Hi, when I press the circle button (or the convenience key because I assigned it to do that) Google assistant doesn't work with voice answers, just search results.

I installed the Pixel launcher and I don't know what else to do... Am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks in advance.
    05-10-17 03:39 AM
    Is your Google assistant on?

To check tap your Google widget...tap the G....menu top left...settings....Google assistant settings....toggle on
    pkcable likes this.
    05-10-17 05:08 AM
    Hi, when I press the circle button (or the convenience key because I assigned it to do that) Google assistant doesn't work with voice answers, just search results.
    For me, holding the circle button doesn't do anything. And I can't find a way to assign the "Assist" feature to the convenience key...

How did you do that?
    05-11-17 08:59 AM
    For me, holding the circle button doesn't do anything. And I can't find a way to assign the "Assist" feature to the convenience key...

How did you do that?
    Settings - Convenience Key - Apps - Google

Press the circle and wait for the Google assistant to launch (it won't go directly to the Voice assistant like the Pixel, you have to press the micro in the landing page).
    pkcable likes this.
    05-11-17 09:13 AM
    Settings - Convenience Key - Apps - Google
    That works fine, now. It brings up the Google App, but I have to manually click on the microphone icon - like you said.

Press the circle and wait for the Google assistant to launch
    See, that's what doesn't work. Long-pressing the Home (Circle) button only brings me to the launcher. It doesn't open the "Assist"-Feature (Google Now or Google Assistant).
    05-11-17 09:27 AM
    Did you try what I posted above???
    05-11-17 07:17 PM
    I am also having this problem, okay google works it just won't speak to me. I've tried the settings and everything is on that should be.
    If I say 'okay google' it brings up the information but silently.
    05-12-17 02:38 AM
    I am also having this problem, okay google works it just won't speak to me. I've tried the settings and everything is on that should be.
    If I say 'okay google' it brings up the information but silently.
    When you first open assistant its not supposed to talk to you it's supposed to beep. The fact that it does not beep is a known bug and affects other android phones also.

What I don't understand however is that sometimes it gives me answers to my questions verbally other time it's on screen info.
    05-12-17 05:23 AM
    When you first open assistant its not supposed to talk to you it's supposed to beep. The fact that it does not beep is a known bug and affects other android phones also.
    I don't get a beep and the information that used to be read to me is only displayed. I had an update for the Google app this morning but it hasn't made a difference. All settings are on, I've triple checked.
    05-12-17 05:32 AM
    I don't get a beep and the information that used to be read to me is only displayed. I had an update for the Google app this morning but it hasn't made a difference. All settings are on, I've triple checked.
    From what I could find out both the beep and sporadic talk back is an issue that affect other phones as well not just the KeyOne. I've tried different fixes and nothing works. Started happening in nougat.
    05-12-17 05:55 AM
    From what I could find out both the beep and sporadic talk back is an issue that affect other phones as well not just the KeyOne. I've tried different fixes and nothing works. Started happening in nougat.
    Thank you very much, hopefully the problem will be rectified soon. At least I'm not the only person, it was starting to bug me. I don't know why as I hardly use it, I just like things to work properly. That's the only little problem I've had so far though.
    05-12-17 06:00 AM
    Its not a tech problem it's a nougat default setting. Turning it on is in options somewhere, not sure . I googled the answers and turned the talkback on. It didn't work until I rebooted the device.
    05-12-17 06:42 PM
    Settings

Google

Search

Voice

Speech output on

Reboot.
    05-12-17 07:55 PM
    Its not a tech problem it's a nougat default setting. Turning it on is in options somewhere, not sure . I googled the answers and turned the talkback on. It didn't work until I rebooted the device.
    Talkback is an accessibility setting. Has nothing to do with this. The problem with assistant (it is well documented to affect many devices not just KeyOne) is that sometimes it answers back sometimes it does not. Example: what's the weather like? Assistant does not talk back. It just shows the weather in the screen. Example 2: tell me about my day. Assistant talks back with pertinent info.

So...if assistant talks back in some instances then all voice settings are correctly set.

It's a bug.
    05-12-17 08:03 PM
    Hmm I got it to work yesterday. But it's not working again today.

There's ok google talkback settings and theres device talkback settings. Two different settings

Ok google is asking navigation questions but not talking me through what I told it to do

Sounds like I occasionally need to look at my phone while driving.

Well that's annoying.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/forums...e-5.html%3Famp
    05-12-17 08:40 PM