I've removed location permissions from the Contacts app, however DTEK is alerting "Contacts has just accessed your location" several times a day.

Understanding that Contacts is a Google app, this would not be surprising, but it would be nice to *really* turn this off. Any thoughts?
    09-07-17 07:39 AM
    I've removed location permissions from the Contacts app, however DTEK is alerting "Contacts has just accessed your location" several times a day.

Understanding that Contacts is a Google app, this would not be surprising, but it would be nice to *really* turn this off. Any thoughts?
    Go into the DTEK app and turn off the notifications from contacts and anything else you don't want to see.
    09-07-17 08:07 AM
    It also depends on whether you have other apps that need access to your contacts and location as to whether or not you can actually turn off the location.
    09-07-17 08:08 AM
    In the permissions settings it lets me remove location perms... when I list permissions for the Contacts app, location is not listed. I do have apps that I want to know my location, but Google's Contacts is not among them.

I don't really want to just ignore DTEK warnings... I just want Contacts to stop locating me... it has no valid reason to do so. It's not that I don't trust Google... wait... yes it is.
    09-07-17 08:50 AM