I'm sorry if this has been touched on before in other threads and posts - I did a search and I found nothing. To all my Aussie Blackberry fans - how have you solved a warranty issues with Blackberry TCL?

I have had to send my phone into repair, on the advice of Blackberry - to an Australian repair agency - RoadHound Electronics (check them out on Google...terrible reviews). I was scared to send my phone to them from the start but was left with little option to do anything else (my screen fell off).

Long story short I sent my phone to them on 20 Oct - up until today I have been told my phone was lost and they couldn't find it (they blamed Toll even tho it was showing as the consignment was delivered on 23 Oct).

Today, after writing a massive complaint to RoadHound, the manager calls and tells me the phone was never lost, its been there all along but have been waiting for Blackberry to send them a replacement device, she doesn't know how long that will be but it could be another month.... whaaaaaaaaaaa?

I did email Blackberry/TCL when I was first advised of my phone being lost and that I suggest they review who they use for repair, and asked them to help me resolve the issue. they basically said 'not our problem, speak to the repairer, case closed'.

An absolute joke, so the repairer blames BB and BB blames the repairer, meanwhile I'm now just shy of a month without my phone... and looking at another month without it. How is this good enough in this day and age? Who's lying?

What have you guys done to address warranty issues in Australia?
    11-16-17 08:25 PM
    At least under British law, you would have the right to "reject the goods" after this time, i.e. demand a refund of the price paid, and could enforce that through the courts. That right is against the retailer you bought the phone from. Retailer can give you extra rights e.g. warranties, but can't take the statutory ones away. Would expect your statutory rights to be the same in Oz.
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    11-17-17 02:29 AM
    11-17-17 03:27 AM
    I'm sorry if this has been touched on before in other threads and posts - I did a search and I found nothing. To all my Aussie Blackberry fans - how have you solved a warranty issues with Blackberry TCL?
    Sending over a PM here on CrackBerry to your inbox so we can help you further on this concern. This is not the kind of experience we want any customer to face, we look forward to assisting you.
    gizmo21 and Midnightflyer like this.
    11-17-17 07:14 PM
    Thanks for your response.. i have replied. I really hope I can get this sorted with you.
    11-18-17 08:04 PM
    Just got off the phone to manager at RoadHound who can only tell me they are still awaiting BlackBerry to get back to them about my replacement device, and it hasn't even shipped from their warehouse yet... tried calling BB Australia all i keep getting is 'this number has been disconnected' what is going on with this company.... beyond angry
    11-19-17 11:46 PM
    thats a good quick response from cb team!
    guys can give us any link where we can check our keyone warranty status and the service centers!
    11-20-17 12:35 AM
    thats a good quick response from cb team!
    guys can give us any link where we can check our keyone warranty status and the service centers!
    Don't be fooled by quick responses on this forum, still awaiting to hear anything from Blackberry or my repairer....
    11-22-17 12:51 AM
    That's good to know, even not good for you.
    jackstar86 likes this.
    11-22-17 04:39 PM
    To update those who might have been interested - Blackberry/Alcatel/TCL (shout out to Stu) finally came through for me, and thankfully they did! The repairer remained unhelpful, however once Stu finally caught wind of the issue, it was resolved in days, he listened and understood the issue. Alcatel is now reviewing the AU repair company to hopefully stop this sort of poor customer service happening again in the future. Happy days, thanks BB!
    Midnightflyer likes this.
    11-30-17 10:41 PM
    Great to hear and to help others, who is Stu?
    12-02-17 01:53 AM

I have had to send my phone into repair, on the advice of Blackberry - to an Australian repair agency - RoadHound Electronics (check them out on Google...terrible reviews). I was scared to send my phone to them from the start but was left with little option to do anything else (my screen fell off).

Long story short I sent my phone to them on 20 Oct - up until today I have been told my phone was lost and they couldn't find it (they blamed Toll even tho it was showing as the consignment was delivered on 23 Oct).

Today, after writing a massive complaint to RoadHound, the manager calls and tells me the phone was never lost, its been there all along but have been waiting for Blackberry to send them a replacement device, she doesn't know how long that will be but it could be another month.... whaaaaaaaaaaa?

I did email Blackberry/TCL when I was first advised of my phone being lost and that I suggest they review who they use for repair, and asked them to help me resolve the issue. they basically said 'not our problem, speak to the repairer, case closed'.

An absolute joke, so the repairer blames BB and BB blames the repairer, meanwhile I'm now just shy of a month without my phone... and looking at another month without it. How is this good enough in this day and age? Who's lying?

What have you guys done to address warranty issues in Australia?
    Wow too bad man..... I'm from Malaysia, and sent my Keyone Black claims, only Two days and they call me to collect my device.

They do new screen replacement for me.
    12-20-17 04:27 PM
    Yes, can you please give the contact info for Stu?? I bought a KEYone in October and have been trying ever since to speak to a legit representative for all the problems I'm having with it. I find it outrageous that any company would deal with customers in this manner.
    01-04-18 01:10 PM
    TCL is a laughing stock of the mobile phone industry.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 04:49 PM