Yikes! If Android uses essentially 1gb, then whatever manufacturer skin device you have uses 500mb to 1.5gb, doesn't leave the end user much flexibility. Users should have a minimum of 2gb of memory they can utilize for their apps!
    Attached Thumbnails 4gb should be ram minimum-690.jpg  
    06-09-17 05:17 PM
    Yikes! If Android uses essentially 1gb, then whatever manufacturer skin device you have uses 500mb to 1.5gb, doesn't leave the end user much flexibility. Users should have a minimum of 2gb of memory they can utilize for their apps!
    Attached Thumbnails 4gb should be ram minimum-689.jpg  
    06-09-17 05:18 PM
    4gb of RAM was the minimum requirement for Android 2 years ago IMHO. My GS7 needs more than 4gb (no gaming, no FB apps, just work and music). Just hate it how apps gets auto closed. RAM amount is more important than CPU in my opinion. The good news is, from now on, OEM should either double the amount or increase with 50% (e.g. I don't expect to see a phone with 5gb RAM).

When K1 leaked last year and 3gb of RAM was mentioned, I laughed big time.

Posted via CB10
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-09-17 09:55 PM
    4gb of RAM was the minimum requirement for Android 2 years ago IMHO. My GS7 needs more than 4gb (no gaming, no FB apps, just work and music). Just hate it how apps gets auto closed. RAM amount is more important than CPU in my opinion. The good news is, from now on, OEM should either double the amount or increase with 50% (e.g. I don't expect to see a phone with 5gb RAM).

When K1 leaked last year and 3gb of RAM was mentioned, I laughed big time.

Posted via CB10
    Not funny! Lol we're dealing hard over here lol! It's crazy my Moto G5 plus had 4gb of ram and 1.9gb free for ME! To use!!! Phone was stupid fast
    06-09-17 10:58 PM
    It's not even the low-mid tier chipset, or the platry 3 gbs of ram that are the worse part.

Those are acceptable, if you're making a low end phone to sell to developing markets for cheap.

But not for 730 CAD! That's insane!

I can buy a One plus 3T with 6gb of ram for that much. And an actual good processor!

And no, the keyboard is not worth a $250 premium.
    06-09-17 11:01 PM
    Meh, 3gb on my moto and I haven't had any issues. Granted I don't play games.
    06-10-17 06:44 AM
    It's not even the low-mid tier chipset, or the platry 3 gbs of ram that are the worse part.

Those are acceptable, if you're making a low end phone to sell to developing markets for cheap.

I can buy a One plus 3T with 6gb of ram for that much. And an actual good processor!

What about the two days of battery life?

625 is the i5 of the mobile world.

Performance in real world applications, side by side with a 835, is barely noticeable.
    06-10-17 07:06 AM
    What about the two days of battery life?

625 is the i5 of the mobile world.

Performance in real world applications, side by side with a 835, is barely noticeable.
    Yep I have a P2 - battery life is at least two days - 625 is fine for most users.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-17 03:58 PM
    Putting only 3GB of RAM in the K1 was definitely a bad mistake. Especially at its price point.

Posted via CB10
    JeBe4 likes this.
    06-10-17 04:48 PM
    Putting only 3GB of RAM in the K1 was definitely a bad mistake. Especially at its price point.

Posted via CB10
    One person wants 4GB ram, another wants an 835, another wants dual cameras, another wants Wireless charging, another wants 64GB storage. Priorities differ, so each person has a different idea of that "one missing piece".

Manufacturers set a price, and then pack in as much as they can that they feel best accommodates the anticipated target market.
    06-10-17 05:00 PM
    One person wants 4GB ram, another wants an 835, another wants dual cameras, another wants Wireless charging, another wants 64GB storage. Priorities differ, so each person has a different idea of that "one missing piece".

Manufacturers set a price, and then pack in as much as they can that they feel best accommodates the anticipated target market.
    Here! Here!
    06-10-17 05:30 PM
    OP, you are on the wrong board... here is your dream device with 12 GB ram two qualcomm processor, etc.etc. Smartphone with 12GB RAM, 1TB storage unveiled | Gadgets Now
    please come back and tell us how it perform to your expectation (I would you expected doing more and faster and better to your liking). besides, there is a list of 12Gb Ram phone with 1TB memory on the market... go wild if you have deep pocket. Happy hunting... Forget about K1... OK?
    raseru03 likes this.
    06-10-17 09:19 PM
    OP, you are on the wrong board... here is your dream device with 12 GB ram two qualcomm processor, etc.etc. Smartphone with 12GB RAM, 1TB storage unveiled | Gadgets Now
    please come back and tell us how it perform to your expectation (I would you expected doing more and faster and better to your liking). besides, there is a list of 12Gb Ram phone with 1TB memory on the market... go wild if you have deep pocket. Happy hunting... Forget about K1... OK?
    06-10-17 09:20 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 10:37 PM

again what do we expect from u looooooooooooooooool
    ur full of hatred pal maybe u need a break haha

Posted via CB10
    06-10-17 10:40 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 03:40 AM