Hi guys
    My unit has arrived couple of days ago. I want to buy another unit for a friend of mine, I've heard here that there is a 2nd gen of this device that doesn't have the screen lift issue, how can we know if the device is 2nd gen or 1st gen? Are there any indicators on the box or no?
    07-06-17 01:40 AM
    no answer?
    07-06-17 02:22 PM
    no answer?
    Those are rumors, quite honestly no one but TCL/BB Mobile know if there is a new version or if they have made changes.
    07-06-17 02:23 PM
    So, there is no way to make sure that the unit will not have the screen lift peoblem?
    07-07-17 12:17 AM
    There actually is a way, it's called superglue. Pop the screen out yourself, couple dabs, you're good to go.
    07-07-17 12:22 AM
    You can check the sticker in the phone back side, as it mentioned not sure if there is 2nd generation of the phone, but it make sense that TCL/ BB correct the manufacturing process after the screen issue reported.

Of course you can consider the superglue proposal in case you face the issue.
    Attached Thumbnails 2nd gen KEYone-10058.jpg  
    07-07-17 01:43 AM
    Someone in the forums specifically warned not to use superglue. Don't remember why though
    There actually is a way, it's called superglue. Pop the screen out yourself, couple dabs, you're good to go.
    07-07-17 08:57 AM
    I seem to think he said its vapours can make the screen go "blind"/look like frosted glass?

Edit: and probably a more flexible glue would be better than super glue that hardens fully.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-17 12:57 PM
    Well as i have said earlier, i ask this question for a friend of mine, my device hasn't shown any issues so far, and i hope it stays that way at least for thevnext four years...
    But my friend can sometimes be cruel to his phone, he had a BlackBerry several years ago, and as he says, it served well to him, but there is a possibility taht KEYone doesn't take all that pressure so good, so i told him that I've heard there is a version of the device which has no longer this issue, we contacted the store that sells this phone (it is the only one in our country that has the KEYone available), and they said that they aren't aware of any defection in the units and nobody has reported a problem so far, and as I've said earlier in my other threads here we can't use the warranty because Blackberry doesn't offer official services in our country...
    07-07-17 11:20 PM
    You can check the sticker in the phone back side, as it mentioned not sure if there is 2nd generation of the phone, but it make sense that TCL/ BB correct the manufacturing process after the screen issue reported.

Of course you can consider the superglue proposal in case you face the issue.
    Are you referring to the model number? Is it written on the box too or not? I don't have access to the box of my device right now, can you check it?
    07-07-17 11:23 PM
    I seem to think he said its vapours can make the screen go "blind"/look like frosted glass?

Edit: and probably a more flexible glue would be better than super glue that hardens fully.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks a lot.
    If i ever face this issue, I'll consider using glue to fix my phone.
    Last edited by MichaelAH95; 07-08-17 at 12:17 AM.
    07-07-17 11:25 PM
    Well as i have said earlier, i ask this question for a friend of mine, my device hasn't shown any issues so far, and i hope it stays that way at least for thevnext four years...
    But my friend can sometimes be cruel to his phone, he had a BlackBerry several years ago, and as he says, it served well to him, but there is a possibility taht KEYone doesn't take all that pressure so good, so i told him that I've heard there is a version of the device which has no longer this issue, we contacted the store that sells this phone (it is the only one in our country that has the KEYone available), and they said that they aren't aware of any defection in the units and nobody has reported a problem so far, and as I've said earlier in my other threads here we can't use the warranty because Blackberry doesn't offer official services in our country...
    You can show them the list of users who are having screen lift issues lol..
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12949448
    07-08-17 01:16 AM
    You can show them the list of users who are having screen lift issues lol..
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12949448
    What a coincidence, i was his reading your post!! That was a great work, keep updating the list untill the problem is fixed or you get bored doing so... As I've read in your post, there was a screen lift issue in the Blackberry Passport too, so is it a common issue in Blackberry phones?
    Are you aware of the possibility of changing international users phones (i mean those who don't have Blackberry servicing in their country) via warranty?
    07-08-17 01:41 AM
    I've had my KEYone for two months now and no screen lift issue. No issues at all tbh apart from software - there's a lot of software issues that need fixing.
    07-08-17 02:28 AM
    What a coincidence, i was his reading your post!! That was a great work, keep updating the list untill the problem is fixed or you get bored doing so... As I've read in your post, there was a screen lift issue in the Blackberry Passport too, so is it a common issue in Blackberry phones?
    Are you aware of the possibility of changing international users phones (i mean those who don't have Blackberry servicing in their country) via warranty?
    Yeah passport suffered from the same issue (screen lift) as well, but not as severe as the KEYone where the screen totally came off the chasis. I got the Passport SE 3-4 months after it was launched, a year and a half after the OG was launched and I did not have screen lift.

However, given the rate of the screen lift issues on the KEYone since it was launched, it seems bad. The phone was recently launched (lets take it at May), and till today there are at least 70 reported cases affecting users worldwide. What about unreported cases? I have no idea..

I can't remember reading any recent screen lifts for the passport, but I believe it was fixed. I truly hope the same goes for KEYone. I believe it will as I believe Blackberry will not allow TCL/BB Mobile to tarnish their good name and reputation lol..

Anyway, regarding your question about "changing international users phone", if I understand you correctly, you were asking if anyone bought the keyone from a grey market with no BlackBerry support in his/her country, will BlackBerry Mobile or TCL allows them to replace/fix their phone? The answer would be yes. I have read a few users with screenshot of their conversation with BlackBerry Mobile. They were asked to send to the nearest service centre in their respective region (see the sticky by BlackBerry Mobile regarding their directory). Some were also given the option to send to Hong Kong for a fix/replacement.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 09:55 AM
    Thanks a lot.
    If i ever face this issue, I'll consider using glue to fix my phone.
    If it's in the warranty period just get the phone replace - don't mess with it or it'll void the warranty.
    07-08-17 11:26 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12954696

TL;DR New units with the fix will be at retailers soonish.

I'm having mine replaced by warranty since the new units aren't at Amazon yet. Screen separation issue. I have one from the first Amazon batch.

PS: DO NOT USE GLUE!! It will make repairing it in the future much, much more difficult and can cause unevenness in the display (glue takes up more space if applied incorrectly, which is very easy). If you do a little research, you'll find some 2mm double-sided adhesive tape that is specifically used for mobile phone displays. Please use this if you cannot, or don't want to, do a warranty replacement.
    07-08-17 11:50 PM