Does anyone know how to turn off the notification sound when swapping between 4G and 3G or swapping between Wi-Fi and cellular??

My KEYone sounds a notification alert when it drops from 4G to 3G and visa versa!! I can't make it stop. It is also doing it when I loose Wi-Fi coverage and regain it...

Any ideas?? What am I missing or what random setting have I activated???

Thanks in advance!!!!
    05-06-17 05:36 PM
    Fixed!!!!! It's finally fixed!!!!!

No more random notifications and stuck voicemail!!

Looks like it was the iOS bolt on that was causing the issue!!

Simplified version to correct:

1. Call service provider and remove any iOS bolt-ons you have.

2. Wait 24 hours.

3. Call your voicemail and leave a message.

4. Wait 10 mins or so to make sure your message is on the voicemail server.

5. Call your voicemail, listen to and delete message.

6. Notification removed!!!

7. Toggle aeroplane mode and check!!

Hope this saves others the week long grief I have had with it! (Didn't even have to change the SIM over!!)
    Does anyone know how to turn off the notification sound when swapping between 4G and 3G or swapping between Wi-Fi and cellular??

My KEYone sounds a notification alert when it drops from 4G to 3G and visa versa!! I can't make it stop. It is also doing it when I loose Wi-Fi coverage and regain it...

Any ideas?? What am I missing or what random setting have I activated???

Thanks in advance!!!!
    I've never heard of notifications for switching between bands. I'm hoping someone can help you and teach me something new along the way.

Good luck!
    05-06-17 05:41 PM
    I've never heard of notifications for switching between bands. I'm hoping someone can help you and teach me something new along the way.

Good luck!
    This is what I am assuming it is...

I have sat here for the last 5 mins of so going round the bend thinking I was receiving notifications and them not showing up on the screen / hub lol

The handset seemed to make the sound when the signal dropped out or I turned Wi-Fi on and moved around the house..
    05-06-17 05:45 PM
    Here's where that app "HELP" may be very useful. It has the complete manual on everything you could ever want to know about your device.
    It's easy to get around, offers pictures, tutorials and is actually fun to use!
    05-06-17 05:58 PM
    Think I have managed to sort it out... Think it was the data roaming guard notification. I have turned this off and touch wood it hasn't happened since!!!
    jamesharmeling and pkcable like this.
    05-07-17 05:59 AM
    Think I have managed to sort it out... Think it was the data roaming guard notification. I have turned this off and touch wood it hasn't happened since!!!
    Can you detail the steps it took to turn it off? I'd like to make this thread a reference Q&A.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-09-17 11:30 AM
    Can you detail the steps it took to turn it off? I'd like to make this thread a reference Q&A.
    I thought I had sorted the problem, but I haven't!

I am in a part of the Midlands that has very, very poor signal/reception/coverage. The phone is constantly bouncing between 2G, 3G and 4G!! Every time the signal drops from 4G to 3G it makes a notification sound. When it drops from 3G to 2G it makes a notification sound! When it goes back up from 2G to 3G it makes a notification sound!! You get the idea!

I have spent hours going through the help stuff, gone through just about every setting on the phone! I must be missing something super simple!!

I've Google'd it and it's a problem on android and a lot of solutions are to go into the developer menu on boot up and disable a setting in there! However with this locked down version of Android, no-one has a clue how to do it!!

Anyone on here got any idea at all!!??
    05-09-17 06:25 PM
    I thought I had sorted the problem, but I haven't!

I am in a part of the Midlands that has very, very poor signal/reception/coverage. The phone is constantly bouncing between 2G, 3G and 4G!! Every time the signal drops from 4G to 3G it makes a notification sound. When it drops from 3G to 2G it makes a notification sound! When it goes back up from 2G to 3G it makes a notification sound!! You get the idea!

I have spent hours going through the help stuff, gone through just about every setting on the phone! I must be missing something super simple!!

I've Google'd it and it's a problem on android and a lot of solutions are to go into the developer menu on boot up and disable a setting in there! However with this locked down version of Android, no-one has a clue how to do it!!

Anyone on here got any idea at all!!??
    I have that happened to me a few times but from what I remember it was when I had a Voicemail I had not listened to yet. I could be wrong though.
    05-09-17 06:32 PM
    I have deactivated voicemail on my service provider, but now u mention it, everyone it drops out and then regains signal, the voicemail symbol comes back at the top of the screen!

Did u manage to sort it??
    05-09-17 06:34 PM
    I have deactivated voicemail on my service provider, but now u mention it, everyone it drops out and then regains signal, the voicemail symbol comes back at the top of the screen!

Did u manage to sort it??
    It rarely drop signal so it has not been much of hassle. I would say clear your Voicemail to see if that's what is going on.
    05-09-17 06:43 PM
    It rarely drop signal so it has not been much of hassle. I would say clear your Voicemail to see if that's what is going on.
    To be fair I don't for the most part. Just this part of the Midlands I'm staying in seems to be terrible for reception!!

I've cleared all my voicemail and deactivated it!! Saying that... As I'm typing this out it's gone off again and the voicemail is back!!!
    05-09-17 06:46 PM
    To be fair I don't for the most part. Just this part of the Midlands I'm staying in seems to be terrible for reception!!

