I've had my KEYone for over a month now and the shine has well and truly worn off. Aside of the commonly reported issues: constantly triggering the capacitive buttons which often results in losing work; the mini screen freakout when you touch the sides; the random SD card issues; poor/average call quality - all very annoying, my phone seems to have developed a number of additional 'quirks'. The sim tray slot now has an unsightly bend in it as this is where my thumb normally rests.
    The fingerprint sensor is becoming increasingly unresponsive, taking a number of tries before unlocking.
    Apps are not very stable, my banking app crashes as soon as I open it, LinkedIn seems to be a permanent state of update that always fails.
    Despite hearing great things about the camera I have been quite disappointed with the image processing, particularly how it handles colours.
    Although I have a number of push email accounts I find that every now and then I have to manually refresh my inbox in order to receive mail - for instance today after not receiving any mail by lunchtime I hit refresh only to discover 15 messages undelivered.
    But the truly most irritating bug is how the phone handles notifications, aside from not being able to fully customise the led/alerts, my phone is very temperamental in how it operates notifications, quite often messages don't make any sound just vibrate, sometimes they don't make any alert at all, there doesn't appear to be any rationale and happens randomly. I've tried to reset preferences numerous times but to no avail. Has anyone else discovered these issues? When I first received the KEYone I felt it had so much promise but its unreliability has left me so disappointed.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    06-02-17 07:41 AM
    I've had my KEYone for over a month now and the shine has well and truly worn off. Aside of the commonly reported issues: constantly triggering the capacitive buttons which often results in losing work; the mini screen freakout when you touch the sides; the random SD card issues; poor/average call quality - all very annoying, my phone seems to have developed a number of additional 'quirks'. The sim tray slot now has an unsightly bend in it as this is where my thumb normally rests.
    The fingerprint sensor is becoming increasingly unresponsive, taking a number of tries before unlocking.
    Apps are not very stable, my banking app crashes as soon as I open it, LinkedIn seems to be a permanent state of update that always fails.
    Despite hearing great things about the camera I have been quite disappointed with the image processing, particularly how it handles colours.
    Although I have a number of push email accounts I find that every now and then I have to manually refresh my inbox in order to receive mail - for instance today after not receiving any mail by lunchtime I hit refresh only to discover 15 messages undelivered.
    But the truly most irritating bug is how the phone handles notifications, aside from not being able to fully customise the led/alerts, my phone is very temperamental in how it operates notifications, quite often messages don't make any sound just vibrate, sometimes they don't make any alert at all, there doesn't appear to be any rationale and happens randomly. I've tried to reset preferences numerous times but to no avail. Has anyone else discovered these issues? When I first received the KEYone I felt it had so much promise but its unreliability has left me so disappointed.
    I have to agree with OP...Right now I stopped using the K1 because of the SD card bug....It's truly annoying and really giving me second thoughts on recommending this phone ....Also OP mentioned the buggy notifications, this issue is also very real. Sure, initially everyone thought the build quality is solid. However, it's not waterproof...
    06-02-17 07:57 AM
    Can you post some of the photos?
    06-02-17 08:33 AM
    The only bug I've encountered is that when i'm on call on mute and on speakerphone sometimes my screen turns off with the call still going. I'm not sure why it happens but the only option then is to restart my device. Apart from that everything is running well.
    06-02-17 01:42 PM
    Update: I've only just discovered that in the settings menu of the "Messages" app there is a notification tone option and mine was set to '0' instead of the default, hopefully this solves it.
    06-02-17 02:19 PM
    Sad to hear. If you had your K1 for a a year or two and typed extensively with it, dropped it a few times and then report that your screen is coming lose, or you have uneven back light on keys, faulty sim tray, wonky unresponsive fingerprint scanner then I would say ok...I understand. You have used this phone and it is showing signs of wear and tear. This is a new phone that people has had for less than a week and these problems are popping up!!

It seems that being a early adopter is like playing Russian Roulette...you do not know if the bad quality phone bullet will strike you in the head when you pulled the trigger to buy a brand new product.
    06-02-17 05:59 PM
    Sadly I'm starting to fell the same way...the call quality is really bad, the buttons on the side either mute or cut off a conversation when on a call, the keypad is meant to vibrate/make sound to give haptic feedback..it doesn't. I go to answer calls and they disappear. I want to turn off the swipe left to delete on the keyboard gesture as it's a nightmare for me...which means I have to turn off all gestures on the keyboard: there is no fine choice.
    It's got some really nice features but some things are really annoying!
    06-06-17 01:36 PM
    I do have same issues, do you think this can be fixed by next update or its hardware issues??
    06-06-17 06:41 PM
    I don't know. I'm new to Blackberry. I don't see any communication happening here or anywhere else with Blackberry so I'm not hopeful. How do you even email them?
    06-07-17 03:05 AM
    I don't know. I'm new to Blackberry. I don't see any communication happening here or anywhere else with Blackberry so I'm not hopeful. How do you even email them?
    This is the US site. You can select for different county in upper right menu.

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/support/contact-us/

BlackBerry MOBILE is the manufacturer.
    06-07-17 06:07 AM
    Sad to hear. If you had your K1 for a a year or two and typed extensively with it, dropped it a few times and then report that your screen is coming lose, or you have uneven back light on keys, faulty sim tray, wonky unresponsive fingerprint scanner then I would say ok...I understand. You have used this phone and it is showing signs of wear and tear. This is a new phone that people has had for less than a week and these problems are popping up!!

It seems that being a early adopter is like playing Russian Roulette...you do not know if the bad quality phone bullet will strike you in the head when you pulled the trigger to buy a brand new product.
    The SIM/microSD card tray is not wonky; it is different than previous BlackBerry devices which did not combine them into a single tray nor was the SIM card ever loose in the tray. The BlackBerry KEYone uses a single tray and neither card sits securely enough to turn over the tray outside it's housing. The perception of uneven backlighting is simple a function of LED placement. The screen coming loose is worrisome though a small number of devices seem to be affected. Nevertheless it is not a good user experience when a manufacturing defect occurs such as the loose screen.
    06-08-17 11:48 AM
    I am not hard on cell phone, but occasionally the phone does slip out of your hands and if the screen comes away goodbye to $700 plus it would nice to have someone from TLC address this issue.
    06-08-17 11:59 AM
    I am not hard on cell phone, but occasionally the phone does slip out of your hands and if the screen comes away goodbye to $700 plus it would nice to have someone from TLC address this issue.
    If you buy a phone worth $700 plus and don't negotiate an insurance with the shop you bought it from or your bank then you're a fool. In this day and age you buy gadgets to use and abuse.
    06-19-17 01:40 PM

I've been lucky with most new phones I get from Rogers Wireless and usually bugs are the norm but for me I've not had any of the reported issues with the K1! It's functioning normally and is quite speedy at best!
    Penelope Anne likes this.
    06-21-17 12:26 AM