Can hardly wait to know if they fixed it!
    03-20-18 05:10 PM
    Did you get your phone back yet ? Mine is coming tomorrow, so says fedex. And I actually got a BBB response back from blackberry today, also saying the phone was shipped (monday), and a voice mail from CS saying it was shipped.
    See, what were you worrying about. It only took a month and a limited amount of b1tching! (g)

Good luck with the new one.
    03-20-18 06:21 PM
    Well people didn't need it as much because their phones didn't fall apart haha.
    LOL.
    03-20-18 07:07 PM
    Did you get your phone back yet ? Mine is coming tomorrow, so says fedex. And I actually got a BBB response back from blackberry today, also saying the phone was shipped (monday), and a voice mail from CS saying it was shipped.
    Nope, I have heard nothing and nothing has changed. I told customer service to just keep emailing me everyday so I still not something is going on. Is your phone a GSM or CDMA model?
    03-21-18 07:43 AM
    As I stated in the screen megathread, I shipped mine on March 7th for screen reattachment surgery and it will be at my house on March 23rd, this coming Friday. 17 day turnaround time including the day I dropped it off at FedEx.

I did call them numerous times to find-out a status and got the same canned response each time.
    03-21-18 09:47 AM
    HAHA they didn't even fix it. **** Blackberry mobile.
    03-21-18 11:24 AM
    All i wanted was this fixed. How hard is it to stick a new back on this thing?
    Also I asked if i could just buy a back cover and they said no.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cau0DoHpBDGfqH9l1
    03-21-18 11:40 AM

You can buy one online and it would probably get to you much quicker anyway. I went the advanced warranty replacement route...but that didn't work out either because I am still without a phone. This is fun, aye?
    03-21-18 11:59 AM
    I just noticed you can buy them on ebay. But still wtf. Anyone want to buy this thing cheap?
    03-21-18 12:05 PM
    not sure how used to be repair service handled for the carrier purchased phone. but the corp or Gov phone were handled by RIM (research in motion - blackberry) global repair services (GRS)... those men and ladies had excellend skills and the dept is rather big in scale (back to the days RIM got millions of customers)... just look at this: https://panjiva.com/Rim-Global-Repair-Services/33013566
    03-21-18 01:03 PM
    not sure how used to be repair service handled for the carrier purchased phone. but the corp or Gov phone were handled by RIM (research in motion - blackberry) global repair services (GRS)... those men and ladies had excellend skills and the dept is rather big in scale (back to the days RIM got millions of customers)... just look at this: https://panjiva.com/Rim-Global-Repair-Services/33013566
    RIM no longer makes phones, so unfortunately this doesn't help anyone.
    03-22-18 10:49 AM
    If BBMo get into corp handset business, they will need GRS type of service just like BB did.. unless their quality is so good, no repair required (exception of user fault - drop in to tiolet or crack screen)... so far, their quality appear to better need GRS type of dept than not...;-( to ensure the support is there for the duration of their newly earned certificant...
    03-22-18 01:15 PM
    If BBMo get into corp handset business, they will need GRS type of service just like BB did.. unless their quality is so good, no repair required (exception of user fault - drop in to tiolet or crack screen)... so far, their quality appear to better need GRS type of dept than not...;-( to ensure the support is there for the duration of their newly earned certificant...
    Which I'm sure TCL has some sort of plan in place. It's just that corporate buyers will have precedent over individuals. I bet anything that was why it took so long to replace these devices.
    03-22-18 06:26 PM
    (1) are you telling me TCL/BBMo got that many corp return to delay the non-priority even for a back door repair to a month or more? - stock holder should take note... not a good sign.
    (2) if TCL/BBMo treat their repair as components in house from logistic point of view, they got big problem on hand - components should be FIFO (first in first out) due to shelf life of its solderability or moisture sensitivity... repair, you get rid of easy things 1st and leave the deep dive trouble shooting diagnostic that some times can take few days - or transfer to a more skilled operator... if you got a batch of difficult FA (failure analysis) job, FIFO logistic can really hurt you (lost market share)... However, if it is true, I am not surprice... TCL/BBMo as build per order CM, logistic not really their strong suit - just look at the K1 launch... trickle down handset suppy... ;-).. much more need to be desired.
    03-22-18 06:59 PM

