I find, on average twice a day, that the fingerprint sensor will fail to wake and unlock my KeyOne, even after repeated tries with different registered fingerprints.

The phone's processor isn't under any strain at the time, and the only way to wake it in these situations is to press the power key on the side. Then the fingerprint sensor works to wake the phone after that.

99% of the time the fingerprint sensor works fine to wake the phone, but I'm confused about the odd occasions it doesn't. Does the phone go into a "deep sleep" mode which prevents the sensor from registering a finger?
    05-17-17 04:25 AM
    I find, on average twice a day, that the fingerprint sensor will fail to wake and unlock my KeyOne, even after repeated tries with different registered fingerprints.

The phone's processor isn't under any strain at the time, and the only way to wake it in these situations is to press the power key on the side. Then the fingerprint sensor works to wake the phone after that.

99% of the time the fingerprint sensor works fine to wake the phone, but I'm confused about the odd occasions it doesn't. Does the phone go into a "deep sleep" mode which prevents the sensor from registering a finger?
    I've been experiencing this from day one, and also, double tap sometimes doesn't wake device.
    05-17-17 05:07 AM
    Same exact experience since I got the phone as well, works most of the time. But there are many times where the fingerprint sensor doesn't do anything. Hopefully a software update can fix or improve this.
    05-17-17 09:53 AM
    Same exact experience since I got the phone as well, works most of the time. But there are many times where the fingerprint sensor doesn't do anything. Hopefully a software update can fix or improve this.
    Same for me. Do you think the Scanner is perhaps Set into a Kind of sleep-mode in order to save battery?
    05-19-17 05:25 AM
    Could be, but I hope not. Battery is good enough, but not being able to reliably unlock the phone is an issue. Guessing software update can fix it.
    05-19-17 05:31 PM
    Can confirm this bug on version AAK879. Experienced it today for the first after two days of use. Occured twice and not even after a long time period.
    05-22-17 02:14 PM
    Update to AAL093, or wait for further regular updates. I'm sure these little things will be ironed out.
    http://54.247.87.13/softwareupgrade/BBM/
    05-22-17 02:34 PM
    Update to AAL093, or wait for further regular updates. I'm sure these little things will be ironed out.
    Index of /softwareupgrade/BBM
    Does AAL update fix it?
    05-22-17 05:57 PM
    Does AAL update fix it?
    I can't say. I don't have my KEYᵒⁿᵉ yet. I've heard it fixes a number of things though.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    05-22-17 05:58 PM
    Can confirm this bug on version AAK879. Experienced it today for the first after two days of use. Occured twice and not even after a long time period.
    I have the same version but never faced with such an issue.
    05-23-17 01:55 PM
    From my observations, i have noticed that my devices finger sensor only doesn't wake phone after it has been in my pocket for an hour or so. I use the power button to wake screen then use finger sensor as normal.
    Before i noticed the thread i just thought it was in a deep sleep and hadnt thought it a problem.
    05-23-17 02:03 PM
    From my observations, i have noticed that my devices finger sensor only doesn't wake phone after it has been in my pocket for an hour or so.
    Oh, very observant. You could be totally right. As you say so it only happened to me when the KEYone was in my pcket before.
    Maybe it's some kind of protection. If it's the case chances are there it could be fixed.

Keeping that in mind I will watch out for this.

//EDIT: After observing this issue I can say it's only happening when pulling the phone out of the pocket. It doesn't have to happen, but it does. It did not happen once, when picking up from a table or something like this.
    Last edited by apt-get; 06-06-17 at 04:52 PM.
    05-23-17 03:57 PM
    Same problem on mine. AAK879
    06-24-17 02:05 AM
    my bb keyone finger print censor stopped working, i reset it and try to use it again, and nothing. it seem the censor does not read my finger at all no vibrations either. please help!!!!!!!!
    06-29-17 08:13 AM
    I have same issue too with AAL682. I don't think the device goes to deep sleep because it actually vibrates when I touch my finger on the sensor. It means that the device detects my finger and responds with a rejection to unlock. This happens intermittently and more than 1-2 times a day in my case.
    07-13-17 01:13 AM
    my bb keyone finger print censor stopped working, i reset it and try to use it again, and nothing. it seem the censor does not read my finger at all no vibrations either. please help!!!!!!!!
    I have this same problem. - Posted Via BlackBerry KEYone
    09-09-17 10:52 PM
    You can use the *#2886# and check the fingerprint scanner and the lights. I had to send a keyone back cuz the scanner was dead. No lights and wouldn't read a finger.
    09-09-17 11:49 PM
    You can use the *#2886# and check the fingerprint scanner and the lights. I had to send a keyone back cuz the scanner was dead. No lights and wouldn't read a finger.
    Do you know if that @# sequence triggers the Dtek "OS compromised" issue? Some of those sequences appear to affect the Dtek app resulting in it showing that the OS has been breached.

The one showing Date-of-Manufacture appears to be okay. But another I tried a while back did affect Dtek.
    09-10-17 09:43 AM
    Do you know if that @# sequence triggers the Dtek "OS compromised" issue? Some of those sequences appear to affect the Dtek app resulting in it showing that the OS has been breached.

The one showing Date-of-Manufacture appears to be okay. But another I tried a while back did affect Dtek.
    I am not sure. I have read on here it does. But I've used it to confirm my scanner was broken on one keyone. And used it to test other stuff on a broken screen keyone. Basically I've used it on all three Keyones I've sent back. I wanted to confirm it was Def a hardware issue on the fingerprint scanner before I claimed another warranty exchange They never charged my credit card or tried to say I tampered with the os.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-17 09:50 AM