Hi,

I've just purchased the French version (AZERTY) of the KeyOne and there is a big issue: 5 keys (T, Y, I, Q, D) on the PKB are not working at all.
    I've reverted 3 or 4 times to factory settings.
    I've also checked if there were some OS updates, but it is up-to-date.
    I've tried typing in several applications and it is always the same.
    By the way those letters do appear when I use the VKB.

Can someone confirm whether it's a software or a hardware issue?

Thanks.
    05-27-17 02:59 PM
    Hi,

I've just purchased the French version (AZERTY) of the KeyOne and there is a big issue: 5 keys (T, Y, I, Q, D) on the PKB are not working at all.

Thanks.
    If you switch the keyboard to QWERTY input mode, do the keys work? If not, it sounds like a hardware issue. If it works in QWERTY mode, then it might be a software issue.

Basically, you need to verify that the keyboard works at a basic level. On BB10, there's BlackBerry Virtual Expert (BBVE) app. Maybe there's an Android equivalent.
    05-27-17 03:39 PM
    Well, I've tried to make it switch to QWERTY (even by removing French language) but I've not succeeded. When I type on "A" I still get an "A" though I should get a "Q" if it had switched.

I've searched for an application like BB Virtual Expert but I haven't found any.
    05-27-17 04:04 PM
    Sounds like a hardware issue
    05-27-17 04:07 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next week to bring it back. I hope they will exchange it and not send it to repair. I don't want to wait for weeks...
    05-27-17 04:21 PM
    Well, I've tried to make it switch to QWERTY (even by removing French language) but I've not succeeded. When I type on "A" I still get an "A" though I should get a "Q" if it had switched.

I've searched for an application like BB Virtual Expert but I haven't found any.
    I found BBVE here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rry.bbve&hl=en

but maybe it's presently only allowed for the PRIV? When I search on my Z30, it doesn't show up, usually meaning it's not meant for my device.
    05-27-17 05:56 PM
    Thanks for your replies.
    Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next week to bring it back. I hope they will exchange it and not send it to repair. I don't want to wait for weeks...
    Given how briefly you've had it and the likelihood that it's hardware issue, I would demand a new replacement. If you can, unbox at the store and test there, so you'll know if you have a working one before leaving. Hopefully it's not a general problem and the next KEYone you try doesn't have the exact same issue.
    05-27-17 06:00 PM
    I just posted about the KEYone and BBVE, whether it's available or not for the KEYone. Hopefully another KEYone owner can verify and perhaps point to a source, other than the Play store, if you're hoping to test before making an attempt at replacing.
    05-27-17 06:07 PM
    BBVE understand yet not available for KEYone.
    05-27-17 06:56 PM
    BBVE understand yet not available for KEYone.
    Thanks for confirming.

Someone else in the thread I started confirmed that it's not available for the KEYone. Sorry OP.
    05-27-17 08:39 PM
    Hi,

Thanks.
    OP take a look at these posts. It's from the same person.

https://twitter.com/Reddisme/status/866659420050149377
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...g-1109078-new/

Same, 5 keys not working. Definitely a hardware issue.

Disappointing to know Blackberry phones are shipped with dead keyboard... I mean you bought a blackberry for a reason right.. LOL. The keyboard is the main purpose!
    05-27-17 10:40 PM
    Thanks everyone !
    I have tried to install BBVE fromthe appworld.blackberry.com but I confirm it cannot and same thing from the Playstore (it is installed on my Priv but says it is not compatible with the Keyone).

I'm in some way relieved to learn that other users have encountered the issue. My feeling is that the partnership with TCL shows its first limits ...

Sure, when I go back to the shop (which is far from home and office ) I will ask to try the keys before leaving the shop.
    When I remember that the sales assistant proposed me to install the phone yesterday I do regret not to have done that. I asked "There is nothing special to do?" . The guy answered "No" and me: "OK, then I'll do it at home". Grrrrrr.
    05-28-17 05:08 AM
    Thanks everyone !
    I have tried to install BBVE fromthe appworld.blackberry.com but I confirm it cannot and same thing from the Playstore (it is installed on my Priv but says it is not compatible with the Keyone).

I'm in some way relieved to learn that other users have encountered the issue. My feeling is that the partnership with TCL shows its first limits ...

Sure, when I go back to the shop (which is far from home and office ) I will ask to try the keys before leaving the shop.
    When I remember that the sales assistant proposed me to install the phone yesterday I do regret not to have done that. I asked "There is nothing special to do?" . The guy answered "No" and me: "OK, then I'll do it at home". Grrrrrr.
    What's the date that's on your phone? Take a look at the front/back screen film that you peeled of when you first got it.

From my understanding is that May batches have alot of issues. QC checks not done for the may batches i suppose? (Rushing it out to meet demand haha)
    05-28-17 05:32 AM
    Hmm ... I don't see any date on the plastics or on the box. But as this is a French version, I am pretty sure it was not produced with the first devices in April. So it is probably a device produced in May.
    I also had the feeling that no control quality had been applied, but is it due to the need to release them at the earliest possible date, or is it because the manufacturer has poor QC procedures?

Is there some kind of list of the serial numbers that may be affected by the issue?
    Last edited by missparker76; 05-28-17 at 06:16 AM.
    05-28-17 05:50 AM
    Hello try contacting BlackBerry Mobile

https://www.blackberrymobile.com/support/contact-us/

Good luck

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 07:02 AM
    Just to let you know that the shop where I purchased the phone gave me a new one that is working perfectly
    jamesharmeling and cbvinh like this.
    06-02-17 01:37 AM
    Just to let you know that the shop where I purchased the phone gave me a new one that is working perfectly
    That's awesome! Thanks for letting us know. Mine will be delivered today!
    06-02-17 04:02 AM
    I am having the same issue with keys W, S, G, H, L. Purchased via Amazon.
    06-13-17 03:10 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I just bought a KeyOne today and I have the issue about the keyboard : I have an AZERTY one but the touch 1 / 7 and # / *are inverted. Now, in this one, that's just when I log in my phone (with the fingerprint code) - before it was when I was in the phone app, message app and others.
    Do you have an issue similar to mine ? How do you fix that kind of thing ?
    Thanks
    01-05-18 08:14 AM