How did this odd lift happen???
    03-22-18 09:49 PM
    Probably dropping it caused it to pop open. It clipped back in fine, but those clips are like one time clip. Once that cover comes off it keeps coming off easier each time.
    03-24-18 07:34 AM
    in this case, if I were TCL/BBMo, defined it as "excess user abuse" - ask for nominal fee for repair (30-45 dollar would do possibly since just look at it and take photo to exam will cost that much... material cost plus labour plus logistic to route your device to proper personnel...warrantee does not cover user abuse, unless you have insurance. different story)... however, by sound of it, I tend to agree with TCL/BBMo, no repair required since it still function as is... you got choice either pay for the new back door - should have the same make, since it is use the same mold.. and be careful never drop it again... or stuck with the old one, let it come off everytime you drop (hopefully, not damage other key components, like key board - since it is capacitive key, it should have extra functionality... or screen... the only deficient of BBMo is not manage the expectation correctly in timely fashion (communication problem)... IMHO.
    03-24-18 08:42 AM
    Oh my God what have I done!? I just sent my phone to them because the charging port was fried. I suppose I'll never see it again. ������
    03-24-18 09:38 AM
    Which I'm sure TCL has some sort of plan in place. It's just that corporate buyers will have precedent over individuals. I bet anything that was why it took so long to replace these devices.
    One thing I noticed that was wrong about your post.

Corporate buyers aren't buying BlackBerries. They are buying iPhones and the latest Galaxy/Note series.

I work in corporate America for a very, very large company. I have yet to see a BlackBerry, other than mine, in the wild in the past 4 or 5 years. It is all iPhones and the occasional Note or latest Galaxy S whatever. I actually have a company iPhone that I literally cringe every time I have to touch it.
    03-24-18 01:16 PM
    One thing I noticed that was wrong about your post.

Corporate buyers aren't buying BlackBerries. They are buying iPhones and the latest Galaxy/Note series.

I work in corporate America for a very, very large company. I have yet to see a BlackBerry, other than mine, in the wild in the past 4 or 5 years. It is all iPhones and the occasional Note or latest Galaxy S whatever. I actually have a company iPhone that I literally cringe every time I have to touch it.
    According to TCL, 60% of KEYᵒⁿᵉ sales in the US have been to enterprise.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    03-24-18 01:48 PM
    According to TCL, 60% of KEYᵒⁿᵉ sales in the US have been to enterprise.
    Don't know how much of that I believe but ok.
    03-24-18 02:07 PM
    Don't know how much of that I believe but ok.
    I'm willing to believe the figure since I'm sure that includes small business accounts with Sprint or AT&T. I don't believe large or medium business accounts have picked up device as much.

Usually the large and medium business accounts have negotiated hardware with special device pricing after completing review of device. I suspect that doesn't happen until there's a better product awareness.

If you breakdown the numbers, 60% enterprise is hard to read as significance other than a measured business interest.
    03-24-18 02:38 PM
    Update: I received my tracking number for the advanced warranty replacement exactly one month to the day that I opened the case!

Also, I asked the support person to email me every day even if there weren't any updates and she actually did it. That was nice of her.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    03-26-18 09:37 AM
    Update: Received the phone yesterday and got it all set up like I remember it. Fell in love with it all over again after being without it for over a month. A great feeling

Good luck to all. I'll update when BlackBerry receives my broken one that I sent back which they will inevitability charge me for because that is just the way this has been going.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    03-29-18 11:06 AM
    I'm now stuck in the same loop you two were. 15 days later no system updates, they don't even show they received it from FedEx. Their service disgusts me.
    04-04-18 08:05 PM
53 123