Hey all!

Is anyone having trouble assigning keyboard shortcuts? When i go into the setting and try to assign letter I for instagram, the screen goes back to the previous menu. I'm also unable to edit the default shortcuts.

I have Model: BB100-3V02 Build Number: AAM286
    07-20-17 02:34 PM
    Hey all!

Is anyone having trouble assigning keyboard shortcuts? When i go into the setting and try to assign letter I for instagram, the screen goes back to the previous menu. I'm also unable to edit the default shortcuts.

I have Model: BB100-3V02 Build Number: AAM286
    I had that problem. I did a lot of testing, app deletion, safe mode testing and finally Factory Restore which fixed it.

I then started adding back apps and found the problematic app. For me it was "Blank Icon" which allows spacing icons by placing either a BLANK icon in a position or widgets that fill space eliminating anything else from going to the widget location. The widgets could be expanded to fill the page, a column, row or multiples of those. Once I UNinstalled it, I could assign keyboard shortcuts.

So, it is probably an app causing the problem.

Good luck finding it.
    07-20-17 05:36 PM
    Factory resetting worked for me!
    07-20-17 09:02 PM
    Factory resetting worked for me!
    One quick note on this: for me, "factory reset" meant setting it up as a new phone, not restoring from a backup. It tried it the other way twice, and it didn't do anything but exacerbate my annoyance. This way is definitely more time consuming, but it's the only fix I could find.

Two additional notes:

After I reset it, the convenience key seemed to have stopped working. Before, I pressed it for the first time and was prompted to set its function. Now, I had to go into settings, choose the Normal profile and then click on Normal to bring up the assignment prompt. That took a while to figure out. Thought I'd share.

Finally, BB Mobile: If you're reading this, please update your support staff. They seemed to have been encountering this problem for the first time. We know from this thread that it's nothing new (it was a problem on the KEYone, as well). Their only suggestion was to send my phone in for warranty repair. I don't want a new phone, I'd like the support team to be up to speed on current issues.
    09-20-18 03:29 AM
    Yep! Had same problem, uninstalled Blank Icon. It immediately worked! Thanks very much indeed!
    12-03-18 09:12 AM