I got an outside file manager app and it works. I have some ringtones downloaded. When I go to settings to change my ringtone, it brings me only to the set ringtones or my music folder. I cannot go to my File Manager to choose my ringtone from there. How to I choose from File Manager?
    Last edited by spennygoose; 06-09-17 at 04:45 PM.
    06-09-17 04:15 PM
    You don't. The file manager is to be used to move your ringtone into the ringtones folder. Once you have moved the file into the ringtones folder, using the file manager, your ringtone will be selectable via the system settings.
    06-09-17 04:22 PM
    My second question then is : how to I move my downloaded ringtones to my ringtone folder? Or music to my ringtone folder ?
    06-09-17 04:44 PM
    Where is my ringtone folder?
    06-09-17 04:49 PM
    I'm also trying to figure out how to set a ringtone for a contact. I edit, and change, but it doesn't seem to save.
    COGICberry likes this.
    06-09-17 05:34 PM
    for a file manager, I use ASUS File Manager as I think that is the best free option.

Your ringtone folder is on your internal storage as "Ringtones"

Your Notification tones folder is on your internal storage as "Notifications"

Copying your downloaded ringtones to any of the above folders is App Specific and you will need to figure that out for yourself. In ASUS File Manager, you press and hold the file to select it, then press the 3 dots in the upper right corner to select "Copy to" and select, Internal storage, and then "Ringtones"

Setting a ringtone to a specific contact is done in your Blackberry "Contacts" app. Select the "pencil" to edit your contact. Then select the "3 dots" in the upper right hand corner and select "set ringtone"
    rolfep likes this.
    06-09-17 06:03 PM
    I don't have an option to copy to "ringtones"
    And every time I set the ringtone for a contact (like your instructions). It doesn't 'save'. The ringtone stays a the default
    06-09-17 06:16 PM
    And every time I set the ringtone for a contact (like your instructions). It doesn't 'save'. The ringtone stays a the default
    after you set the ringtone, you need to press the "Check" mark in the upper left corner to save..
    06-09-17 06:25 PM
    Finally! Something worked. Now if I can figure out why my BBM is silent, when I clearly have it set to a notification, I'll be happy
    06-09-17 06:47 PM
    Actually, it didn't work. I did exactly what you said, and it's not saving the ringtone to the contact.
    06-09-17 08:27 PM
    Actually, it didn't work. I did exactly what you said, and it's not saving the ringtone to the contact.
    Not sure what your doing, but it works fine on my KEYone.
    06-11-17 03:37 AM
    I figured it out...I have to use my account settings in BBM to change the tone.
    07-28-17 08:34 PM
    12-18-17 09:40 AM