Does anyone know how to do this on the BlackBerry KEYone?

I was told by BlackBerry Mobile Support to do this with the following procedure:

-Enter recovery mode (pressing vol up + power)*
    - in the menu select language
    - select clear cache partition option
    - confirm and reboot system now
    - it may take a few minutes to turn on.*
    However, I do not even get to see the option "language" in the menu. Was afterwards told that some phones are locked and that mine appears to be so.

Now I am curious whether all KEYones are locked or that other can access this menu?

And would someone know an alternative way of doing an Android partition cache clearing on the KEYone?
    08-25-17 06:34 AM
    I was told the boot menu was disabled on BlackBerry Android devices, but it seems you've been able to access it. What options do you have available?
    08-25-17 09:04 AM
    I saw a menu with 1: Barcodes, 2: Continue the bootup, 3: Reboot into fastboot and 4: Turn off the device. That's it. Am told that recovery mode isn't available on BlackBerry Android.. Bit weird why they would suggest this in the first place but maybe the support person had more experience with other Android devices?
    08-25-17 09:07 AM
    You might be right, I didn't find out about the changes to the menu until I made the same recommendation. But - I don't work for BlackBerry so I get a pass on not knowing that tidbit.

Without knowing what's the cause for deleting the cache, I'd say if deleting the apps cache from Settings isn't fixing issues and removing possible offending apps doesn't do it either, try a factory reset. I just did one myself Monday morning because I was having issues with Google Assistant and there's no way to solve any errors that I found other than the reset. I made the mistake of forgetting to back up my home screen setup so having to set that up from scratch wasn't ideal, but almost everything else restored on its own except for some random notifications and a couple logins.
    08-25-17 04:10 PM
    You might be right, I didn't find out about the changes to the menu until I made the same recommendation. But - I don't work for BlackBerry so I get a pass on not knowing that tidbit.

Without knowing what's the cause for deleting the cache, I'd say if deleting the apps cache from Settings isn't fixing issues and removing possible offending apps doesn't do it either, try a factory reset. I just did one myself Monday morning because I was having issues with Google Assistant and there's no way to solve any errors that I found other than the reset. I made the mistake of forgetting to back up my home screen setup so having to set that up from scratch wasn't ideal, but almost everything else restored on its own except for some random notifications and a couple logins.
    Yeah, he suggested that to me because I am waiting for the August security update. Something which other KEYones on the same carrier in the same country already received. However, the issue seems to come from the fact that my KEYone was bought in the UK and I am currently using it outside of the UK. And not sure whether anyone in the UK received their August security update...

That clear cached data through system settings I could find, didn't help though.

And yes, have considered doing a factory reset, but that's a bit of a hassle. And not sure whether that will make me get the August security update either...
    08-25-17 04:40 PM

If only BB (and the software is them) would come up with a way to backup the Launcher icons/widgets/positions/etc it would be terrific. That's a big part of the hassle of doing a Factory Reset. Alas, they have not seen fit to do it so far, so don't expect much of an effort.
    08-25-17 05:51 PM
    If only BB (and the software is them) would come up with a way to backup the Launcher icons/widgets/positions/etc it would be terrific. That's a big part of the hassle of doing a Factory Reset. Alas, they have not seen fit to do it so far, so don't expect much of an effort.
    Nova and others can do it, two taps and it's saved on device and in the cloud. Icon position, widgets, even the icon pack/style. It took me a good hour or so to recover that goof. Then there's apps like Solid Explorer and Pocketcasts that have an option to manually back up the settings, but it's redundant because they restore 100%, even network locations with passwords. Now that I have my G3 back I'm going to set it up, then try using ADB to back it up. If I've correctly understood what I've read, it does a complete local backup to PC a la BlackBerry Link. If that turns out to be true, that'll definitely be part of the procedure going forward.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-26-17 12:36 AM
    Yeah, he suggested that to me because I am waiting for the August security update. Something which other KEYones on the same carrier in the same country already received. However, the issue seems to come from the fact that my KEYone was bought in the UK and I am currently using it outside of the UK. And not sure whether anyone in the UK received their August security update...

That clear cached data through system settings I could find, didn't help though.

And yes, have considered doing a factory reset, but that's a bit of a hassle. And not sure whether that will make me get the August security update either...
    It's possible - I gave my sister my LG G3 and it had the February security patch when I last saw it. I got it back with the same patch, then did a factory reset, and shortly after it grabbed the March security patch. Not bad for a Verizon device with no SIM in it.
    08-26-17 12:39 AM
    It's possible - I gave my sister my LG G3 and it had the February security patch when I last saw it. I got it back with the same patch, then did a factory reset, and shortly after it grabbed the March security patch. Not bad for a Verizon device with no SIM in it.
    Hmmm, might try it in a bit. Supposedly BlackBerry Mobile is escalating it with BlackBerry... let's see what comes out of that. Beginning to suspect their update policy depends on region, and not carrier...
    08-26-17 01:06 PM