Had the unlocked/Amazon version but returned in due to many issues. Bought the AT&T version and most issue are resolved besides reception issue (hoping AT&T will turn on WiFi calling to fix that) and notifications issue which everyone is saying is fixed with the September update. Does anyone have an educated guess when AT&T might be releasing this update?? Im getting frustrated lol
    09-13-17 12:22 PM
    It was announced in the Blackberry knowledge base within the last few hours but take that with a pinch of salt because they announced it before and it didn't happen in the United Kingdom not for August anyway
    09-13-17 12:26 PM
    There's an OS certified for it, so it should be sooner rather than later. Look out for build AAO750.
    09-13-17 02:08 PM
    Thank you! If you should see it please respond again... Thanks!
    09-13-17 02:39 PM
    Sept update should start rollout 19th. No WiFi calling in this update, but it's coming. The reception issue is with the hardware not the software. Same type of issue as the iPhone 4 had "antennagate" very frustrating because it's a rock solid device but reception is kinda important lol
    09-13-17 09:46 PM
    Sept update should start rollout 19th. No WiFi calling in this update, but it's coming. The reception issue is with the hardware not the software. Same type of issue as the iPhone 4 had "antennagate" very frustrating because it's a rock solid device but reception is kinda important lol
    Thanks! I agree the reception is an important issue. For me, WiFi calling will go a long way to making it much better for me. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get/read/etc. the info that the Sept. update should begin rolling out on the 19th and that WiFi calling is confirmed to be coming at some point. Thanks again.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-13-17 10:03 PM
    Thanks! I agree the reception is an important issue. For me, WiFi calling will go a long way to making it much better for me. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get/read/etc. the info that the Sept. update should begin rolling out on the 19th and that WiFi calling is confirmed to be coming at some point. Thanks again.
    My pleasure and I definitely don't mind you asking, but it's nobody on this board. He is my neighbor and does certification testing at AT&T. He has been fairly accurate on deployment but it's still a guess because from him to actually being released/pushed is an unknown.

I told him he better get WiFi calling enabled. The KEYone is ridiculously bad with reception!

Cheers
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-17 06:30 AM
    What does your friend say about the poor reception? I was hoping the AT&T version would not have the antenna gate issue, but I was wrong. Very frustrating to say the least.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-15-17 08:12 PM
    What does your friend say about the poor reception? I was hoping the AT&T version would not have the antenna gate issue, but I was wrong. Very frustrating to say the least.
    Poor design.

He used mine on some fancy setup he had and did some testing and confirmed what we suspected on a slab of water filled meat (hand) over the base antenna band and degradation.

I don't know that software can fix, but maybe optimize.
    09-16-17 06:48 AM
    I tried wearing rubber gloves to see if that made any difference. It helped slightly, but there was still a major signal drop.
    09-16-17 08:09 AM
    Hey my friend... As the 19th has come and gone, do you have any info on why its delayed or any idea when it might be released? Im starting to think that this is going to be typical AT&T nonsense, waiting months before releasing updates. Its really frustrating that theyre selling phone whose functions dont work entirely and they are holding an update that will fix many of them.
    jfalkingham likes this.
    09-20-17 09:58 AM
    Hey my friend... As the 19th has come and gone, do you have any info on why its delayed or any idea when it might be released? Im starting to think that this is going to be typical AT&T nonsense, waiting months before releasing updates. Its really frustrating that theyre selling phone whose functions dont work entirely and they are holding an update that will fix many of them.
    I called this morning and he can confirm it left testing. He is not 100% on date but still feels it would start ‘pushing’ today. He did say that sept droid update was marked critical because of a security issue (assume the Bluetooth thing) anyway it left certification along with update for galaxy, moto, htc and lg. I guess it’s just how the queue works from release to pushing.
    09-20-17 10:12 AM
    I type that and see Verizon and Sprint started being pushed lol
    09-20-17 10:13 AM
    I called this morning and he can confirm it left testing. He is not 100% on date but still feels it would start ‘pushing’ today. He did say that sept droid update was marked critical because of a security issue (assume the Bluetooth thing) anyway it left certification along with update for galaxy, moto, htc and lg. I guess it’s just how the queue works from release to pushing.
    Thank you sir! I hope it gets pushed asap.
    09-20-17 10:14 AM
    I just got mine today on AT&T KEYone. AAO750 dated September 5th.
    09-26-17 01:27 PM
    I received mine today as well. AAO750 September 5th.
    09-26-17 06:07 PM
    Not near wifi, so I'll download later tonight. Did wifi calling show up?
    09-26-17 06:09 PM
    after the update, I'm still not seeing WiFi calling. I do see an option for Enhanced LTE Services (HD Voice) but that option was already there before the update. I have it turned on but it says I'm not connected.
    09-26-17 09:21 PM
    YES!!!! Just got mine as well AT&T Branded KEYone!!!!!
    09-26-17 10:09 PM
    Sadly I didnt think we'd see WiFi calling in this update but if it does fix notifications and bluetooth issues I'll be thrilled
    09-26-17 10:12 PM
    Just checked myself. No option for WI FI calling yet. The AT&T branded PRIV never got it, so there's no guaranty that the Keyone will get it.
    09-27-17 06:55 AM