Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere, I did search but didn't not find anything. I realized I can no longer see the BB symbol that I had in my BBM name handle, as well as others' handles in a BBM group I'm in. Apparently, those that also have the KEYone can no longer view it as well but those still on previous BB models can. Why is that?

I've even attempted to search the web in order to copy/paste it to my personal dictionary/shortcut feature and once again I see a box. It's interesting to know if KEYones no longer compatible with viewing certain images/emojis/symbols etc. And the BlackBerry one of all!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails BB Logo showing as a Box-16223.jpg  
    06-07-17 03:01 PM
    It's not a formal Unicode character, so it requires special work from the font supplier/OEM in order to appear. From a Unicode lookup chart on a BB10 device the BB symbol maps to 0xF8EC, which is part of the Private Use Area. The Private Use Area is reserved for adding custom symbols like these.
    diesel0110 likes this.
    06-07-17 03:19 PM
    It's not a formal Unicode character, so it requires special work from the font supplier/OEM in order to appear. From a Unicode lookup chart on a BB10 device the BB symbol maps to 0xF8EC, which is part of the Private Use Area. The Private Use Area is reserved for adding custom symbols like these.
    Thanks again, for the explanation!
    06-07-17 07:12 PM
    What is interesting about this, is that BlackBerry did include that symbol in the Priv. That is, it will show up on my unlocked Priv, and I can use it, but on my DTEK60 it is a black box. So it seems that after the Priv they decided to no longer include it for whatever reason.
    08-24-17 12:19 PM