Hello all.

I just noticed after about six months usage that my camera has never saved any location information in the pictures.

EXIF includes a field GPS AltitutudeRef that always has "730 (other)" as value. The field GPS information is empty and other GPS related fields are not present.

the option "Ortung - Speichern von GPS-Informationen in augenommenen Fotos und Videos" (Positioning - Saving of GPS information in recorded images and videos) is set to on. I have installed all available updates of OS and apps.

Does the saving of location information work for others? Any ideas how I could get this feature working?
    Last edited by JakeSisko; 01-30-18 at 03:32 AM. Reason: solved
    01-25-18 06:23 AM
    Working for me, but note I'm using the Piktures app, ( with a K ) not the stock Google app.
    01-25-18 07:53 AM
    Hello all.

I just noticed after about six months usage that my camera has never saved any location information in the pictures.

EXIF includes a field GPS AltitutudeRef that always has "730 (other)" as value. The field GPS information is empty and other GPS related fields are not present.

the option "Ortung - Speichern von GPS-Informationen in augenommenen Fotos und Videos" (Positioning - Saving of GPS information in recorded images and videos) is set to on. I have installed all available updates of OS and apps.

Does the saving of location information work for others? Any ideas how I could get this feature working?
    Is the gps working in other apps? I have GPS Status https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sim.gpsstatus2 which can test it.

Have you rebooted using: Press/HOLD Power Button for 32 seconds, ignoring any screen displays or vibrations.
    01-25-18 09:12 AM
    GPS is working in other apps. To make sure I had recorded a track with Locus Map and then simultaneously taken some pictures with the stock app. Same result as above. I have had several updates, re-set the phone (>30 seconds power off), same result. I have not found a single photo in over six months that shows any location EXIF data except this "GPS AltitudeRef" whose value changes slightly.

But then I tried what I should obviously have tried before (*face palm*): I deactivated and re-activated the option in the camera app to store location info. And guess what: Now Android askd me to grant the camera app permission to access location info. Once done the info is recorded as intended. The big question mark remains why the app hasn't asked me for this permission right in the beginning. Otherwise my problem is solved. Thanks for trying to help.
    01-30-18 03:30 AM
    Perhaps you didn't notice and accidentally tapped deny the first time it popped up. Personally, I don't want my pictures tagged with location except in rare circumstances.
    01-31-18 10:20 AM
    Perhaps you didn't notice and accidentally tapped deny the first time it popped up.
    Perhaps.
    02-01-18 02:00 AM
    The big question mark remains why the app hasn't asked me for this permission right in the beginning.
    It's Android, sometimes it just does stuff, or un-does.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    02-01-18 04:32 AM