About once a day the right half of my screen turns into pink static. Touch still responds and the phone does not crash. Quickly sleeping and waking the screen immediately fixes the problem. Any amount of tapping or hitting the phone during the issue does noting.

Trying to see if I have a hardware issue or if this is known and something in software.

Thanks in advance

UPDATE 6/28/17
    Happening on my replacement phone as well. Not a repair, brand new.

Half of screen turns pink-img_20170628_153638.jpg

Video:
    Last edited by compuboy04; 06-28-17 at 02:52 PM.
    06-10-17 12:17 PM
    About once a day the right half of my screen turns into pink static. Touch still responds and the phone does not crash. Quickly sleeping and waking the screen immediately fixes the problem. Any amount of tapping or hitting the phone during the issue does noting.

Trying to see if I have a hardware issue or if this is known and something in software.

Thanks in advance
    warranty claim time

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    06-10-17 01:07 PM
    warranty claim time

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    Thanks. I thought so but wanted to at least get one other person's opinion. I got it from Amazon so i'm just going to wait until the last possible minute and request a defective return. I'm not filing a claim for something I had less than 14 days. Already placed a new order. Lets see if everything works with the stock (backorder currently) and I don't need to switch back to my Q10 before needing to return the defective one
    06-10-17 02:53 PM
    don't wait if I were you. go get it replaced. your blue LCD lines might have high resistance and got intermittent fault. Get a new replacement unit asap. most likely, it will not get better... So far it is 1st incident on the Forum, look like a fluke... why wait?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-17 04:36 PM
    don't wait if I were you. go get it replaced. your blue LCD lines might have high resistance and got intermittent fault. Get a new replacement unit asap. most likely, it will not get better... So far it is 1st incident on the Forum, look like a fluke... why wait?
    I think you misunderstood me. Im not waiting. Im in the US and ordered from amazon. They are currently out of stock but I place an order for a replacement. I am going to wait until I get that replacement and THEN return my current one as long as I get it before the 30 day window. If its past the window I will have to use my Q10 until the new one I ordered today comes in
    stlabrat likes this.
    06-10-17 05:12 PM
    Just use the one half that works.

Send it back
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-17 05:17 PM

Thanks in advance
    I'm interested in a pic. Can you make screen shot?
    It's good to have a visual so that others can identify if they have the same issue in the coming days. Thxs.
    06-10-17 05:24 PM
    I'm interested in a pic. Can you make screen shot?
    It's good to have a visual so that others can identify if they have the same issue in the coming days. Thxs.
    Will take a pic with another phone and upload next time it happens if possible. Best way to describe it is exactly down the middle of the lcd the right side turns into white and pink static kind of like snow on a TV screen. The left side gets a bit jittery but still appears normal. If I tap the power button off then on (not reboot just sleep then wake) everything corrects itself.

At this point im fairly certain its hardware but taking a screenshot would confirm its not if the glitch appears on that. Good idea. Reguardless I have a replacement coming if needed
    06-10-17 05:27 PM
    While you're waiting, try reloading Android with a KEYone autoloader. If that resolves the problem, then keep both KEYone smartphones so that you'll indeed never be without one.

Best of luck. Perhaps the reloading Android experience could be helpful for you so that you know how to do that if you don't already.
    06-12-17 12:01 AM
    An update!
    I replaced my phone and after about a week of use the exact same thing happens. As I described, the screen gets fuzzy/jittery and half of it turns to pink static. I have attached a picture and a video showing how a simple off and on fixes it immediately.

Half of screen turns pink-img_20170628_153638.jpg

Video:
    06-28-17 02:50 PM
    this happened to my keyone on my 2nd day of ownership (right side screen static)... since then, it hasn't happened again. I wonder what could be triggering it?
    06-30-17 12:43 PM
    Is that the split screen function in landscape mode?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 03:14 PM