This just happened to me this morning. Worked before I left for work, it's no longer working. What the hell?
    And now it's stopped working completely. Tried clearing data, cache, restarting. I'll try a factory data reset but I doubt it will do anything.
    06-17-17 02:52 PM
    The first thing I would do before messing with any settings is reboot.
    06-17-17 03:02 PM
    Reboot does nothing.

Rebooting into safe mode does nothing.

Clearing cache and camera data does nothing.

I will factory reset in a bit but I have a feeling that will also do nothing...

Great...... Phones a week old.
    06-17-17 03:29 PM
    I have a feeling you're right. Warranty time
    06-17-17 03:49 PM
    I have a feeling you're right. Warranty time
    So, after x2 Factory resets the Camera seems to be functioning properly. Hopefully this is a firmware/software issue that will be fixed ASAP. I use this phone for work on a daily basis and that includes the camera.
    kbz1960 and DIP ROY1 like this.
    06-17-17 07:47 PM
    Fingers crossed
    06-17-17 08:06 PM
    Anyone do an exchange for this issue in Canada? bought my phone on release day so its been more than 15 days but pretty ridiculous, I'm also hesitant to do the factory reset because of the settings etc. i just got off the phone with rogers and they basically said the store has to deal with it, i bought it at a corp rogers store... i'll call the store tomorrow but wondering if anyone got a swap out of this?
    06-19-17 10:56 PM
    I now have had the same problem twice in the last 10 days . The first time the camera stopped working I tried restarting and ultimately did a wipe and Factory reinstall and this solved the problem but meant after owning the phone for only a month I had to do 2 setups ... now it's 10 days later I was taking so pictures laid down my phone with camera on and when I picked it up a few minutes later I had a black camera screen and when I try to restart camera I Ger a "camera not available" message. I have been a loyal BB user since the company first started but this may be the end of it for me.

Anyone have any ideas??
    08-04-17 06:58 PM
    try restarting your phone in safe mode. i forgot how to do it..and then launch the camera...if it works. reboot in normally. worked for me
    08-05-17 02:40 AM
    So, the intent of the original thread seems to be hijacked. Here is an attempt to return to the original issue. My camera is not reliable. Does Blackberry have any fix in the works? I am resetting to factory again. Removed my ssd card.
    03-19-18 09:09 PM
    So, the intent of the original thread seems to be hijacked. Here is an attempt to return to the original issue. My camera is not reliable. Does Blackberry have any fix in the works? I am resetting to factory again. Removed my ssd card.
    I don't believe that I have not read that is a common issue.

Have you reset before and has it worked for a while? Did you restore apps or use it without any additional apps? Did you ever try Safe Mode? Did you reinstall any other apps that might use the camera? Spatchat, facebook, other?
    03-19-18 11:46 PM
    Is the camera not working/not being available issue fairly easy to diagnose? I see a used K1 with this issue and was thinking of pulling the trigger if it's something I could fix.
    08-17-18 09:58 AM
    How to do it .... I did factory reset but it's not working... and 2x factory reset can't get it ?
    10-09-18 10:40 PM
    My camera is saying unavailable... I did everything almost including factory reset and safe mode but it is still saying camera is unavailable.... How to fix it ?? Plz hlep
    10-09-18 10:42 PM
    Camera Unavailable has struck for me just yesterday. I did the clearing of cache, clearing of data, 32 second reboot.

All I have left now is to:

1. Safe mode (can someone tell me how to do this? and if that doesn't work..)
    2. Factory reset (just gotta make sure all my settings are backed up in the cloud so the icon placements etc return and I'm not sure how to do that)

Any tips guys?
    10-17-18 10:02 AM
65 123