Quick question, my cousin has the Keyone and he had the fingerprint security setting enable. For some reason now it is missing. How would he get it back??
    Attached Thumbnails Fingerprint option missing in security-img_20170715_221625.jpg  
    07-15-17 09:35 PM
    I think if you go set a password again, the option within will say "Add Fingerptint"
    07-15-17 11:30 PM
    I think if you go set a password again, the option within will say "Add Fingerptint"
    I don't see that option. Its like it completely vanish and he was using fine before. I am not sure what happened but he does need that option back. Any other advice will be greatly appreciated
    07-15-17 11:42 PM
    Same problem here. Couldn't set up fingerprint (I tried to scan fingerprints 25-30 times with no result) and then the fingerprint option in screen lock was missing. I did several factory reset, but the same result.
    07-16-17 05:25 AM
    Same problem here. Couldn't set up fingerprint (I tried to scan fingerprints 25-30 times with no result) and then the fingerprint option in screen lock was missing. I did several factory reset, but the same result.
    It is so weird, I am not sure what would cause this to happen hopefully we can get a solution to get it fixed
    07-16-17 08:05 AM
    in Password keeper / settings / password keeper password / use fingerprint I have the message: No fingerprint scanner detected
    07-16-17 09:36 AM
    in Password keeper / settings / password keeper password / use fingerprint I have the message: No fingerprint scanner detected
    Interesting, I just went to open Password Keeper....was surprised to NOT see "use touchsensor"..and thought, oh I'm missing the fingerprint also...opened Password Keeper with a password....checked the settings...Password Keeper Password....the option to use the the fingerprint was unchecked....activated it...now the option to use the touchsensor is available to open Password Keeper....however it does Not work...must use a password ....rebooted the phone....touchsensor is available but does not work....the only thing I can thing of is that it may have something to do with the fact that I have added a third finger sensor...another person. Strange

Posted using Z30 on CB

Edit.....user error...user error....kept pressing on the words "use touch sensor" rather than the space bar...DUH!!!
    Last edited by fixit1971; 07-16-17 at 10:30 AM.
    07-16-17 10:15 AM
    Same issue here. Was working fine yesterday. When I discovered the phone wasn't reading my fingerprint, I removed my two existing fingerprints and tried to add a new one. Couldn't add new one because spacebar wouldn't read my fingerprint at all.

Restarted the phone and faced the same issue. This time the fingerprint options wasn't there under security (just like yours). Hoping for a software patch.
    07-16-17 06:39 PM
    Same issue here. Was working fine yesterday. When I discovered the phone wasn't reading my fingerprint, I removed my two existing fingerprints and tried to add a new one. Couldn't add new one because spacebar wouldn't read my fingerprint at all.

Restarted the phone and faced the same issue. This time the fingerprint options wasn't there under security (just like yours). Hoping for a software patch.
    Yea I hope so too as well
    07-16-17 08:13 PM
    i have just returned my KEYone. Got a new one. Fingerprint working perfect.
    07-18-17 12:17 PM
    i have just returned my KEYone. Got a new one. Fingerprint working perfect.
    I am glad that you got the issue resolved. Where did you buy your KeyOne. I have heard that this might just be a software issue?

Did you but off Amazon if so what would be the process to get returning and being issued a new one.

Hopefully this can be fixed with the pending software update.
    07-18-17 01:10 PM
    Vodafone România. Last piece în online shop
    07-18-17 05:17 PM
    I just installed the latest software update (20th July) but nothing has changed. Fingerprint option still missing from security.

I would return my phone but I live in Singapore where the KeyOne hasn't been released. I bought it from a third party retailer without warranty. It's an export set. Hoping that I can bring it to the BB Support Center once the KeyOne gets a local release.
    07-20-17 09:45 AM
    I just installed the latest software update (20th July) but nothing has changed. Fingerprint option still missing from security.

I would return my phone but I live in Singapore where the KeyOne hasn't been released. I bought it from a third party retailer without warranty. It's an export set. Hoping that I can bring it to the BB Support Center once the KeyOne gets a local release.
    Yikes.... I am hopefully that this will get resolved as my cousin really loves that option on his keyone. He bought from amazon when it came out. Was really hoping that the update would resolve the problem. I am wondering if a reload of the OS would resolve the problem
    07-20-17 09:51 AM
    Hello OP, I thought I'd update you. For some reason the "fingerprint" option re-appeared in my security today and it has been functioning since. Not sure why or how. Haven't had any software/OS updates since the July patch. Must be some sort of miracle haha, I won't complain!
    07-29-17 05:22 AM
    Hello OP, I thought I'd update you. For some reason the "fingerprint" option re-appeared in my security today and it has been functioning since. Not sure why or how. Haven't had any software/OS updates since the July patch. Must be some sort of miracle haha, I won't complain!
    Nice. Glad it came back on your phone. It still missing on my cousin's phone hopefully it reappears too.
    07-29-17 09:40 AM
    Could be a faulty communication between hardware and software perhaps? Either hardware is failing which I doubt or Android is simply messing up and not detecting the fps properly. It could be firmware issues as well.
    07-29-17 10:37 AM
    Could be a faulty communication between hardware and software perhaps? Either hardware is failing which I doubt or Android is simply messing up and not detecting the fps properly. It could be firmware issues as well.
    It looks like others are experiencing the same thing as well: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...anner-1116506/
    07-31-17 07:14 AM
    At&t upgrade security update removed my fingerprint option - Oddly, I now have facial security option. I do Not recall facial being an original option. I believe AT&T - or - Android didn't include some blackberry option like finger print on recent upgrade removing this function. I'm very frustrated for now I have to actually type a password, or something other than a simply touch. Please send complaint to blackberry so they jump on this.
    01-25-18 11:25 PM
    had same finger print issue with my phone. After calling support and they had me run diag we realized fingerprint reader in space bar was broke. They gave me a FedEx sticker and tracking to print off to mail in phone. I had a fixed phone back in a week. All is working now.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-28-18 10:27 AM
    had same finger print issue with my phone. After calling support and they had me run diag we realized fingerprint reader in space bar was broke. They gave me a FedEx sticker and tracking to print off to mail in phone. I had a fixed phone back in a week. All is working now.
    What kind of diagnostics?
    01-28-18 02:13 PM
    There is a diag scan that can be found somewhere here in the forum's. I think you get to it using the dialer. Saw it here first but it's the same one support had me run. It showed that the fingerprint reader wasn't working. They saw I still had a warranty and emailed me the FedEx Shipping label.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-28-18 02:18 PM