I bought a new KEYone black limited edition recently. The phone works great in the US but I cannot turn the hotspot on. Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have AT&T and hotspot works fine on the phones of my family members.
    10-27-17 08:41 AM
    I bought a new KEYone black limited edition recently. The phone works great in the US but I cannot turn the hotspot on. Any thoughts on how to fix this? I have AT&T and hotspot works fine on the phones of my family members.
    Can you explain what happens when you try to turn it on? Is it grayed out?
    10-27-17 09:41 AM
    It is grayed out.
    10-27-17 11:22 AM
    Okay, which one is the limited edition? The increased memory and/or the dual sim slot?

I was surprised a week ago, when I was able to use the hotspot on my Verizon/cdma version.
    10-27-17 05:00 PM
    the one with increased memory and storage.
    10-28-17 12:09 AM
    the one with increased memory and storage.
    So the next question is whether it is restricted by AT&T since it is not the phone offered by them? I guess you could contact their tech support and see what you can learn.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    10-28-17 08:25 AM
    I'm having the same issue. 64GB Black Edition on AT&T Sim. Everything works great except Hotspot. I can configure the hotspot setting, however it will not Toggle On. I found a painful workaround in the forums: Power off phone, remove sim, power on phone, toggle on hotspot, install sim. Then the hotspot service works until you turn it off. Definitely seems like an At&t restriction. I call them up and they escalated the issue. I should hear back in 3-4 days. Will report back.
    11-05-17 10:03 AM
    Quick update - I ended up buying a Canadian Keyone Black Edition (PRD-63116-039) from Blueshop and I can confirm the At&t Hotspot functionality works as expected. It's the International version (PRD-63116-042) that has the hotspot disabled in my experience. So if you need hotspot capability with At&t sim, I would stick with the -039. I will be returning my -042 International version. On a side note, this does not appear to be a hardware or software issue, I believe At&t is to blame here. I also tried to have At&t provision my -042 IMEI with no luck.
    Last edited by JGUZEK; 11-11-17 at 10:01 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-17 08:06 AM
    I'm having the same issue. 64GB Black Edition on AT&T Sim. Everything works great except Hotspot. I can configure the hotspot setting, however it will not Toggle On. I found a painful workaround in the forums: Power off phone, remove sim, power on phone, toggle on hotspot, install sim. Then the hotspot service works until you turn it off. Definitely seems like an At&t restriction. I call them up and they escalated the issue. I should hear back in 3-4 days. Will report back.
    Gents, I have this exact same issue. Mine does not have the dual sim (that i know of) just the 64 gb and 4 gb ram. I'm currently using the workaround and its okay. However I wanted to see if you were able to get a resolution with AT&T or BlackBerry? Thanks in advance.
    12-29-17 01:22 AM
    Just downloaded and installed build ABA693 this morning. The hotspot feature is up and running!
    06-26-18 03:04 PM
    Gents, I have this exact same issue. Mine does not have the dual sim (that i know of) just the 64 gb and 4 gb ram. I'm currently using the workaround and its okay. However I wanted to see if you were able to get a resolution with AT&T or BlackBerry? Thanks in advance.
    Strange. Do you have hotspot with your plan? I am able to turn on the hotspot on my unlocked silver. I have never called AT&T to provision my phone. Just popped in the SIM card. I have, though, used this same SIM card with many phones.
    06-27-18 12:26 PM