I got a notification late last week that a new update (AAV119) was available for download. After the usual download and install ptocesses were completed I noticed a couple of issues such as: homescreen locking up, repeated requests for password rentry, screen blanking out and most recently the battery not holding a full charge. I have done all of the obviousd reboot/restart options but I am not seeing any improvement.

As I use my phone primarily for business use, its pretty important that i get this resolved asap - so with all due respect to any readers and contributors I do need factual answers/solutions rather than opinion.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-19-18 05:01 PM
    I got a notification late last week that a new update (AAV119) was available for download. After the usual download and install ptocesses were completed I noticed a couple of issues such as: homescreen locking up, repeated requests for password rentry, screen blanking out and most recently the battery not holding a full charge. I have done all of the obviousd reboot/restart options but I am not seeing any improvement.

As I use my phone primarily for business use, its pretty important that i get this resolved asap - so with all due respect to any readers and contributors I do need factual answers/solutions rather than opinion.
    Clear data cache, and then hold down power button until phone begins to restart.

If that doesn't work, you will have to perform a factory reset.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-19-18 05:05 PM
    How do I clear the cache? If it doesn't work and I need to do the factory reset of which you speak - will I lose any apps and/or associated data?
    03-20-18 08:07 AM
    How do I clear the cache? If it doesn't work and I need to do the factory reset of which you speak - will I lose any apps and/or associated data?
    Main Settings, Storage, Internal, (allow the numbers to settle), Cache.

Reloading an OS can either spare data or wipe the device if you use what is called an Autoloader. There is a sticky thread about them and the procedure. If you use the Security method to "factory reset" the data is cleared. Depending on how you've setup aspects of Google's backup, some stuff will be restored while some settings will have to be setup anew. If you use the same google id, then your apps will be recovered or can be recovered. If you sync your contacts, calendar with a cloud service (google, yahoo, etc), those will restore when you reestablish those accounts.
    03-20-18 09:11 AM
    Blaize wrote an article about backing up the Keyone: https://crackberry.com/how-back-your-blackberry-keyone

That might be a starting point. This new to me Blackberry/Android experience, while powerful and productive in many respects, remains something of a scattered maze, but what's a mother to do?
    03-20-18 07:15 PM
    having similar issue after the update but mainly on the power drain and battery saver is turn on immediately when you select to turn it on at 5 or 15% level. turn it off and the power centre shows it green.. weird.. cleared cache and reboot but still the same..
    03-22-18 05:16 AM