I've cleared all my voicemail and deactivated it!! Saying that... As I'm typing this out it's gone off again and the voicemail is back!!!
    Ok my take on it is that it is the Voicemail. I had a new message that I had not listened to so I toggle airplane mode and got the notifications. Listened to my message and toggle again and nothing. The fact that you have erased all messages and it keeps coming back is weird. Sounds like a carrier issue. I would call to reactivate, reset and then deactivate again.

YOU could also try to force stop the phone app to clear it. Settings-...apps-...all-...phone and force stop.
    Last edited by EvEr34; 05-09-17 at 07:05 PM.
    pkcable and Pez1983 like this.
    05-09-17 06:54 PM
    Ok my take on it is that it is the Voicemail. I had a new message that I had not listened to so I toggle airplane mode and got the notifications. Listened to my message and toggle again and nothing. The fact that you have erased all messages and it keeps coming back is weird. Sounds like a carrier issue. I would call to reactivate, reset and then deactivate again.

YOU could also try to force stop the phone app to clear it. Settings-...apps-...all-...phone and force stop.
    Thanks @EvEr34. I have done this and it worked for a while, but now it's back.

I have asked O2 to send me a new SIM card. They agree it could be a SIM card issue as it was originally in an iPhone 6 with the visual voicemail / phone based voicemail player. The notification is saying that the voicemail is 47 years old.... They definitely think it's a SIM card issue. They are sending one out in the post.... Hopefully this will fix it...
    05-10-17 05:10 PM
    So... I spent an hour or so on the online chat with O2uk Tech Gurus to fault find this issue.
    @pkcable this is what we have come up with...

1st: It's apparently a common fault with Android users - but they not 100% sure why.

2nd: I was running an iPhone before my KEYone, so they believe it was the iOS visual voicemail that was causing the issue as it runs with an additional network settings and service bolt-on added. They have disabled this bolt-on on my account now. (No impact as yet, but can take 24 hours to reset on the account.)

3rd: They say the network fluctuations may be causing the system to get confused, so they got me to text ##002 # and that wipes and clears all the network call divert settings.... Then re-entered the voicemail settings by hand. (No impact....)

4th: Settings were sent to the phone by them... (Still no impact as yet.)

5th: They have sent me a new SIM card. Should get this in the next 3 working days.

Their leading thoughts are it's the iPhone / iOS bolt-on is causing the issue. (If anyone is making the hop from iOS to KEYone, call up your network provider BEFORE you put your SIM in the KEYone. That will allow them to deactivate the iOS settings their end. Hopefully spare you the grief!)

If when I reset the phone again tomorrow evening after the bolt-on has been disabled and the notification issue is still present, then it's port everything over to the new SIM, minus the iOS bolt-on and hope for the best....

I will keep you all posted on what happens....
    pkcable likes this.
    05-11-17 08:54 AM
    @Pez1983 WOW that's a lot more complicated than I thought and than it should be! Thanks for the headsup and yes please keep us posted!
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-11-17 10:09 AM
    Hope it all works out. I agree it is a little annoying. Everytime I go in the elevator and I have a waiting message I get the notification.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-11-17 05:29 PM
    Hope it all works out. I agree it is a little annoying. Everytime I go in the elevator and I have a waiting message I get the notification.
    I wouldn't mind if I had a voice-mail message to listen to! Hopefully the new SIM card will solve the issue!! Just got to reset the phone again!
    pkcable likes this.
    05-12-17 03:22 PM
    Mine seems to bug out a bit occasionally when I leave the house. Turning wifi off seems to fix it.

Am loving the phone, but I get the impression they pushed back the release date in order to buy more bug ironing out time.
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-13-17 12:43 AM
    Mine seems to bug out a bit occasionally when I leave the house. Turning wifi off seems to fix it.

Am loving the phone, but I get the impression they pushed back the release date in order to buy more bug ironing out time.
    Quite possibly, yes! I've noticed a bug / lag on the alarm clock of all things! When I swipe to stop the alarm sounding, it hangs for a second and then the animation stutters slightly... First bug I've noticed!
    05-14-17 06:24 AM
    Fixed!!!!! It's finally fixed!!!!!

No more random notifications and stuck voicemail!!

Looks like it was the iOS bolt on that was causing the issue!!

Simplified version to correct:

1. Call service provider and remove any iOS bolt-ons you have.

2. Wait 24 hours.

3. Call your voicemail and leave a message.

4. Wait 10 mins or so to make sure your message is on the voicemail server.

5. Call your voicemail, listen to and delete message.

6. Notification removed!!!

7. Toggle aeroplane mode and check!!

Hope this saves others the week long grief I have had with it! (Didn't even have to change the SIM over!!)
    Shifty88 likes this.
    05-14-17 05:22 PM
    Glad your issue is finally resolved. !
    Pez1983 likes this.
    05-14-17 06:50 PM
    Solution marked!
    05-22-17 11:12 AM
    Settings
    Wifi
    Wifi settings
    Switch network notifications off.
    05-22-17 03:12 PM