Moreover, it has been stated several times that for unlocked phones the responsibility is 100% under BBmobile
    Yes it is - but subject to regional certifications and agreements.

Look, the bottom line is a suggestion here that BlackBerry Mobile is just sitting on updates and refusing to hit the "send" button due to complete incompetence or some sadistic desire to upset its customers. That's nonsense.
    09-20-17 07:42 AM
    Yes it is - but subject to regional certifications and agreements.

Look, the bottom line is a suggestion here that BlackBerry Mobile is just sitting on updates and refusing to hit the "send" button due to complete incompetence or some sadistic desire to upset its customers. That's nonsense.
    Look, let's all be honest. We don't know jack **** about why the update is delayed for some variants of the KEYone. We have different hypotheses, all of which I can appreciate actually. And it's definitely not worth fighting over (though often quite amusing)...

Bottom line, we won't ever know, unless you'd start working at BlackBerry Mobile now in a relevant position so you could get to see it from the inside.

I understand that it isn't as easy as it looks. Perhaps they really got their hands tied behind their back, or maybe something really went wrong within their operational structure. Who knows?
    09-20-17 09:33 AM
    Well the KEYᵒⁿᵉ has nothing to do with BlackBerry, so this response is no surprise.
    That is not quite as clear cut as some think. Here's something I had to agree to when setting up the KeyOne:

August Update-screenshot_20170705-162845-2-.jpg
    09-20-17 09:40 AM
    That is not quite as clear cut as some think. Here's something I had to agree to when setting up the KeyOne:
    Which pretty much absolves BlackBerry from any issues related to the OS.
    09-20-17 09:48 AM
    Which pretty much absolves BlackBerry from any issues related to the OS.
    I don't think so. This is a generic EULA applicable to a hundreds of particular situations. We cannot blame exclusively BBmo when we don't have the whole picture
    09-20-17 10:48 AM
    I don't think so. This is a generic EULA applicable to a hundreds of particular situations. We cannot blame exclusively BBmo when we don't have the whole picture
    BlackBerry owns the software. So it's their EULA.

But BlackBerry is only responsible to its licencees. They are BlackBerry's only customers.

Why is this so difficult to understand?
    09-20-17 10:54 AM
    Because it is easy to understand. The point is that there are different opinions in this thread, also opinions on what is fair or not (considering we paid 600 bucks). As itsyaboy said, each of us has different hypotheses on the origin of the problem.
    09-20-17 11:23 AM
    Because it is easy to understand. The point is that there are different opinions in this thread, also opinions on what is fair or not (considering we paid 600 bucks). As itsyaboy said, each of us has different hypotheses on the origin of the problem.
    There are only three options:

1) The issue is very complicated and despite a manufacturer's best efforts there are a multitude of regional certification, compliance, and testing hurdles to go through.

2) All the manufacturers around the world (save the heavy clout of Google and Apple), are just plain lazy or incompetent.

3) All the manufacturers around the world (save the heavy clout of Google and Apple), just want to yank your chain.
    09-20-17 11:39 AM
    There are only three options:

1) The issue is very complicated and despite a manufacturer's best efforts there are a multitude of regional certification, compliance, and testing hurdles to go through.

2) All the manufacturers around the world (save the heavy clout of Google and Apple), are just plain lazy or incompetent.

3) All the manufacturers around the world (save the heavy clout of Google and Apple), just want to yank your chain.
    What happened to answer option 4: "All of the above"?

I understand perfectly fine that BlackBerry Mobile is the one who should yank BlackBerry by the balls to be consistent regarding security updates. That's why I filed a support ticket with BlackBerry Mobile and hope that they will realise their responsibility as the hardware seller.
    09-20-17 12:15 PM
    What happened to answer option 4: "All of the above"?

I understand perfectly fine that BlackBerry Mobile is the one who should yank BlackBerry by the balls to be consistent regarding security updates. That's why I filed a support ticket with BlackBerry Mobile and hope that they will realise their responsibility as the hardware seller.
    But again, we know that BlackBerry delivered AAO472 to BlackBerry Mobile prior to Sep 8. It has been slowly eking its way out ever since.
    09-20-17 12:19 PM
    But again, we know that BlackBerry delivered AAO472 to BlackBerry Mobile prior to Sep 8. It has been slowly eking its way out ever since.
    I am still on the July update. "Slowly ekings its way out" is rather an understatement to me. But I am still giving BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile a chance, given what "they" communicated to me.
    09-20-17 12:26 PM
    BBmobile respond everyone? i sent email facebook message and twitter tweet, fully not responding
    09-20-17 01:10 PM
    everyone = anyone
    09-20-17 01:13 PM
    After dozen interchanges, I received the same message two times (Sep 6 and today) from [email protected]:

"Hello Customer,

Thank you for your patience and continuous support.

Securing our customers’ communications channels and protecting their data is a responsibility BlackBerry takes very seriously. To this end, BlackBerry regularly releases security patches that help ensure our customers’ peace of mind. Though rare, patches are sometimes delayed as we work to ensure our software is complete, fully-tested, integrated, implemented, and ultimately deployed to all of our customers.

While we apologize for the current delay, we also want you to know that we are committed to getting it right and will not release a patch until we are certain that its rollout will improve security without compromising the end-user experience.

Please note that the August security update will be launched together with the September update.

We remain available for further questions.

Sincerely,
    Edward
    BlackBerry Customer Care Team"
    09-20-17 01:26 PM
    After dozen interchanges, I received the same message two times (Sep 6 and today) from [email protected]:

"Hello Customer,

Thank you for your patience and continuous support.

Securing our customers’ communications channels and protecting their data is a responsibility BlackBerry takes very seriously. To this end, BlackBerry regularly releases security patches that help ensure our customers’ peace of mind. Though rare, patches are sometimes delayed as we work to ensure our software is complete, fully-tested, integrated, implemented, and ultimately deployed to all of our customers.

While we apologize for the current delay, we also want you to know that we are committed to getting it right and will not release a patch until we are certain that its rollout will improve security without compromising the end-user experience.

Please note that the August security update will be launched together with the September update.

Sincerely,
    Edward
    BlackBerry Customer Care Team"
    I received an almost identical message, except that it ended with:

Please note that the August security update will be launched together with the September update by the middle of this month.

We are so sorry for this inconvenience.

Thank you for understanding.
    Maybe because I was nicer to them?
    09-20-17 02:12 PM
    Hehe you are probably right 🙈 I received this message the first time. Second is less concrete with the date. Maybe because middle of Sep is in the past
    09-20-17 03:46 PM
    Just installed the latest firmware on my BB100-2. thanks to Mbirth

http://wiki.mbirth.de/know-how/hardw...ta-matrix.html
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    09-20-17 04:03 PM
    So, is the UK the only country at July security update? It looks like a bizarre exception
    09-22-17 04:02 PM
    It's here August Update-screenshot_20170923-112913.jpg
    09-23-17 04:30 AM
    It's here Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170923-112913.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	430064
    Woohoo
    jacobacevedog likes this.
    09-23-17 05:54 AM
    i`have also been updated ;-)
    09-23-17 10:10 AM
146 ... 456