transfer mode.
    05-12-17 09:39 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the help with the data and charge option when plugged in as I didn't know about it.

I have managed to transfer the data between the phones but when I download the apps the data isn't being read for some reason.

So I've had to join Facebook to transfer some game data which has worked for some games but not all.

pkcable likes this.
    05-15-17 07:04 AM

Hi,

Combined for best answer!
    05-15-17 09:24 AM

You can save Candy Crush data and restore it to another smartphone via Google Drive via an in-app feature. Most other games store their data on the smartphone but whether you can copy it I do not know.
    06-01-17 10:49 PM